Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Celebrity Deadpool 2021

miamiwhite

• Moderators

Shouldnt even be described as a disciplinary if its the beginning of the process

Ages since i ran the process but it should just be exploratory...poss leading to disciplinary

And if it was a disciplinary, you are entitled to representation which aint likely to get sorted for monday

1 hour ago, Dimron said:

In his own mind.

I received a text today inviting me to a disciplinary meeting on Monday morning, so I'd like to include the bustard

A text? No. Just no!!

https://www.gov.uk/disciplinary-procedures-and-action-at-work/how-disciplinary-procedures-work

This is the very basic explanation.

There should be a more formal communication. For a start the first step is an investigation meeting. This ‘may’ lead to disciplinary action. The first meeting should never be described as disciplinary!!

Few years ago at work we were all put through employment law training as people managers. As a follow up we were encouraged to go and attend employment tribunal hearings. I went for a day in Manc. Fuck me. There were folk who were quite clearly not-rights but the employers were not following procedure. This is law. Pure and simple. If he’s out to get you and he gets it wrong he’s fucked

As a people manager, if I get rid of someone, and they launch a constructive dismissal case, not only are the company liable but I am personally as well 

Good luck pal. 

2 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

A text? No. Just no!!

https://www.gov.uk/disciplinary-procedures-and-action-at-work/how-disciplinary-procedures-work

This is the very basic explanation.

There should be a more formal communication. For a start the first step is an investigation meeting. This ‘may’ lead to disciplinary action. The first meeting should never be described as disciplinary!!

Few years ago at work we were all put through employment law training as people managers. As a follow up we were encouraged to go and attend employment tribunal hearings. I went for a day in Manc. Fuck me. There were folk who were quite clearly not-rights but the employers were not following procedure. This is law. Pure and simple. If he’s out to get you and he gets it wrong he’s fucked

As a people manager, if I get rid of someone, and they launch a constructive dismissal case, not only are the company liable but I am personally as well 

Good luck pal. 

Agree 100% 

It doesn't matter what the issue is, you can't send a text on a Friday to say why you have to talk on a Monday as MW as laid out. Any start of a procedure takes a while, regardless of what you are accused of. A text? How do folk get away with that?

• Site Supporter

Dimron, take as many notes as you can. Not verbatim or anything but certainly bullet points so you can use it to follow any written 'evidence' later put forward from this meeting. 

Plus it spooks the hell out of your boss if he feels you would be able to produce a written report at any future hearing. 

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Dimron, take as many notes as you can. Not verbatim or anything but certainly bullet points so you can use it to follow any written 'evidence' later put forward from this meeting. 

Plus it spooks the hell out of your boss if he feels you would be able to produce a written report at any future hearing. 

Aye, definitely needs to start writing stuff down. 

1 hour ago, jayjayoghani said:

Aye, definitely needs to start writing stuff down. 

It appears I "ignored" an email just before Christmas asking for an explanation regarding some material purchases. He told people I would be retiring shortly about eighteen months ago and I made him climb down so he's been after me ever since. 

I have spoken to him on the phone this morning (surprised he answered) and told him if he wants to pursue things then we can have a teams meeting next week, I'm too busy to travel for a non-essential meeting.

32 minutes ago, Dimron said:

It appears I "ignored" an email just before Christmas asking for an explanation regarding some material purchases. He told people I would be retiring shortly about eighteen months ago and I made him climb down so he's been after me ever since. 

I have spoken to him on the phone this morning (surprised he answered) and told him if he wants to pursue things then we can have a teams meeting next week, I'm too busy to travel for a non-essential meeting.

Are you in a union? Unite take folk from all sectors, failing that Google TUC Union finder and they will guide you. It's essential you do it prior to any formal action commences. Most unions have a 4 week rule regarding representation, but it's worth a shot. 

@DimronThey can call you in for a chat. It cannot act as the disciplinary hearing though. For instance they could call you in for this chat Monday , and suspend you on Monday (sure he won’t) and would provide you with the necessary letter etc pending investigation and potential formal disciplinary hearings but that would only really be if they were thinking of dismissal. 

otherwise they can call you in for a chat and after the chat if you accept it can offer you a verbal warning. 

this is fag packet stuff though from my own experiences that’s all mate. But it was guided by HR within large corps. 

What I would say if keep the text as if he is going for more than a chat then he’s definitely put himself on the back foot. But there is a strict process he must follow 

guy sounds like any complete  cunt 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Dimron said:

Did you wish him a Happy New Year?