Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2021 holidays

bolton_blondie

As it stands if you fly back from amber area, you need a pre departure test for coming home a 2 & 8 day test and still have to quarantine for 10 days, that’s tighter restrictions than last year, it really is madness, last year you just had 5 day test & release, this government are really going to kill the travel industry. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

As it stands if you fly back from amber area, you need a pre departure test for coming home a 2 & 8 day test and still have to quarantine for 10 days, that’s tighter restrictions than last year, it really is madness, last year you just had 5 day test & release, this government are really going to kill the travel industry. 

What are the rules in other countries?

I know you have a love/hate relationship with Boris, but look at how a variant has managed to land on our shores with the tightest restricts of all.

Edited by Spider

8 minutes ago, Spider said:

What are the rules in other countries?

I know you have a love/hate relationship with Boris, but look at how a variant has managed to land on our shores with the tightest restricts of all.

It’s clear how the variant arrived, Boris allowed Indians and Pakistanis to fly while European destinations were locked down, methinks fear of being labelled racist allowed those flights to continue & that’s why Blackburn Bolton, Bedford and the rest have high rates of infection and clearly they don’t listen to social distancing, household mixing, mask rules and have low uptake of vaccinations, get a proper grip on these areas and it’ll soon reduce levels of infections.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s clear how the variant arrived, Boris allowed Indians and Pakistanis to fly while European destinations were locked down, methinks fear of being labelled racist allowed those flights to continue & that’s why Blackburn Bolton, Bedford, have high rates of infection because they have high rates of folk still flying to high risk areas and who clearly don’t listen to social distance, household mixing and mask rules. 

Us palefaces aren’t completely gout free once the restrictions are lifted though.

Last summer, loads of surges from pubs etc..

Foreign travel is just asking for trouble this year. I’m as annoyed as you as I have a family place over there and am desperate to go, but I see the reasons for hanging on.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Us palefaces aren’t completely gout free once the restrictions are lifted though.

Foreign travel is just asking for trouble this year. I’m as annoyed as you as I have a family place over there and am desperate to go, but I see the reasons for hanging on.

Us palefaces hadn't been vaccinated last summer.....

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, jeep said:

Us palefaces hadn't been vaccinated last summer.....

We’re not the problem, no disputing that.

Its J. T. Foreigner esq who needs to get his shit together

2 hours ago, Spider said:

I want a holiday as much as the next person, but if we don't get away this year, and it's not looking likely, then it's not the end of the world really

I agree that it will further decimate the travel industry, as Mounts says a couple of posts above.....it'll be interesting to see if they announce another extension to Furlough in the next week or so, if they do, then I think that tells us al we need to know about what's happening for the rest of this year.

I already suspect the "unlocking" on 21st June is already going to be pushed back into July

55 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Its a big ole place, I'm in Kent.

Anyway, if they lock us down they seem to do it for everyone and then let us out first. Which is nice of the government.

Some extra good news as well ahead of the easing, Bromley was the only borough in southeast London recorded to have a lowering rate, with the latest data putting the infection rate at 13.8 (46 new cases), down from 15.0 (50 new cases) in the preceding week and Lewisham has the lowest number of cases in SE London. 

Anyway, what's this rapid response team that's been sent to Bolton? If anyone sees a Donald Sutherland lookalike, I'd leave.

Edited by Not in Crawley

23 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Its a big ole place, I'm in Kent.

Anyway, if they lock us down they seem to do it for everyone and then let us out first. Which is nice of the government.

Some extra good news as well ahead of the easing, Bromley was the only borough in southeast London recorded to have a lowering rate, with the latest data putting the infection rate at 13.8 (46 new cases), down from 15.0 (50 new cases) in the preceding week and Lewisham has the lowest number of cases in SE London. 

Anyway, what's this rapid response team that's been sent to Bolton? If anyone sees a Donald Sutherland lookalike, I'd leave.

Bromley is London

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Its London and Kent.

Like Enfield is Essex and London

My postcode is Bromley, Kent.

As I say - big ole place.

It’s London in the same way Croydon is 

Nobody puts counties on addresses 

London Borough of Bromley being a clue as well 

Plus paying CIL to the London Mayor 

3 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

It’s London in the same way Croydon is 

Nobody puts counties on addresses 

London Borough of Bromley being a clue as well 

Plus paying CIL to the London Mayor 

I do - Bromley, Kent - I don't have a London postcode, mine's BR

When I worked in Barking we also used Essex on the address.

Greater London - it's a big ole place...

Love this place - start an arguement about postcodes 😄

Basically, you can be a london borough and use a country address if you're not central.

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I expect many on here do

Why?

Unless you want to live in the past 

5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Basically, you can be a london borough and use a country address if you're not central.

Kingston doesn’t have a London postcode but it’s London 

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Well, this is a minefield when it comes to Enfield! With an EN postcode you can be in Essex, various London boroughs or Hertfordshire. You can’t be in Middlesex, because it doesn’t exist; however, various websites state Middlesex as the borough when you put in an Enfield postcode for delivery.

3 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Enfield was Middlesex 

As you correctly pointed out - “was”.

So hit and miss, don’t know what it will be like when you are there and the airport hassle etc don’t think we will bother - plus the fact we quite often miss first couple of games - so every cloud !!

don’t really understand why everyone is so hung up on getting a road, I love going away, but what’s a bit longer in the scheme of things - let’s get this virus sorted and then go from there......