Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2021 holidays

bolton_blondie

• Members

Seeing pictures of people at Manchester Airport checking in for their Faro flight is making me a bit depressed.

What I'd do for that £6 airport pint waiting for your gate to come up on the board. Landing in a foreign country and the heat hitting you when you walk out the aircraft. 

Fuckers. 

I need to get somewhere soon as this weather is doing my head in.

I can quarantine no problem on arrival back in the UK but I’m not willing to pay for a hotel, so no red list countries.

Double jabbed first week June and I’ll assess the travel situation then.

Seriously considering Phuket in July for a month as ASQ restrictions are lifted and you can travel elsewhere after 7 days...

Edited by captainmed

1 hour ago, captainmed said:

I can quarantine no problem on arrival back in the UK but I’m not willing to pay for a hotel, so no red list countries.

Seriously considering Phuket in July for a month as ASQ restrictions are lifted and you can travel elsewhere after 7 days...

The thing is wether you've had both jabs or not there's absolutely no difference as far as the restrictions are concerned. You still have to have negative a PCR test and quarantine. Unless you go to one of the very few countries on the green list. Fancy a fortnight on the Falkland Islands, do you.

Edited by waffer cup 07

1 hour ago, captainmed said:

Just stay there until the restrictions are lifted, might be 3 months mind, but now your retired go for it. Enjoy. 👍

32 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

The thing is wether you've had both jabs or not there's absolutely no difference as far as the restrictions are concerned. You still have to have negative a PCR test and quarantine. Unless you go to one of the very few countries on the green list. Fancy a fortnight on the Falkland Islands, do you.

Phuket opens 1st July if you are double jabbed with no ASQ on arrival.

I can also quarantine on return to the UK no problem, so there will be a number of options in a few weeks IMO. USA could be OK too.

It’s this 2 week quarantine on arrival back in the UK that is the stumbling block for many.

Edited by captainmed

21 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Phuket opens 1st July if you are double jabbed with no ASQ on arrival.

I can also quarantine on return to the UK no problem, so there will be a number of options in a few weeks IMO. USA could be OK too.

It’s this 2 week quarantine on arrival back in the UK that is the stumbling block for many.

It’s a strange requirement of returning to U.K. that you have to test on day 2 day 8 and still have to quarantine after that for 14 days, also strange that test and release on day 5 is still available yet quarantine length is 14 days, government still all over the place. 

31 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s a strange requirement of returning to U.K. that you have to test on day 2 day 8 and still have to quarantine after that for 14 days, also strange that test and release on day 5 is still available yet quarantine length is 14 days, government still all over the place. 

Quarantine is 10 days unless you use test to release. Test to release obviously lets you out earlier if you have a negative test after 5 days.

The tests on day 2 and 8 are used mainly for monitoring whether any variants have been brought in.

19 minutes ago, dave2980 said:

Quarantine is 10 days unless you use test to release. Test to release obviously lets you out earlier if you have a negative test after 5 days.

The tests on day 2 and 8 are used mainly for monitoring whether any variants have been brought in.

Why can’t you test day 8 and if negative not have to quarantine for a further 6 days, isn’t the 5 day test & release same test as day 8 test? Sounds like it’s just about £££.

10 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Why can’t you test day 8 and if negative not have to quarantine for a further 6 days, isn’t the 5 day test & release same test as day 8 test? Sounds like it’s just about £££.

You don't have to wait for 6 days after your day 8 test it's 2 days. The quarantine period is only 10 days not 14 (It was reduced at some point last year from 14 to 10). It probably takes 2 days for the results to come back

Certainly not going away this year - up to Durham to see the other half's folks and unless Bolton isn't sealed off and under fumigation by then to Bolton to see family who the kids are desperate to see and who they haven't seen for 18 months.

Happy to wait until next year before going away.

On 14/05/2021 at 13:24, DirtySanchez said:

Why?

Unless you want to live in the past 

Kingston doesn’t have a London postcode but it’s London 

Sorry missed this - yes Bromley is London but also you can put Kent as an area. I'm not use what you are missing about this thing, esp since greater London is so large that areas of London are sometimes refered to as in certain counties.

I guess Romford is another exmaple, its in Havering but lots of locals still refer to it as in Essex and use this on their address.

Both Greater London areas

Or an even better example is Bolton which is offically in Greater Manchester but............

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Smiley said:

2021 is shaping up nicely for holidays... 

Wales - June

Wales - July

Wales - August

Wales - October

Still got a few weekends to slot in. Thinking of maybe doing Wales. Not sure yet. 

58 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Whereabouts in June?

Fuckin' Wales. 

Just now, bolton_blondie said:

Yep. You organising a WW weekend piss up holiday? 

I would have thought mad prices.
Just seen a flight from Edinburgh to faro for 9quid  return Tuesday to Sunday at start of June. That’s the cost of an average glass of wine in town. Madness 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Yep. You organising a WW weekend piss up holiday? 

You coming?

You get to be the lucky recipient of a Dirty Chewbacca courtesy of Rudy if you're up for it.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

You are. He can sleep in one of your Gucci espedrilles

I’m a size ten so we would need to put some paper in it for him. 

its more for a train to Glasgow where it’s tier 3 for me than a  return flight to faro. How the fuck is that possible 

im currently looking for accommodation. It’s on 😎. Bit of impromptu sun incoming