Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nobhead family members

Rudy

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

My missus brother deserves a chapter of his own (Google voyeurism Worsley pool), but his lad is an utter wanker. 

Big birthday last year, so we all turned out to see him. Lapped it up giving the big I am, but proper saw his arse... Anyway, gets his gift, says Fuck all to me and the missus...

Thinking cheeky twat, maybe he's got a bit of his dad about him. Next thing he can't walk straight, he's shit himself and off he pops... no thanks, kiss my arse or anything.

Just plain rude

Brother in law reckons 'it's part of growing up: we were all like that at his age: he's only one' 

Twat

Dick! 🤣🤣🤣

13 hours ago, gonzo said:

Lifes too short to be falling falling out with close family members. 

However its also too short to waste time dealing with massive cunts just because you share the same bloodline.

True. I know folk who don’t speak to parents, siblings,etc, for the stupidest of reasons. It’s a bit pathetic and almost always seems to be about money. Often when a parent or grandparent dies and the vultures start circling. When my mum finally departs I’ll never fall out with my brother, the season ticket holding Massive (grew up as a BWFC fan) wankspangle.

My kids and step kids clearly know that once I retire me and Mrs Manc are travelling the world and spending every fucking penny on luxury. They can have the house and fund our dribbling retirement from the sale of it

I fell out with my dad in October last year and only started speaking to him a few days before his death and because he was ill. If he hadn’t of got ill I probably still wouldn’t be speaking to him and that’s shameful when I think about it. . That hurts me massively and when I look back I’m ashamed. 

• Members
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I fell out with my dad in October last year and only started speaking to him a few days before his death and because he was ill. If he hadn’t of got ill I probably still wouldn’t be speaking to him and that’s shameful when I think about it. . That hurts me massively and when I look back I’m ashamed. 

I lost a mate in a car crash few years back, day of the crash we fell out massively, when I heard the news I was devastated and felt ashamed and my dad said this “Don’t be sad that it ended, be happy that it happened” 

Meaning don’t live in regret at the negatives but remember the happiness

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I lost a mate in a car crash few years back, day of the crash we fell out massively, when I heard the news I was devastated and felt ashamed and my dad said this “Don’t be sad that it ended, be happy that it happened” 

Meaning don’t live in regret at the negatives but remember the happiness

Wise words mate. And I like to think I’m doing just that. Just made me realise what a stubborn cunt I am. I’m a fucker for holding grudges. Ive got some going back 30 years and I would gladly see the cunts pay for them even now. Need to get a get a grip 

• Members
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Wise words mate. And I like to think I’m doing just that. Just made me realise what a stubborn cunt I am. I’m a fucker for holding grudges. Ive got some going back 30 years and I would gladly see the cunts pay for them even now. Need to get a get a grip 

It happens pal. Life’s too short but it the same time it’s hard to swallow pride at times and be the bigger man

10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

But the stuff that you do for your mum is proper redemption and you should be happy about that pal

4 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

But the stuff that you do for your mum is proper redemption and you should be happy about that pal

Shouldn’t be a balancing act though like that should it? I get your drift and appreciate the sentiment though. 

my mum Is a million times the person my dad was. Ive never fallen out with her since I was a kid and never would. 

Tried to resist but... 

I have a half brother on my mum's side, two half sisters on my dad's; I'm youngest by a long stretch. 

Anyway, my sisters and I fell out years ago, I was a kid and they put pressure on me to excel at school, college etc (wish I listened). They then fell out with my mum for some reason and didn't speak for years. Was always closer to my brother as he was always local: bit handy, did a stretch, but was a grafter and pretty sound. 

So my folks retire, move to a bungalow and I rent their house. My brother needs some dough, so I'm pressed into buying. He starts ringing up, checking in our progress... Finds a broker to move things along. Anyway, we buy the house at the going rate, he gets a few quid; not arsed - we have the bricks and mortar. 

Next few years my dad lends him 10k.

They rarely visit, until my nephew dies in a car accident in Spain. Then they come round, can you do this, can you do that... My mum is broken at losing her first grandchild. Anyway, I get him repatriated, sort his funeral for him, identify his body and appoint a solicitor to monitor the criminal side of things. Spanish law often gives you yellow card for first offence even if caused death, but hey ho.

My nephew at the time had large debt over his head, which I managed to negotiate to zilch. Latterly, I discovered an insurance policy for 15k. They received that. After five years the Spanish judge passed a verdict, and they were awarded 100k+. Now, my suggesting appointing a solicitor was not motivated by money for them, just to use the system to keep them in the loop... However they were happy to accept. 

Anyway, years later my mum has a massive heart attack, and brother visited her once in hospital. She never came home, and has been in care since...

Sorry guys, I can't complete this yet.

My brother is a cunt who owed my dad thousands, I've got him 120k+ back and was an uncaring cunt until he was on his death bed, tried routing through his bungalow and accused my of nicking 22k without asking a single question. 

When my dad died all his bills were paid, credit cards covered and loans pretty much negotiated. If that wanker paid him back, or just even said thanks for everything none of this would relevant. I promised my dad I'd do what I can to look after my mum, and afford her as much of a life as possible, rather than her sat in the same chair, in the same fucking room until she dies. 

This shit very nearly sent me over the edge, and still gets me on the edge of rage

1 minute ago, Dr Faustus said:

Tried to resist but... 

I have a half brother on my mum's side, two half sisters on my dad's; I'm youngest by a long stretch. 

Anyway, my sisters and I fell out years ago, I was a kid and they put pressure on me to excel at school, college etc (wish I listened). They then fell out with my mum for some reason and didn't speak for years. Was always closer to my brother as he was always local: bit handy, did a stretch, but was a grafter and pretty sound. 

So my folks retire, move to a bungalow and I rent their house. My brother needs some dough, so I'm pressed into buying. He starts ringing up, checking in our progress... Finds a broker to move things along. Anyway, we buy the house at the going rate, he gets a few quid; not arsed - we have the bricks and mortar. 

Next few years my dad lends him 10k.

They rarely visit, until my nephew dies in a car accident in Spain. Then they come round, can you do this, can you do that... My mum is broken at losing her first grandchild. Anyway, I get him repatriated, sort his funeral for him, identify his body and appoint a solicitor to monitor the criminal side of things. Spanish law often gives you yellow card for first offence even if caused death, but hey ho.

My nephew at the time had large debt over his head, which I managed to negotiate to zilch. Latterly, I discovered an insurance policy for 15k. They received that. After five years the Spanish judge passed a verdict, and they were awarded 100k+. Now, my suggesting appointing a solicitor was not motivated by money for them, just to use the system to keep them in the loop... However they were happy to accept. 

Anyway, years later my mum has a massive heart attack, and brother visited her once in hospital. She never came home, and has been in care since...

Sorry guys, I can't complete this yet.

My brother is a cunt who owed my dad thousands, I've got him 120k+ back and was an uncaring cunt until he was on his death bed, tried routing through his bungalow and accused my of nicking 22k without asking a single question. 

When my dad died all his bills were paid, credit cards covered and loans pretty much negotiated. If that wanker paid him back, or just even said thanks for everything none of this would relevant. I promised my dad I'd do what I can to look after my mum, and afford her as much of a life as possible, rather than her sat in the same chair, in the same fucking room until she dies. 

This shit very nearly sent me over the edge, and still gets me on the edge of rage

Should also add, I did everything I could to hide my mum's 'income' from other sources to stop the system taking it off her. That meant mobility going on a car, and dad's pension going into savings... I also had receipts for 90% of everything within 10 mins, and not one of his kids, grandkids missed out on birthday Xmas, Easter etc... All with love from nana, who could barely hold a fucking pen

5 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Should also add, I did everything I could to hide my mum's 'income' from other sources to stop the system taking it off her. That meant mobility going on a car, and dad's pension going into savings... I also had receipts for 90% of everything within 10 mins, and not one of his kids, grandkids missed out on birthday Xmas, Easter etc... All with love from nana, who could barely hold a fucking pen

Some story that mate and you can tell it’s got you on the edge just telling it. Folk can be fucking atrocious  and sadly some of us have them as family. 

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Some story that mate and you can tell it’s got you on the edge just telling it. Folk can be fucking atrocious  and sadly some of us have them as family. 

Mate I nearly lost it Heisenberg style; it was only my missus and the kids pulled me back from the edge... I was outside some other cock suckers workplace ready to maim him. Airways swore if I'm going down, he's coming with me... Like to think he's got the fear of death living over him every day. 

Anyway, my mum who is now in care has twice been admitted to hospital- on both occasions I've been there before him. First time, I found out via Hope who wasn't sure wtf was going on, the second time someone told my eldest who was working in the chippy... 

Uber cunt

15 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Mate I nearly lost it Heisenberg style; it was only my missus and the kids pulled me back from the edge... I was outside some other cock suckers workplace ready to maim him. Airways swore if I'm going down, he's coming with me... Like to think he's got the fear of death living over him every day. 

Anyway, my mum who is now in care has twice been admitted to hospital- on both occasions I've been there before him. First time, I found out via Hope who wasn't sure wtf was going on, the second time someone told my eldest who was working in the chippy... 

Uber cunt

Easy for me to say but rise above it. You’ve shown you’re the better man and you’ve proven it in spades. Hopefully karma exists. Failing that hopefully he just meets a nasty end that matches up with his life choices 👍🏼

• Site Supporter

Sister in Law, the one who lives in Wolverhampton due to a job relocation has gone to my FinL’s for Christmas. Wife had to go round earlier and was asked to sign a joint Lasting Power of Attorney so they can jointly make decisions on behalf of their dad.

I asked wife if she knew what a LPA was for. Answer: not a clue!

I asked if she actually read what she was signing. Answer: No, I just signed it. 

Now, I don’t trust my SinL one little bit and it really wouldn’t surprise me if she’d conned my missus into signing LPA exclusively to her. Thing is, I’m not familiar enough to know one way or the other if she (SinL) would even need my wife’s signature on anything at all. Or maybe she’s asked FinL for the LPA and he’s said he wants them both.

Either way, I’d like wife to actually read what she signed (actually, I’d like me to read it so I can put it into simple terms) but wife is keen that we don’t go in all guns blazing telling SinL that we just don’t trust her.

14 hours ago, MickyD said:

Sister in Law, the one who lives in Wolverhampton due to a job relocation has gone to my FinL’s for Christmas. Wife had to go round earlier and was asked to sign a joint Lasting Power of Attorney so they can jointly make decisions on behalf of their dad.

I asked if she actually read what she was signing. Answer: No, I just signed it. 

Now, I don’t trust my SinL one little bit and it really wouldn’t surprise me if she’d conned my missus into signing LPA exclusively to her. Thing is, I’m not familiar enough to know one way or the other if she (SinL) would even need my wife’s signature on anything at all. Or maybe she’s asked FinL for the LPA and he’s said he wants them both.

Either way, I’d like wife to actually read what she signed (actually, I’d like me to read it so I can put it into simple terms) but wife is keen that we don’t go in all guns blazing telling SinL that we just don’t trust her.

better to sort it sooner rather than later instead of playing on your minds id say pal, that niggle can be ironed out

15 hours ago, MickyD said:

A bit late now Mickey, she's signed it.

I would have advised against signing it tbh, as i'm sure you would if you'd known in advance.

• Site Supporter

She can’t do anything with it until Monday so I’m happy to call on Saturday or Sunday and have my wife record herself telling her sister that under no circumstances must the LPA be set up as she feels she was coerced into signing. The metadata on the recording will date and time stamp it.

Even if that isn’t legally binding I reckon it’ll worry her.