Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Frank Worthington

TrickyTrotter

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

There aren’t many games when I’m ok with losing, but it was fine on that day in April.

shows how your view changes over the year

my view at the time was that he scuffed the shot  :)

i know when i replicated it the next day, i stuck the shot in the top corner

9 minutes ago, 1969 said:

What would he be worth in today's market 

He's the type of personality football is sadly missing now

In this day and age he'd be hounded out of the game.  Look at all the flack the likes of Kyle Walker and Jack Grealish get for their behaviour ... and then imagine what Frankie would have been getting up to.

Somehow couldn't imagine him adhering to Lockdown rules. :)

3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

In this day and age he'd be hounded out of the game.  Look at all the flack the likes of Kyle Walker and Jack Grealish get for their behaviour ... and then imagine what Frankie would have been getting up to.

Somehow couldn't imagine him adhering to Lockdown rules. :)

Slight difference for me them two are just over rated pricks

Worthy was just a cheeky chappie and one with talent 🙂

53 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Didn’t this come out a few years ago via his daughter? Something which was later denied (by supposedly himself) I think. 

It did. Exactly as you put.

Whilst it was clear it was accurate.

Very sad, as a cases of Alzheimers or Dementia are. Bless 'em all.

Very sad to read that report. 

Amazing talent, probably only surpassed by Jay Jay and Youri as most gifted Wanderers players I have seen. 

The ball used to stick to him like it did with Youri.

Scored lovely goals too, they never seemed to be ordinary.

• Members

When I was growing up and first started watching Wanderers I used to get old programmes and read them. 
I was obsessed with a few pictures that appeared in them. 
Nat stood  outside burnden, Nat drinking out of the FA Cup, cig in one  hand and a big fuck off scar on his shoulder and then this one of Frank

b9f3f7267c915032466f24add76ff8a4.jpg

Tash, headband, red socks, signet ring and the best looking home shirt we’ve ever had. The epitome of a cool footballer. 

I remember driving along St Peters way in my van and Frank pulled up along side at the lights in a skoda as the club had these as part of a sponsorship we gave the usual "like the skip Frank" and got a smile and the finger! 

He will always be one of the Bolton greats and loved him when he played for us. The promotion at Blackburn that night will live with me to my grave

Remember the Friday night game at Burnden when we battered that red scum 3-0. The Stags Head at Daubhill was rocking after the game with everyone singing Frank Worthington's magic to the YMCA song which was played continuously.

45 minutes ago, Rudy said:

When I was growing up and first started watching Wanderers I used to get old programmes and read them. 
I was obsessed with a few pictures that appeared in them. 
Nat stood  outside burnden, Nat drinking out of the FA Cup, cig in one  hand and a big fuck off scar on his shoulder and then this one of Frank

b9f3f7267c915032466f24add76ff8a4.jpg

Tash, headband, red socks, signet ring and the best looking home shirt we’ve ever had. The epitome of a cool footballer. 

Fav away shirt, @Rudy?

3 hours ago, mickbrown said:

He looks cool as fuck in that Umbro kit

He was cool as fuck, normal folk could only ever dream to be a cool as Franky, top top footballer & not bad shagger by all accounts. Glad I met him on couple of occasions, Love the man all time top hero of mine. Sad sad news. 🥲

Edited by Mounts Kipper