Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Celebrity Deadpool 2021

miamiwhite

20 minutes ago, Zico said:

It was Kurgen who said that, not Kurt 

clancy brown was in the goldbergs once or twice which david spade was in once , who was in senseless by penelope speeris who also directed The Decline of Western Civilization which Flea from the RHCP was in (the third part) who apparantly met kurt cobain at least once. 

probably fails six degrees of seperation , but its the best i can do in half an hour. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Zico said:

He heard it from Kurgen who was around for years before NY rocked up

Aye he shouts it in the Church, but it's from a Neil Young album (Rust never dies?) 

Either way Cobain wrote it in his death note

Jim Steinman, composer of classic 1970s Wagnerian rock operas has died aged 73.

Most famous for composing the entire Bat Out Of Hell album for Meatloaf plus many others, but artists as diverse as Bonnie Tyler and Barry Manilow have had hits with his songs (Holding Out For A Hero and Read 'Em And Weep)

R. I. P. Jim and thanks for the music!!!

Probably his finest 10 minutes

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Jim Steinman, composer of classic 1970s Wagnerian rock operas has died aged 73.

Most famous for composing the entire Bat Out Of Hell album for Meatloaf plus many others, but artists as diverse as Bonnie Tyler and Barry Manilow have had hits with his songs (Holding Out For A Hero and Read 'Em And Weep)

R. I. P. Jim and thanks for the music!!!

Probably his finest 10 minutes

Used to go in Leon’s Cafe (on corner of Manchester Road and Bridgeman Place) for something to eat between day release finish time and night school start.

Bat Out of Hell was on the jukebox as a 45rpm single but it was so long the music went all the way to the label. This meant the auto-retract kicked in with about three minutes left. 

7 hours ago, MickyD said:

Used to go in Leon’s Cafe (on corner of Manchester Road and Bridgeman Place) for something to eat between day release finish time and night school start.

Bat Out of Hell was on the jukebox as a 45rpm single but it was so long the music went all the way to the label. This meant the auto-retract kicked in with about three minutes left. 

Epic/Cleveland International did a 6 1/2 minute edited version for the single and made a real hatchet job of it, same with MCA and Lynyrd Skynyrd's Freebird.

The only edited versions of a song I like are Elektra's Light My Fire by The Doors and CBS's (Don't Fear) The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult (Think it also had more cowbell on it too, pmsl!!!)

• Site Supporter

Bye Bye Leslie, Leslie Bye bye!

Les McKeown, Bay City Rollers

65, no age.

(I say no age, anyone on here below around 30 will shrug and think it’s old. As I creep towards my 60s, believe me, it’s no age!)

16 minutes ago, MickyD said:

65, no age.

(I say no age, anyone on here below around 30 will shrug and think it’s old. As I creep towards my 60s, believe me, it’s no age!)

The Bay Shitty Rollers were the antithesis of everything I hated about 70s music, thank goodness for punk

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

54 minutes ago, MickyD said:

65, no age.

Strangely, I recently lost an old acquaintance who made his fortune using the BCR. In spring 1974 (I think) he invested everything in BCR t-shirts which he sold in Blackpool over the summer, dodging police as he was hawking without a licence. In April he had to cadge money to buy a Vimto at the club shop but by September he was letting pals drive his RR round the car park at Longford Park.

43 minutes ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

The Bay Shitty Rollers were the antithesis of everything I hated about 70s music, thank goodness for punk

There’s far worse than them;

Led Zep

Lynryd Skynryd

The Eagles

ZZzzz Top

Bob Seger

Genesis with Phil Collins

Dull dull music

TF for punk

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

2 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

So you liked them, then?

I don’t not dislike a double-negative.

• 2 weeks later...