Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a danger of reading stuff and believing too much. Here's my take. Get it booked with a travel agent that offers ABTA/ATOL protection. If it's cancelled by somebody other than you, you

Took little one when she was 3ish. I'm not a caravan holiday lover but she bloody loved it. Wasn't full of 99p Sun holiday scutters either. Cracking fish and chip shop called the lime crab I think jn

Tell wife she’ll need to stay home with positive child.

  • Members
11 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I thought timeshares died a death in the 90's? Tons got stung so thought they would never see light again.

They undoubtedly start their push with saying something along the lines of, “We all know about pushy sellers twisting arms up backs to get a sale... yadda, yadda, yadda but due to rules put in place, it isn’t like that any more. 
 

Then they start the push. And after all, they keep reminding you that you’re there of your own accord and are free to walk out at any stage. (They obviously forgot that to claim the mystery gift you need to still be there at the end)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Winchester White said:

I thought timeshares died a death in the 90's? Tons got stung so thought they would never see light again.

I thought those stupid "I'm so fucking immature I can't trust myself to save up on my own" Christmas 'clubs' like Park Hampers would die a death after the aforementioned firm went pop about a month before Christmas one year, and savers got about six quid and a jar of mincemeat back..

But, no, there they pop up on the telly every year advertising, preying on the weak-willed and gullible.

Anyone who wants to give me a tenner or twenty quid a week for a year in exchange for £500/£1000 in vouchers at Christmas pm me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I thought those stupid "I'm so fucking immature I can't trust myself to save up on my own" Christmas 'clubs' like Park Hampers would die a death after the aforementioned firm went pop about a month before Christmas one year, and savers got about six quid and a jar of mincemeat back..

But, no, there they pop up on the telly every year advertising, preying on the weak-willed and gullible.

Anyone who wants to give me a tenner or twenty quid a week for a year in exchange for £500/£1000 in vouchers at Christmas pm me. 

It was Fairpak that went bust, not sure what happened to the management but they should have seen jail time.

The vast majority of sales were in fact high street vouchers so that those who struggled at Christmas could save and either buy something using the vouchers or just give one of them as a gift.

A friend of the family used them for years and got others onboard too, most just got a couple of hundred quids worth to get the Christmas shop but some got several hundred to basically pay for Christmas. Was a big blow to them poor fuckers.

The law was changed so thw likes of Park now have to have the funds somewhat ring-fenced to stop it happening again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

It was Fairpak that went bust, not sure what happened to the management but they should have seen jail time.

The vast majority of sales were in fact high street vouchers so that those who struggled at Christmas could save and either buy something using the vouchers or just give one of them as a gift.

A friend of the family used them for years and got others onboard too, most just got a couple of hundred quids worth to get the Christmas shop but some got several hundred to basically pay for Christmas. Was a big blow to them poor fuckers.

The law was changed so thw likes of Park now have to have the funds somewhat ring-fenced to stop it happening again.

I could've swore it was Park Hampers.

Maybe they should put a blurb on their adverts this year?

"WE'RE NOT THOSE CUNTS WHO WENT BUST!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Be going that way ourselves if nothing is announced soon 

Only done it because we were going to a wedding and it’s been shifted to next year and other half didn’t want to go to the same hotel for two years in a row. Hoping to have a few days in Perpignan and Barcelona instead.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Mate has just been on to TUI

Booked to go to Menorca in May this year.

Theyve said they can go but there are restrictions:

Poolside loungers must be booked and have a 2 hour limit

Restaurant observing distancing so queues a definite

Most additional activities such as kids club closed.

 

In other words, you can go, but it’ll be dog muck

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Spider said:

Mate has just been on to TUI

Booked to go to Menorca in May this year.

Theyve said they can go but there are restrictions:

Poolside loungers must be booked and have a 2 hour limit

Restaurant observing distancing so queues a definite

Most additional activities such as kids club closed.

 

In other words, you can go, but it’ll be dog muck

Only 2 hours for your sun lounger and no kids club? Nah your alright thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Only done it because we were going to a wedding and it’s been shifted to next year and other half didn’t want to go to the same hotel for two years in a row. Hoping to have a few days in Perpignan and Barcelona instead.  

We like Perpignan, hired a car and toured there a few years ago including Barca... fancied living there

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spider said:

Mate has just been on to TUI

Booked to go to Menorca in May this year.

Theyve said they can go but there are restrictions:

Poolside loungers must be booked and have a 2 hour limit

Restaurant observing distancing so queues a definite

Most additional activities such as kids club closed.

 

In other words, you can go, but it’ll be dog muck

TUI are officially shit twats, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Traf said:

TUI are officially shit twats, though.

We sell packages for Jet2, Easyjet Holidays, Olympic, Red Sea, Balkan, TUI etc as well as loads you won't have heard of loads that we package ourselves with our own ATOL licence, but TUI are by far the worst holiday firm to do business with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/02/2021 at 18:24, Winchester White said:

It was Fairpak that went bust, not sure what happened to the management but they should have seen jail time.

The vast majority of sales were in fact high street vouchers so that those who struggled at Christmas could save and either buy something using the vouchers or just give one of them as a gift.

A friend of the family used them for years and got others onboard too, most just got a couple of hundred quids worth to get the Christmas shop but some got several hundred to basically pay for Christmas. Was a big blow to them poor fuckers.

The law was changed so thw likes of Park now have to have the funds somewhat ring-fenced to stop it happening again.

The case against the directors collapsed. The judge was severely critical of the secretary of state when the case came to court 6 years later (a Mr Cable).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

UK properties who profiteer by hiking prices massively will shoot themselves in the foot massively years down the line.

By all means, increase prices a touch but 35% is out of order

Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked at booking a place on skye earlier this week. They’ve increased prices by over 60% on last year for roughly the same time of year. Needless to say I’ve passed them by and others doing the same thing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

UK properties who profiteer by hiking prices massively will shoot themselves in the foot massively years down the line.

By all means, increase prices a touch but 35% is out of order

If I can’t get abroad I’m certainly not paying ridiculous prices for somewhere in the uk end up doing days out instead and hopefully ok for October h/t 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.