Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crawley Town (H)

burnden

3 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

When he arrived I expected some semblance of a plan, tactics and set up, but he never had one and was to thick to change or admit he needed help. 

To me the job is to big for him, not completely his fault I know but he has handed lesser teams victories they should never have had with his lack of knowledge.

For all you can criticise IE for (and theres alot for me) it’s not, not having a plan

if it’s the right plan for this lot is another question 

not changing I get, but you seemed to revel in his lack of success before that was even apparent 🤷🏽‍♂️

39 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

A decent striker would have scored at least two with Doyle's chances today. He has been a massive let down IMO. His play when he comes back looking for the ball as been atrocious

See I think Doyle has been excellent when dropping deep. As good as anything we have in midfield. 

The problem being we need him up top. If we had two Doyle’s (one in midfield, one up top) we’d be in a much better position. 

When you get to the point where a home defeat to Crawley is almost accepted & justified.

When apathy replaces passion and anger. 

That is the real concern in all of this.

We are at that point. 

I guess a decade of abject failure takes its toll eventually.

Edited by captainmed

7 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

When he arrived I expected some semblance of a plan, tactics and set up, but he never had one and was to thick to change or admit he needed help. 

To me the job is to big for him, not completely his fault I know but he has handed lesser teams victories they should never have had with his lack of knowledge.

No plan or tactics? Have you been on the crack pipe? Changing ill give you but fuck me he's the most stubborn manager in the world with his plan and tactics...

Just now, hughmungus said:

Never criticised BWFC just the manager situation.

I get that you may not like the Manager, i do think you are negative, but its your view which to be  honest is looking more right than wrong.

I was a big Evatt fan pre season, but as the season gone on i am turning against him.

Do i think he can turn it around certainly ...Why because he has to be the worlds worse manager to fuck it up completly.

I would guess our home record is worse than last season.

I stated that when Evatt walked in the door he had a basis of a good team.

He is fucking wrong with his belief of the system he plays.....its horses for courses

Jones /Greenidge and Brockbank are not wingbacks

you CANNOT play that system without the right players playing in there right position.

3 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

I get that you may not like the Manager, i do think you are negative, but its your view which to be  honest is looking more right than wrong.

I was a big Evatt fan pre season, but as the season gone on i am turning against him.

Do i think he can turn it around certainly ...Why because he has to be the worlds worse manager to fuck it up completly.

I would guess our home record is worse than last season.

He is fucking wrong with his belief of the system he plays.....its horses for courses

Jones /Greenidge and Brockbank are not wingbacks

you CANNOT play that system without the right players playing in there right position.

Spot on 

10 minutes ago, captainmed said:

When you get to the point where a home defeat to Crawley is almost accepted & justified.

We are at that point. 

It's far from apathy believe me. 

We are where we are on merit.

You can wish a Knight in shining armour is going to roll up and romp us back up the leagues all you like, but eventually you've got to back a manager. 

Pretty sure you've called for us to sack each of the last 3 or 4? 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, captainmed said:

We are at that point. 

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

It's far from apathy believe me. 

We are where we are on merit.

You can wish a Knight in shining armour is going to roll up and romp us back up the leagues all you like, but eventually you've got to back a manager. 

Pretty sure you've called for us to sack each of the last 3 or 4? 

Pretty sure he wasn't wrong though 😁

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

I couldn’t disagree with you more here.  I think it’s been confirmed before that there was only Crawford, Politic and Delaney here when he came. Doyle and Sarcevic arrived shortly after.

Regardless of timings, there’s only a few of these players who have been in any first team regularly.

And while a few of these might be good players, for them to be considered a team is nonsense. A team needs to evolve, grow, bond, be together, perform together. None have them had ever done this.

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

I think we have a very serious problem with mentality

That aside, I think that we have some that could be v good at this level.

We aren't far off being good at this level but we also won't just get there unless there are major personnel changes AND Evatt starts to show he's learning from our losses and starts to evolve.

I've been convinced both will happen, but I fear for us now unfortunately.

So Jules, you say we aren’t far off being good at this level, but then you say we won’t get there unless there are major personel changes. How can we be “not far off good” but that we need “major personel changes” ?

1 minute ago, desperado said:

I couldn’t disagree with you more here.  I think it’s been confirmed before that there was only Crawford, Politic and Delaney here when he came. Doyle and Sarcevic arrived shortly after.

Regardless of timings, there’s only a few of these players who have been in any first team regularly.

And while a few of these might be good players, for them to be considered a team is nonsense. A team needs to evolve, grow, bond, be together, perform together. None have them had ever done this.

Crawford,Politic,Delaney, Darcy Riley, Thommason were here Doyle Sarcevic in talks with the club......Mathews was practically asking for a contract

Gordon, Taft,Greenidge,Crellin,White,Comley, isgrove ,Arthur Mascoll,Hickman

Jesus christ we had better last season

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, masi 51 said:

Crawford,Politic,Delaney, Darcy Riley, Thommason were here Doyle Sarcevic in talks with the club......Mathews was practically asking for a contract

Gordon, Taft,Greenidge,Crellin,White,Comley, isgrove ,Arthur Mascoll,Hickman

Jesus christ we had better last season

Crawford - Not the player he was 

Politic - Injured before start of season, potential yes, definite core player, possibly 

Delaney - Others ahead of him at moment 

Darcy - occasional flashes never consistently held down his place, this year or last

Riley - too inexperienced 

Thomason- hadn’t played a game till this season 

Doyle Sarcevic - never played at the club before 

5 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

So Jules, you say we aren’t far off being good at this level, but then you say we won’t get there unless there are major personel changes. How can we be “not far off good” but that we need “major personel changes” ?

Good and fair question 

By major I suppose I don’t mean vast quantities 

but 2-3 major shifts changes a lot for the whole

Say in each position there’s

Above standard

standard 

Below standard 

for me we have more than a smattering of above and below than most (who have a lot of standard level players)

The ones below really cost us. 2-3 really important major shifts from below to above, with key signings make a huge difference to the whole 

Not just due to the direct quality replacement but the effect on the other players who need more quality amount them 

We can carry 1-2 then and it would bring out the quality in Doyle for example and I think he’d bag loads

Hope that explains my blathering a bit better?

14 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

He’s in recruitment. 😂