Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Celebrity Deadpool 2021

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Nothing to do with anything like that. Anorexia is a proper serious illness. My sister works with Anorexics. Sadly, very few recover.

Oh I agree, and as I say it's tragic. Reading more, she has suffered from an early age; starting from an insensitive, but childish innocuous comment. 

Believe it or not, I don't mean to come across as crass (or frankly a twat), but she always struck me as being desperate for fame, it maybe just to be loved... Folk screaming her name will patch that scar up; but it can be easily ripped away. 

To me, it seemed she craved something... It was dangled, then at some point taken away. 

I just question whether anything 'reality' does enough research into their contestants, and if they went really get the support they need? 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Dr Faustus said:

Oh I agree, and as I say it's tragic. Reading more, she has suffered from an early age; starting from an insensitive, but childish innocuous comment. 

Believe it or not, I don't mean to come across as crass (or frankly a twat), but she always struck me as being desperate for fame, it maybe just to be loved... Folk screaming her name will patch that scar up; but it can be easily ripped away. 

To me, it seemed she craved something... It was dangled, then at some point taken away. 

I just question whether anything 'reality' does enough research into their contestants, and if they went really get the support they need? 

Doesn't matter what any of us think about the way she lived her life. The illness killed her.

37 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Doesn't matter what any of us think about the way she lived her life. The illness killed her.

So just ignoring the bit about her getting the support she so genuinely needed? Or that she was selected to be thrust into the limelight, despite her illness, or without her illness being properly evaluated? 

The 'millions of fans' she entertained, being asked to pay for her private medical bills... Do you not think the production company should have made a contribution? 

Tragically she has made celebrity deadpool. To me, those who made her a celebrity are partially responsible for her wellbeing? 

I couldnt give a Fuck how she lived her life; its tragic that she had succumbed to such a horrible illness. I feel she has been let down by those who made entertainment (and fucking millions) out of her. 

Don't turn this into another Cheese Almighty rant. The illness killed her, perhaps some folk could've done more to help rather than just using her

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

So just ignoring the bit about her getting the support she so genuinely needed? Or that she was selected to be thrust into the limelight, despite her illness, or without her illness being properly evaluated? 

The 'millions of fans' she entertained, being asked to pay for her private medical bills... Do you not think the production company should have made a contribution? 

Tragically she has made celebrity deadpool. To me, those who made her a celebrity are partially responsible for her wellbeing? 

I couldnt give a Fuck how she lived her life; its tragic that she had succumbed to such a horrible illness. I feel she has been let down by those who made entertainment (and fucking millions) out of her. 

Don't turn this into another Cheese Almighty rant. The illness killed her, perhaps some folk could've done more to help rather than just using her

I don't disagree with any of that. I think you've misunderstood me. You're right, I probably shouldn't have posted about her death here. I feel a bit ashamed to be honest.

At the same time though - I don't think those who made here famous are "partially responsible for her death". That's a bit like saying the people who made Jade Goody famous are partially responsible for Jade Goody's death. Both would probably have succumbed to their illnesses whether they were famous or not. But yes, the vultures got their piece of meat as they always do. Anyway, let's leave it there.

Edited by Cheese

Edit: the incorrect quote as fact from youri mcanespie, otherwise known as the wrong un should have been here regarding GM being in Kraftwerk

No, let's not.  you are as wrong as wrong can be

Edited by Gonk

19 minutes ago, Gonk said:

No, let's not.  you are as wrong as wrong can be

How is Cheese wrong in what he has said? He summed it up perfectly and has no reason to apologise. People need to take responsibility for their actions.

I'm not saying its that easy but by the looks of it she suffered for years.

Help is out there for people that need it but you've got to help yourself first.

9 hours ago, Cheese said:

I don't disagree with any of that. I think you've misunderstood me. You're right, I probably shouldn't have posted about her death here. I feel a bit ashamed to be honest.

At the same time though - I don't think those who made here famous are "partially responsible for her death". That's a bit like saying the people who made Jade Goody famous are partially responsible for Jade Goody's death. Both would probably have succumbed to their illnesses whether they were famous or not. But yes, the vultures got their piece of meat as they always do. Anyway, let's leave it there.

Fair dos, one thing I would add though is that one had an illness prior to going in, one didn't. 

I just have issues with reality shows in general; let's point and laugh at folk, or look how shitty their lives are... Worst kind of entertainment

• Moderators
20 hours ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Useless factoid, one of Georgio Moroder's earliest UK hits was Son Of My Father by Chicory Tip in 1972

And

I Feel Love was the first ever "electronic" number one

On 10/04/2021 at 12:49, Youri McAnespie said:

Georgio Morodor was in Kraftwerk, fact.

Lots of Germans have Italian names.

Mille Petrozza of Kreator or the footballer Maurizo Gaudino for example.

bit late to this but gonk(?) is right georgio moroder was never owt to do with kraftwerk, members of Neu or Can maybe related to Kraftwerk. but not georgio moroder. 

georgio moroder was more harold faltermeyer's (axel foleys theme) bandmate (other way round , really).. 

but just wanted to say the 'chase' is fucking class

33 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

bit late to this but gonk(?) is right georgio moroder was never owt to do with kraftwerk, members of Neu or Can maybe related to Kraftwerk. but not georgio moroder. 

georgio moroder was more harold faltermeyer's (axel foleys theme) bandmate (other way round , really).. 

but just wanted to say the 'chase' is fucking class

Love that. That was my favourite film for a long time. I’ve never tried to import drugs since that was released