Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2021 holidays

bolton_blondie

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I swear some folk revel in being locked down, genuinely think it’s they're danger of being diagnosed with a mental issue. Get yourself on holiday, life’s to short, your chances of dying are virtually fuck all if you’re vaccinated. 

Thinking exactly the same myself

Just now, Dimron said:

I rest my case.

The only reason why we're being fed these scraps is because we're voting tomorrow.

It'll all change before you go, Skegness is quite nice

Travel from Scotland remains banned so fuck all to do with any election 😎

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Where you thinking?

Booked it before coronavirus was a thing. Cottage mid Wales. Just been waiting since for confirmation, but they've now taken the balance of payment so its on.

Middle of nowhere, dark skies job. Few bbqs, walks with dogs, and two weeks chilling. 

I’m guessing people complaining about wearing a mask on a plane don’t use public transport. It’s now normal practice for many people daily. Like everything else in this pandemic, we have to adapt. 
I’d wear my mask for 24 hours tomorrow if it meant I could go to Australia. The chances of bringing anything back are pretty remote as their rates are almost zero. 
Not everyone goes to Benidorm for their holiday.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Booked it before coronavirus was a thing. Cottage mid Wales. Just been waiting since for confirmation, but they've now taken the balance of payment so its on.

Middle of nowhere, dark skies job. Few bbqs, walks with dogs, and two weeks chilling. 

Mid Wales is something I've not done yet. Love the coast and got the best of both in Pembrokeshire. I feel semi retired living down here. Enjoy.

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Our perfect holiday

Enjoy

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Mid Wales is something I've not done yet. Love the coast and got the best of both in Pembrokeshire. I feel semi retired living down here. Enjoy.

Mid Wales is big and we've done various parts over the years. 

Did Pembrokeshire a few years back too (near Fishguard).

The peace and genuine darkness is outstanding. Closer to nature, senses heightened- not everyone's cup of tea, but I reckon blood pressure, heart rate drop, serotonin goes up. Better way of life altogether than town based rat race.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The peace and genuine darkness is outstanding. Closer to nature, senses heightened- not everyone's cup of tea, but I reckon blood pressure, heart rate drop, serotonin goes up. Better way of life altogether than town based rat race.

I have relatives from Bury who moved to near St Davids many years ago... lost touch now but used to love going there on visits, love to go back... I'll suggest it to the other half.  Off to Glenforsa in Mull this year, looking forward to it.

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yeah its nice up north Pembs. Camped in various places in and around Fishguard/Cardigan. Only takes 30 mins or so and there's never any fucking traffic. Pack up the tent on a Friday and make a weekend of it weather permitted. 

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Called in at st David's when down there- a warm day and it was rammed. Horrible.

Nice place, but too many people.

Found some good looking cottages on the Scottish Islands a while back; fancy a trip maybe next year.

Might well have to be soon, before the hard border is built.

It's always heaving. St David's is ok for summat to eat and a mooch around the cathedral. Thats about it. They also have a excellent ice cream shop. 

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Found some good looking cottages on the Scottish Islands a while back; fancy a trip maybe next year.

Might well have to be soon, before the hard border is built.

Wifey is so keen to stay away from everybody she has actually agreed to let me fly her up to Mull for a holiday. She is used to me taking her into Bournemouth airport when we visit her sister but Glenforsa will be a bit different... We'll see if it all happens, I'll have to watch the weather. Dog doesn't care, just sleeps on the back seat like it's a car. Probably end up in Skeggy 🙂

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Sounds like hell to me. 😂

Edited by Mounts Kipper

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Whereas lounging round a pool for 14 days sounds like absolute heaven for me! :)

I don’t do that, walk, golf, swim, gym, tennis, cycling, make a bit of room so I can eat out most nights add in a little bit of relaxation but not to much as  I’m easily bored doing nowt. 

Hopefully after tomorrow’s announcement traf & others in the industry get hammered on bookings

Looks like Portugal will be ok gutted we moved till next year but the clock was ticking 

1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Hopefully after tomorrow’s announcement traf & others in the industry get hammered on bookings

Looks like Portugal will be ok gutted we moved till next year but the clock was ticking 

Big problem is the number of tests that folk are going to have to take, think it will be a very weak summer season if they insist on 2 or 3 PCR tests on return to the U.K. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Big problem is the number of tests that folk are going to have to take, think it will be a very weak summer season if they insist on 2 or 3 PCR tests on return to the U.K. 

it’s necessary though.

The UK has done really well, but most other places just haven’t.

I certainly don’t want September to be full of stories about plane loads of young folk coming back with Covid.

Shit, but has to be caution all the way until every fuckers double dipped with vaccine

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

course announcing destinations is one thing but still other things that need good clarification, think the cost of these tests is a big one