Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Celebrity Deadpool 2021

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
Just now, Burnden Pies said:

Tbh I would start at series two as IMO series one isn't anything like as good as s2 onwards. Just my opinion 

Cheers, but I can't do that. It would drive my brain mad if I didn't start from the beginning. I'll bear your advice in mind though when I watch it. 👍

11 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I agree, but I wouldn't advise anybody to miss a whole series, it definitely gets better as the seasons go on, and Paul Ritters character advances and becomes funnier as the series' go on. He was just brilliant, in fact I aspire to be just like his character 😃

Yes fair point. I just wouldn't want anyone to miss out by sacking it off too early. Jim's character also develops as the series goes on too. For me though it's Martin who steals the show. PR (or anyone else for that matter) going at just 54 is an absolute sickener

No age 54, cracking actor, Jim gets on ya tits and you just know he's gonna ring that doorbell with Wilson in tow every episode, proper cringe, all part of the drama and superbly written. 

And you would do Jackie and her mate, played brilliantly by Tamsin Greig and Tracy-Anne Orberman 

Correct on all counts Mr Grey!!

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I haven't watched Chernobyl yet, been on my watchlist for yonks (great word).

Will start it tonight 👍

You'll probably end up finishing it tonight too. It's fantastic.

• Site Supporter

I'm not at work this week, so you might be right.

I've watched it twice, both times intending to only watch the first episode, but to no avail. Whatever's the TV-equivalent of a "page-turner" -  it's one of them.

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Downloaded all 5 episodes from Sky Atlantic, I start at 9pm.

Not heard anyone saying anything other than its brilliant.

Try to ignore the all-over-the-place accents. That's the only minor criticism I have of it. It briefly irritated me, but it soon passed.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

I've watched it twice, both times intending to only watch the first episode, but to no avail. Whatever's the TV-equivalent of a "page-turner" -  it's one of them.

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Downloaded all 5 episodes from Sky Atlantic, I start at 9pm.

Not heard anyone saying anything other than its brilliant.

57 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Try to ignore the all-over-the-place accents. That's the only minor criticism I have of it. It briefly irritated me, but it soon passed.

I’ve watched it twice. It’s fucking brilliant. Second time I watched I just powered through over 2 nights

Here’s a suggestion though. There’s a brilliant podcast related to the series. First time I watched it I watched an episode and then listened to the podcast that related to that episode. Gives you a massive insight into what was reality and what was artistic licence. Also gives you info on the science stuff that might at times baffle you. There’s also a section that explains the accents which is really good. Honestly it’s well worth doing even if it slows down your watching 

@Cheeseis my podcast guru so may wish to comment either way if he’s listened to the podcast 

7 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Half way through Episode 2 (started at 8:30, half hour before anticipated), checking Internet for facts and how nuclear reactors work etc ... Its all very intense.

Which is why the podcast is so good. Simplifies it all. Worked really well for me. Not saying you have to do it of course

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

I’ve watched it twice. It’s fucking brilliant. Second time I watched I just powered through over 2 nights

Here’s a suggestion though. There’s a brilliant podcast related to the series. First time I watched it I watched an episode and then listened to the podcast that related to that episode. Gives you a massive insight into what was reality and what was artistic licence. Also gives you info on the science stuff that might at times baffle you. There’s also a section that explains the accents which is really good. Honestly it’s well worth doing even if it slows down your watching 

@Cheeseis my podcast guru so may wish to comment either way if he’s listened to the podcast 

😁 God help you if you consider me a guru on any subject whatsoever. Yeah, I listened to them all, but after I'd already seen the series. Wish I'd have done what you did.

17 minutes ago, Cheese said:

😁 God help you if you consider me a guru on any subject whatsoever. Yeah, I listened to them all, but after I'd already seen the series. Wish I'd have done what you did.

Don’t do yourself down. I may disagree with you on many subjects but your podcast recommendations are absolutely spot on. You’ve not failed me yet and you know that!!

On 23/12/2020 at 14:47, Youri McAnespie said:

Those two beardy twats off that Strongbow advert (murdering The Human League) - cause? Suicide pact when they realise what arseholes they are.

That freak off the Asda advert - kidnapped then decapitated by Boko Haram after Asda refuse to cough up the £92.50 ransom.

But I'd prefer...

Glitter aka Paul Dudd.

Huntley.

Weinstein.

Lifepool?

Sir David Attenbrough.

Clint Eastwood.

HRH Prince Phil.

On 31/12/2020 at 18:17, Dr Faustus said:

Please God be true... 

Captain Tom

Rob Burrows 

Prince Philip 

5 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I’m not arsed. Just countering your “please God, be true.

2 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Ah... See, that was quoting another message about the twat in the Asda advert. That's OK

Hope this clears things

• Site Supporter

I think it started as a bit of a laugh. Gary Neville, Alex Ferguson and that type of celebrity. Then folk started looking for the terminally ill and centenarians. 

I just looked at my own three this year. 

One down, two to go. 😇