Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2021 holidays

bolton_blondie

My old man went to one years back at the copthorne hotel in Manc some sleaze mixed between a car salesman & a recruitment consultant (not jules) was hanging out of his arse all afternoon

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I thought timeshares died a death in the 90's? Tons got stung so thought they would never see light again.

They undoubtedly start their push with saying something along the lines of, “We all know about pushy sellers twisting arms up backs to get a sale... yadda, yadda, yadda but due to rules put in place, it isn’t like that any more. 

Then they start the push. And after all, they keep reminding you that you’re there of your own accord and are free to walk out at any stage. (They obviously forgot that to claim the mystery gift you need to still be there at the end)

2 hours ago, Winchester White said:

I thought timeshares died a death in the 90's? Tons got stung so thought they would never see light again.

I thought those stupid "I'm so fucking immature I can't trust myself to save up on my own" Christmas 'clubs' like Park Hampers would die a death after the aforementioned firm went pop about a month before Christmas one year, and savers got about six quid and a jar of mincemeat back..

But, no, there they pop up on the telly every year advertising, preying on the weak-willed and gullible.

Anyone who wants to give me a tenner or twenty quid a week for a year in exchange for £500/£1000 in vouchers at Christmas pm me. 

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I thought those stupid "I'm so fucking immature I can't trust myself to save up on my own" Christmas 'clubs' like Park Hampers would die a death after the aforementioned firm went pop about a month before Christmas one year, and savers got about six quid and a jar of mincemeat back..

But, no, there they pop up on the telly every year advertising, preying on the weak-willed and gullible.

Anyone who wants to give me a tenner or twenty quid a week for a year in exchange for £500/£1000 in vouchers at Christmas pm me. 

It was Fairpak that went bust, not sure what happened to the management but they should have seen jail time.

The vast majority of sales were in fact high street vouchers so that those who struggled at Christmas could save and either buy something using the vouchers or just give one of them as a gift.

A friend of the family used them for years and got others onboard too, most just got a couple of hundred quids worth to get the Christmas shop but some got several hundred to basically pay for Christmas. Was a big blow to them poor fuckers.

The law was changed so thw likes of Park now have to have the funds somewhat ring-fenced to stop it happening again.

51 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

It was Fairpak that went bust, not sure what happened to the management but they should have seen jail time.

The vast majority of sales were in fact high street vouchers so that those who struggled at Christmas could save and either buy something using the vouchers or just give one of them as a gift.

A friend of the family used them for years and got others onboard too, most just got a couple of hundred quids worth to get the Christmas shop but some got several hundred to basically pay for Christmas. Was a big blow to them poor fuckers.

The law was changed so thw likes of Park now have to have the funds somewhat ring-fenced to stop it happening again.

I could've swore it was Park Hampers.

Maybe they should put a blurb on their adverts this year?

"WE'RE NOT THOSE CUNTS WHO WENT BUST!"

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Be going that way ourselves if nothing is announced soon 

Only done it because we were going to a wedding and it’s been shifted to next year and other half didn’t want to go to the same hotel for two years in a row. Hoping to have a few days in Perpignan and Barcelona instead.  

• Site Supporter

Mate has just been on to TUI

Booked to go to Menorca in May this year.

Theyve said they can go but there are restrictions:

Poolside loungers must be booked and have a 2 hour limit

Restaurant observing distancing so queues a definite

Most additional activities such as kids club closed.

In other words, you can go, but it’ll be dog muck

• Members
27 minutes ago, Spider said:

Only 2 hours for your sun lounger and no kids club? Nah your alright thanks

3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Only done it because we were going to a wedding and it’s been shifted to next year and other half didn’t want to go to the same hotel for two years in a row. Hoping to have a few days in Perpignan and Barcelona instead.  

We like Perpignan, hired a car and toured there a few years ago including Barca... fancied living there

1 hour ago, Spider said:

TUI are officially shit twats, though.

3 minutes ago, Traf said:

TUI are officially shit twats, though.

We sell packages for Jet2, Easyjet Holidays, Olympic, Red Sea, Balkan, TUI etc as well as loads you won't have heard of loads that we package ourselves with our own ATOL licence, but TUI are by far the worst holiday firm to do business with.

On 26/02/2021 at 18:24, Winchester White said:

The case against the directors collapsed. The judge was severely critical of the secretary of state when the case came to court 6 years later (a Mr Cable).

20 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

UK properties who profiteer by hiking prices massively will shoot themselves in the foot massively years down the line.

By all means, increase prices a touch but 35% is out of order

If I can’t get abroad I’m certainly not paying ridiculous prices for somewhere in the uk end up doing days out instead and hopefully ok for October h/t