Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crawley Town (H)

burnden

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Ah right. I'd prefer Jones as a full-back rather than the others, just because I think it's more important tgat we have a full-back in the full-back position rather than a left footed centre-half.

To be fair, we did play with a back fpur after they scored yesterday, and looked miles better.

Didn't we do something similar at Carlisle too?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Not quite. At Carlisle we moved Kioso to the right of the back three and had Isgrove at RWB

Yesterday's 4-3-3 worked better IMO, every players just seemed to know what to do.

Ta.

For me, Jones at full back (either side for the time being) in a 442 of 451.

Kioso in front on the right, Thomasson on the opposite side. He can certainly pick a pass and some balance with crosses etc from that side should provide more supply for Doyle.

Don't see it happening though.

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Ta.

For me, Jones at full back (either side for the time being) in a 442 of 451.

Kioso in front on the right, Thomasson on the opposite side. He can certainly pick a pass and some balance with crosses etc from that side should provide more supply for Doyle.

Don't see it happening though.

I think I'd prefer the 4-3-3 we ended up with yesterday myself. The midfield three of Tutte, Thomasson and Sarce just slotted together perfectly.

But to be fair to Evatt, it seems like the penny's finally dropped: "I changed shape in the end and longer term I think that’s the way I see it, I was just trying to get us through to this 10-day window where I can get bodies in, some training in.”

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

... it seems like the penny's finally dropped: "I changed shape in the end and longer term I think that’s the way I see it, I was just trying to get us through to this 10-day window where I can get bodies in, some training in.”

I do hope so. But he's a shape-shifter so I can't trust that is what he meant, or what he'll do. It'll be great if so, though.

Not because his preferred systen CAN'T work, but because it ISN'T.

It would mean months of energy, & failure, has been wasted.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I do hope so. But he's a shape-shifter so I can't trust that is what he meant, or what he'll do. It'll be great if so, though.

Not because his preferred systen CAN'T work, but because it ISN'T.

It would mean months of energy, & failure, has been wasted.

I fairness, you have to give things time to work.

Wouldn't bother sticking with it if we had players in the positions who are suited to it.

A right full back at left wing back- not his fault, he's doing his best. Looks better on the right.

8 hours ago, superkev said:

If we would have scored the goal Crawley scored yesterday people would have said brilliant goal. Instead it was shit defending

Agree with this, as I saw it, I thought it was a good goal. Every team who lets one in can pick at the defending, and we didn't make it difficult enough for them but it was well worked all the same. There are plenty of teams in this league who can put together quality bits of play and produce good goals

6 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I've not heard him criticise an opponent for their style, the odd word about being prepared to battle.

There was certainly a expectation from him at the season's start though.

He basically said Cheltenham were long ball merchants whose main weapon was launching long throw bombs at us and that Carlisle would clog us out of it if they could

• The topic was unpinned