Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2021 holidays

bolton_blondie

Mexico in May for lads wedding. Was planning being away in Feb, March on a Far East adventure but that's not happening now!

might even consider buying something in Spain later this year subject to how Brexit pans out.

Oh and yes, I did a Caribbean Cruise by myself many yers ago...... Lovely

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, embankment said:

Fingers crossed our very delayed and moved by 12months.

Holiday to to Tenerife in July will go ahead.

Cost me £120 to re-book it.

Got my cash back no problem.for the Sept - Carihuela jaunt.

Both were booked through Jet 2  .

Around Oct 2019.

Jacko is alive, btw

• Site Supporter

Supposed to be on a river cruise in April in Germany /Austria that was cancelled last April, looked ace when I first got it ) 50th  present) was disappointed last year when cancelled. 
can’t see it it happening this year and don’t fancy it now anyway to be honest, the whole thing put me right off the idea 

looking to August for first real holiday 

Edited by fatolive

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Supposed to be on a river cruise in April in Germany /Austria that was cancelled last April, looked ace when I first got it ) 50th  present) was disappointed last year when cancelled. 
can’t see it it happening this year and don’t fancy it now anyway to be honest, the whole thing put me right off the idea 

looking to August for first real holiday 

Meldrew will buy the tickets off you, he loves hanging around on floating prisons comparing denture suppliers apparently

Booked Tenerife hotel for November 10 nights last night direct fully amendable / cancel up to 5 days before without penalty.

Sort the flights out at some point with the refund vouchers from this year when November seats have a sale.

Everything else is on hold until the picture is clearer

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Meldrew will buy the tickets off you, he loves hanging around on floating prisons comparing denture suppliers apparently

I wonder if holidays on them large floating caravans will be cheaper, as surely people would be nervous about going on them, imagine bobbing around in a COVID riddled portacabin in the middle of the Med, and the only escape you get is when you pull up in a harbour to get on a coach to travel 3 or 4 hours to see some old ruins. Although I suppose as the average age of people who go on cruises is around 85 anyway, then pretty much all of them could/should be vaccinated, so maybe it will be a bit safer?!?

I guess the one small blessing about catching COVID whilst on a cruise, is that you wouldn't be able to smell the stench of piss of from the passengers

15 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I wonder if holidays on them large floating caravans will be cheaper, as surely people would be nervous about going on them, imagine bobbing around in a COVID riddled portacabin in the middle of the Med, and the only escape you get is when you pull up in a harbour to get on a coach to travel 3 or 4 hours to see some old ruins. Although I suppose as the average age of people who go on cruises is around 85 anyway, then pretty much all of them could/should be vaccinated, so maybe it will be a bit safer?!?

I guess the one small blessing about catching COVID whilst on a cruise, is that you wouldn't be able to smell the stench of piss of from the passengers

As you say, All the piss riddled pensioners will have been jabbed up by March, so will be returning in their droves

Edited by Gonk

• Moderators
1 hour ago, L/H White said:

can anyone recommend some sites to rent private caravans?

for Quay West Haven, Wales

I'll ask the mrs later, she has been looking into all this for some time

• 5 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

One for @Traf

Even if the UK nails the vaccines, what is travelling abroad likely to be like in terms of quarantine on return in August/Sept?

Assuming other countries will let us in, will we still have to isolate on return?

Is it worth booking anything abroad, basically?

• Members
5 minutes ago, Spider said:

One for @Traf

Even if the UK nails the vaccines, what is travelling abroad likely to be like in terms of quarantine on return in August/Sept?

Assuming other countries will let us in, will we still have to isolate on return?

Is it worth booking anything abroad, basically?

Fuck it. Get it booked. What's the worst that can happen? 

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Fuck it. Get it booked. What's the worst that can happen? 

4 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Hassle, wasted optimism

Aye

It was a mate of mine asking yesterday, he’s got all excited as he only reads headlines.

I don’t think we’re the problem, it’s the fact other countries are so far behind us with vaccines?

• Members
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Aye

It was a mate of mine asking yesterday, he’s got all excited as he only reads headlines.

I don’t think we’re the problem, it’s the fact other countries are so far behind us with vaccines?

Trying to be a glass half full kind of person. I'm annoying myself with how fucking miserable I am at the moment and it doesn't do your mental health any good. Book it. 

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Aye

I can understand that we’ll be very careful in opening up to the world, if we’ve got on top of it.

Perhaps UK only for this year.