Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Celebrity Deadpool 2021

miamiwhite

3 hours ago, Blondi said:

So Hagler died from side effects of his Covd jab, thought the jab was supposed to be safe?

Just more anti-vax nonsense peddled by the usual suspects

Unless we are taking an Instagram post from Dr Tommy Hearns, IBO WBA WBO WBC as gospel?

Edited by jmjhb

My old man used to let me stay up for any boxing when I was a nipper.

Hagler was a hero, a complete warrior.

One of the first times I was enraged over a sporting contest was when Sugar Ray Leonard pitty-patted his way to 'victory' over Marvelous (no quotation marks needed, that was his first name - changed legally) - in primary school the next day me and my best mate, him blinded by Leonard's razzamattaz, had a heated argument about it, we almost came to blows ourselves and probably didn't speak 'til last playtime that day at least.

A true one-off.

Like someone else wrote, those exchanges between Hagler and Hearns will live forever.

R.I.P.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

On 14/03/2021 at 00:59, DavidLeesMullet said:

If you want to see some incredible boxing, watch the 'Three Rounds Of Madness' between 'Marvellous' Marvin Hagler and Tommy 'The Hitman' Hearns.

Just watched that again for the first time in ages.  Amazing.  Haglers durability in that first round must have mentally broken Hearns. He's landing bombs and Hagler is still coming forwards.  Theres more punches thrown in those 3 rounds than you see in most 10/12 rounders.

3 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Just watched that again for the first time in ages.  Amazing.  Haglers durability in that first round must have mentally broken Hearns. He's landing bombs and Hagler is still coming forwards.  Theres more punches thrown in those 3 rounds than you see in most 10/12 rounders.

Legend has it Hearns broke his right hand with the first major shot he landed on Hagler and vertually fought the rest of the fight one handed.

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

• Members
5 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Jesus, that's a shocker. Cracking lady with a great character.

Only woman to win the Nurburgring 24, and she did it twice in an M3 (obviously a lady of style and grace 😁

Very sad. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Only woman to win the Nurburgring 24, and she did it twice in an M3 (obviously a lady of style and grace 😁

Very sad. 

As a van driver, I have the ultimate respect for her performance in one round that track.

Astonishing; I reckon I'd roll mine well before I got anywhere near her speeds.