Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2021 holidays

bolton_blondie

1 hour ago, jayjayoghani said:

Buy a motorhome. Prices gone up here as everyone holidaying in the country. 

Lass at work gave me a 80's trailer tent. Thought it would be a mouldy, rusting mess and have to replace the interior but its in perfect condition. Only been used a few times. Its got a massive awning too. 

Plan on testing that somewhere close to home (summer hols if allowed), St Davids maybe. If its shite I'll sell it and continue using me tent.

• Moderators

Spent 35 moving flights to next year

Prob do it for nowt in a week or two but wanted to get it sorted before the rush

Lovely greek lady has refused to take any money off us, again

Manzged to get 4 nights in barmouth in june for sensible money

Might do a week after school hols ...checked out hawkshead in september....1500 quid for a week in a glorified caravan

3 hours ago, little whitt said:

that N500 im looking at in may 

even the B&Bs are having your pants down 

in Durness ...Ullapool....Fort William

£125 a nigh some 

Yep was expensive last year pal when I went but this year it’s even worse. 

fort William is a shit hole btw. 

pm me if you want any advice though and can give you some pointers to where we stayed etc 👍🏼

40 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Yep was expensive last year pal when I went but this year it’s even worse. 

fort William is a shit hole btw. 

pm me if you want any advice though and can give you some pointers to where we stayed etc 👍🏼

im thinking of going up sunday nice drive and staying Either staying in Inverness/Fort William sunday night 

then gofrom there Monday morning 

12 minutes ago, little whitt said:

im thinking of going up sunday nice drive and staying Either staying in Inverness/Fort William sunday night 

I started in Inverness and went anti clockwise so up to John groats and round that way. Most folk go other way. 

nice hotel in tongue is tongue hotel. Not that pricey either considering and spot on 

2 hours ago, little whitt said:

Summer Isles Hotel is perfect

Inverlodge Hotel in Lochinver

Kylesku Hotel

Edited by boltondiver

• Members

Just speaking to a lad at work about holidays, he has a wife and 3 kids so I said is he gonna try and get away this year for a holiday

He said he’s having a week on his own in a caravan in Devon, leaving the wife and kids at home. Says he does it every year and it’s just perfect. 

The man is a genius. 

• Site Supporter

21 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Just speaking to a lad at work about holidays, he has a wife and 3 kids so I said is he gonna try and get away this year for a holiday

He said he’s having a week on his own in a caravan in Devon, leaving the wife and kids at home. Says he does it every year and it’s just perfect. 

The man is a genius. 

Sterling?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.amomama.com/amp/238578-inside-englands-national-teams-football.html

I’m In the 3 kids gang. I think the Mrs would divorce me if I announced I was off on my own in a caravan for a break 😂

Edited by desperado

• Members
11 minutes ago, desperado said:

Sterling?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.amomama.com/amp/238578-inside-englands-national-teams-football.html

I’m In the 3 kids gang. I think the Mrs would divorce me if I announced I was off on my own in a caravan for a break 😂

Haha no it’s an IT guy, sound guy always got a side hustle going 

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That’s what the government want you to do, same as last year, not a chance for me. ✈️ ✈️ ✈️ 

11th September for me and then the 4th December. I’m quite looking forward to it not being as busy tbh 

Changed our algarve trip till next year (top work traf) and like others in the industry I have every sympathy for can’t be easy

October would be nice but wouldn’t be surprised if some bullshit like more variants or not everyone is vaccinated is used