Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Frank Worthington

TrickyTrotter

• Site Supporter

I've said before on here that the greatest football night of my life was at Ewood park  when he stroked that one home. For younger supporters they will probably never experience away followings like that all 4 sides of the ground erupted and on the pitch after was just unforgettable. For that night alone the man is a real legend.

19 minutes ago, emus wig said:

Bigger the game the better he was used to glide around the pitch natural athlete . Tore McQueen a new one in the 3-0 Friday night game . Shit on ,shit on, shit on United tonight tonight . Song went summat like that 😐

Not to forget the away game when he got a last minute winner to beat the filth

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Was he player manager of Tranmere - played them in a shitty cup comp and he came on as sub to standing ovation

He was indeed. I went a time or two when they played Friday nights. To see Big Frank that is.

I stood at the side of the tunnel and my Bolton scarf always got a wave.

1 hour ago, nantwichwhite said:

Saw him a few times in Bennys in Radcliffe, had no edge with him really, never looked that pissed just on the prawl . But Reidy, Robson and Kennedy (Liverpool full back) always looked leathered. 

Once got chatting with him in there in Robson's piano bar with Reidy and my mate and his girlfriend. 2 minutes in and he's making a move on my mate's girl. My mate didn't know what to do, his hero chatting his bird up: Suggest a threesome, let him have a go or tell him to back off. Bird was enjoying the attention. Reidy stepped in with She's young enough to be your daughter, she told him to mind his own business she could look after herself!

5 minutes ago, Gonk said:

Once got chatting with him in there in Robson's piano bar with Reidy and my mate and his girlfriend. 2 minutes in and he's making a move on my mate's girl. My mate didn't know what to do, his hero chatting his bird up: Suggest a threesome, let him have a go or tell him to back off. Bird was enjoying the attention. Reidy stepped in with She's young enough to be your daughter, she told him to mind his own business she could look after herself!

Loved Worthy but a threesome with him would be pushing it

Was lucky enough to see almost every home game Worthy ever played for us, he was worth the admission fee alone.

Also consider myself lucky to have witnessed our victory at Ewood,Old Trafford and also his "wonder goal" v Ipswich .

He reckoned he scored an even better goal at QPR that wasn't caught on camera sadly.

An absolute legend.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

7 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Was lucky enough to see almost every home game Worthy ever played for us, he was worth the admission fee alone.

Also consider my self lucky to witness Ewood,Old Trafford and also his "wonder goal" v Ipswich .

He reckoned he scored an even better goal at QPR that wasn't caught on camera sadly.

An absolute legend.

What Memories,  I really envy you seeing the great man  (sadly I was too young) , an absolute crying shame for Frank and his Family.

Regarding the QPR Wonder goal , I thought I read on here from various posters that it was actually filmed and shown on a London? Sport report  but was now  probably hidden away somewhere in the archives .

Edited by dusan nikolic

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Also consider myself lucky to have witnessed our victory at Ewood,Old Trafford and also his "wonder goal" v Ipswich .

An absolute legend.

The one at QPR would have been played as often as Ipswich goal if readily available