Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2021 holidays

bolton_blondie

23 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Hopefully after tomorrow’s announcement traf & others in the industry get hammered on bookings

Looks like Portugal will be ok gutted we moved till next year but the clock was ticking 

Holiday ive booked with Traf has gone up by a few ton since I booked when I looked yesterday so that tells me maybe good news is afoot 

Just now, Escobarp said:

Holiday ive booked with Traf has gone up by a few ton since I booked when I looked yesterday so that tells me maybe good news is afoot 

It was on bbc news that flights to the algarve have gone up considerably 

Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

It was on bbc news that flights to the algarve have gone up considerably 

I suspect they have an idea what’s coming and for which countries and they are simply reacting to that. As long as I get away I’m no fussed 

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I don’t do that, walk, golf, swim, gym, tennis, cycling, make a bit of room so I can eat out most nights add in a little bit of relaxation but not to much as  I’m easily bored doing nowt. 

Similar to me then!

Walk with dogs and family, do a bit of fishing, always eat well and focus on local produce.

Eating out is an issue when in a cottage with hounds as you're not supposed to leave them alone, which I reckon is a bit odd.

Really do enjoy sitting out under the stars though- log on the bbq and take it in. Always enjoyed it from being a kid, perhaps its because we don't get good night skies here.

Satellites, shooting stars, milky way, and the odd owl. :)

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Similar to me then!

Walk with dogs and family, do a bit of fishing, always eat well and focus on local produce.

Eating out is an issue when in a cottage with hounds as you're not supposed to leave them alone, which I reckon is a bit odd.

Really do enjoy sitting out under the stars though- log on the bbq and take it in. Always enjoyed it from being a kid, perhaps its because we don't get good night skies here.

Satellites, shooting stars, milky way, and the odd owl. :)

How odd is this owl?

Does it sit on a branch smoking roll up fags, or whistling Dolly Parton songs?

1 hour ago, Spider said:

it’s necessary though.

The UK has done really well, but most other places just haven’t.

I certainly don’t want September to be full of stories about plane loads of young folk coming back with Covid.

Shit, but has to be caution all the way until every fuckers double dipped with vaccine

Don’t think Europe is the main problem, India & Pakistan will drive any variants, don’t think the government will put tight enough rein on those destinations but will punish normally law abiding citizens going to European countries with relatively low rates. 

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Don’t think Europe is the main problem, India & Pakistan will drive any variants, don’t think the government will put tight enough rein on those destinations but will punish normally law abiding citizens going to European countries with relatively low rates. 

It’s just the fact that European countries may struggle to contain Covid entering from further afield.

They need to get vaccines sorted by the end of this year then we can truly get back to normal.

Cheers, lads.
Guarded optimism is the current state of our industry.

As some of you have already alluded to, it won't be quite as simple as going to/from a country on the green list.
1. That country needs to accept you and you'll have criteria to fulfil
2. You might need a PCR test overseas in order to come home. That will cost money and what if you fail?

I think July might be more like it.

4 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Hopefully after tomorrow’s announcement traf & others in the industry get hammered on bookings

Looks like Portugal will be ok gutted we moved till next year but the clock was ticking 

You did the right thing to be honest.

Every case is different, but based on where & when you were going and with having kids with you etc, I think you did right to err on the side of caution.

I'm not into making a commission off mates if the holiday isn't what they really wanted.

33 minutes ago, Spider said:

The green list then, I assume we're looking at Spain, Portugal, Italy & Greece at the very least?

Sky news suggesting many big name destinations to be on amber list 

36 minutes ago, Spider said:

The green list then, I assume we're looking at Spain, Portugal, Italy & Greece at the very least?

said on the news that Spain is more than likely to be Amber - some of Greek islands will be Green and some Amber as well I think

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Sky news suggesting many big name destinations to be on amber list 

I know France will be a no go, which I'm personally gutted about, but I can see Spain lobbying very hard to be in Green.

In fact, I bet Spain lobby so hard that a few key people accidentally end up with shiny new villas in Mallorca...