Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Carlisle (A)

Eddie

Just now, barrycowdrill said:

Asking for Parky back isn’t my point Jules. But his style of play would be more accustomed to this league. 

granted the 2 goals have been Santos errors today but the way IE is setting them up and what he’s asking them to do is be nice footballers too and disregard their defensive responsibilities and that’s been a constant through the season. Giving goals away week after week eventually goes beyond individual errors and it’s how they’re set up and what they’re being asked to do 

Yeah I know it wasn’t TBF pal and I kind a agree; just everyone then starts to ask for old Managers every time we get beat. Does my head in

I still say this pressure isn’t cos of style as they scored before we’d even started. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Why pick on him though? 

We just struggle when aggressive teams press us

RUR2R made an observation that he was too slow.

11 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Thomason too slow 2-0 WE ARE FUCKING SHIT

This is not even non league standard

I wouldn’t say that was “picking on him” as much as an observation. 

Other posters have made comment about other players but nobody jumps to their defence.

2 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Yeah I know it wasn’t TBF pal and I kind a agree; just everyone then starts to ask for old Managers every time we get beat. Does my head in

I still say this pressure isn’t cos of style as they scored before we’d even started. 

I completely get what he wants to do and I’m all for it and what I wanna see. But as much as he’s tried they obviously not getting it. Half of em can’t trap a bag of fucking cement so change it and stop asking them to do things they clearly can’t 

just be a little bit more pragmatic really 

1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

What is it about us not starting though? You could blame it on the wind today, because we literally can’t get out, but it happens time after time. I can’t remember us coming out flying and going at a team but we often seem to spend the first 5 minutes hanging on or worse like today - probably goes back to my previous point about battling and leaders, but there’s also got to be some blame with the manager if he’s not getting his team going 

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Does Evatt actually do any research on opposition teams before we play them?

It feels like he just thinks his set up is good enough regardless

I said it last week, he is an arrogant man, and unless he changes soon it will come back and bite him on the arse.  Unfortunately at our expense as well as his.

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

RUR2R made an observation that he was too slow.

I wouldn’t say that was “picking on him” as much as an observation. 

Other posters have made comment about other players but nobody jumps to their defence.

A few have leapt on him today when he’s not even been a focal point 

they’ve also said he’s non-league. That’s more than an observation and is barely giving him chance  

2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

I completely get what he wants to do and I’m all for it and what I wanna see. But as much as he’s tried they obviously not getting it. Half of em can’t trap a bag of fucking cement so change it and stop asking them to do things they clearly can’t 

just be a little bit more pragmatic really 

I’ve no issue with that and I agree. Think it’s part of IE’s learning curve unfortunately for us. BSA was a master of getting the most out of the abilities of the players and understanding you have to play within their limitations 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

What is it about us not starting though? You could blame it on the wind today, because we literally can’t get out, but it happens time after time. I can’t remember us coming out flying and going at a team but we often seem to spend the first 5 minutes hanging on or worse like today - probably goes back to my previous point about battling and leaders, but there’s also got to be some blame with the manager if he’s not getting his team going 

That’s got to be mentality hasn’t it. Wouldn’t mind but the likes of Sarc, Doyle, Baptiste- we’ve a spine that have all been there and done it....they particularly need to look on the mirror for me

A great team has leaders all over the pitch. “Everyone is a captain” is an oft used phrase in the game 

Sadly we look like we have none, Gilkes excepted maybe