Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Do a Big Shop - Order a Takeaway.

Youri McAnespie

10 hours ago, Rudy said:

Can you not get a far eastern lass to come round and cook your shopping? 

I always 'joke' only need a chin...an oriental girl for the full house. 😀

I've hardly owt in my 'larder' here at my pied-a-terre so she'd have to be inventive.

I'll pull my finger out later, nip to the Pakistani grocers for some bits and make a big pan of chicken methi murgh...

53 minutes ago, little whitt said:

i always look at it 

i don't smoke so saving £70 a week

i don't do a Big shop so saving £70 a week 

so that lets me spend £140 a week eating out in the week or 

Take Away's as we have to do now

How much do you save a week by not paying MAD MAX?

First girl I played house with couldn't cook for shit - she could burn water, and she was an ultra-picky eater. Not only was she picky, she was a picky veggie who didn't really like vegetables 😐.

I had to do ALL the cooking which was a double pain in the arse as I worked in catering and cooking is the last thing you want to do when you get in from work.

Three meals she would eat was cheese pie, chips and peas from the chippy - veg noodles from the Chinese and plain pizza, fries and cheese garlic bread. So we'd get those four or five times minimum a week. I'd get fish and chips or steak pudding etc. from the chippy, various stuff from the chinese and pizza/kebab place - mix it up.

She'd always have same from the chippy and same from the chinese and the same from the takeaway.

I had an ID photo taken after about a year of this and noticed I had a double chin.

Without noticing I'd probably put on three stone, she probably had too but I'm 6' 2" she was 5' 6".

We had turned into a cleaner and better dressed Wayne and Waynetta Slob.

Takeaways and to an extent eating out gaffs don't give a fuck about watching the calorific content of their grub.

Fat tastes good, salt tastes good, sugar tastes good. So they pile it on.

Takeaways and meals out are strictly a treat these days.

Fuck me, from Rudy's trainer theft thread now it's me being Jiminy Crickett. 😯

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
3 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

First girl I played house with couldn't cook for shit - she could burn water, and she was an ultra-picky eater.

I had to do ALL the cooking which was a double pain in the arse as I worked in catering and cooking is the last thing you want to do when you get in.

Three meals she would eat was cheese pie, chips and peas from the chippy - veg noodles from the Chinese and plain pizza, fries and cheese garlic bread. So we'd get those four or five times minimum a week. I'd get fish and chips or steak pudding etc. from the chippy, various stuff from the chinese and pizza/kebab place - mix it up.

She'd always have same from the chippy and same from the chinese and the same from the takeaway.

I had an ID photo taken after about a year of this and noticed I had a double chin.

Without noticing I'd probably put on three stone, she probably had too but I'm 6' 2" she was 5' 6".

We had turned into a cleaner and better dressed Wayne and Waynetta Slob.

Takeaways and to an extent eating out gaffs don't give a fuck about watching the calorific content of their grub.

Fat tastes good, salt tastes good, sugar tastes good. So they pile it on.

Takeaways and meals out are strictly a treat these days.

Fuck me, from Rudy's trainer theft thread now it's me being Jiminy Crickett. 😯

Find picky eaters weird. Couldn't be with someone like that. Weirdos. Probably why I'm a chubster now. Try anything once 😂

Edited by bolton_blondie

3 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Find picky eaters weird. Couldn't be with someone like that. Weirdos. Probably why I'm a chubster now. Try anything once 😂

I managed to widen her repertoire, when we met she 'didn't like' garlic, until I pointed out these veggie hotdog things she lived on were full of garlic.

I had to sneak onions into the tomato sauce for my home-made pizza by grating them very fine.

It was like cooking for a toddler.

She was a piece of piss to shop for though. I'm sure sometimes when we were together at the checkout the checkout person would be wondering where our small child was at.

Don't ever change BB.

What I don't get is when picky fuckers go on 'Come Dine With Me' - why? To then piss and moan and turn their noses up. Strange.

We’ve done quite of the few restaurant “at home” kits through this year and it’s been one of the positives. We do like to properly cook but this is a nice inbetween when you want something more to an the usual cycle of takeaways.

Somw are proper cooking from scratch, some are just heating up really.

Theres loads, the pick we’ve seen are:

Banquist

Hawksmoor

Home by Nico

Elite Bistros

Chateau-X

We've got a “finish and feast” by HAAR (Scottish gaff from Dean Banks, an ex Masterchef lad); minimal effort but makes NYE a little special if nothing else

Got a wagyu burger one coming in Jan too

Recommend it if you don’t mind paying restaurant prices for doing it yourself as an “experience”

3 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

We’ve done quite of the few restaurant “at home” kits through this year and it’s been one of the positives. We do like to properly cook but this is a nice inbetween when you want something more to an the usual cycle of takeaways.

Somw are proper cooking from scratch, some are just heating up really.

Theres loads, the pick we’ve seen are:

Banquist

Hawksmoor

Home by Nico

Elite Bistros

Chateau-X

We've got a “finish and feast” by HAAR (Scottish gaff from Dean Banks, an ex Masterchef lad); minimal effort but makes NYE a little special if nothing else

Got a wagyu burger one coming in Jan too

Recommend it if you don’t mind paying restaurant prices for doing it yourself as an “experience”

HAAR is superb Jules although that was eating there but suspect the home kit will be tremendous. 

i thought the home by nico was good and have also been twice to eat in and each time very good. 

im not a fan of these home takeaway malarkey’s though. Prefer to just sort it all myself if I’m cooking. Only did the nico one as the missus kept mithering.  

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

HAAR is superb Jules although that was eating there but suspect the home kit will be tremendous. 

i thought the home by nico was good and have also been twice to eat in and each time very good. 

im not a fan of these home takeaway malarkey’s though. Prefer to just sort it all myself if I’m cooking. Only did the nico one as the missus kept mithering.  

I have to say that a couple of the steak ones for example you could easily do yourself and save a packet.

I like it for when you get ingredients or methods you don’t know.

Banquist was the best for proper chefing for me.  Not keen on their Jan menu though. Not the Nico French one. The Thai was decent flavours though 

Glad to hear the reports on HAAR, I’d love to go up there for a seafood meal. St Andrew’s is ace, need to go back up for a round or 3 soon

3 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I have to say that a couple of the steak ones for example you could easily do yourself and save a packet.

I like it for when you get ingredients or methods you don’t know.

Banquist was the best for proper chefing for me.  Not keen on their Jan menu though. Not the Nico French one. The Thai was decent flavours though 

Glad to hear the reports on HAAR, I’d love to go up there for a seafood meal. St Andrew’s is ace, need to go back up for a round or 3 soon

Fire has some amazing places to eat 

If you’re up there try the peat inn and the cellar

12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Poor the only time I’ve been to the one up here. Can produce better myself. Was very underwhelmed 

I’ve been to a few of them and the Manc one can be hit and miss but it’s the best steak in Manc overall for me. Gaucho gone downhill big time.

The tier below your Miller and Carter’s are a good option IMO

Just now, jules_darby said:

I’ve been to a few of them and the Manc one can be hit and miss but it’s the best steak in Manc overall for me. Gaucho gone downhill big time.

The tier below your Miller and Carter’s are a good option IMO

Miller and carter is decent enough agreed