Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kioso

Ani

1 minute ago, Farnywhite said:

Got to go four at the back now 

You'd think so wouldn't you, Id like Tutte lee and Thomason as midfield 3, Sarce in front of them,  Fonz & Doyle up top (although not sure they are working as a pair but not sure what else to do?).

Not convinced he will do this as makes us very narrow compared to playing with wing backs?

When does the window close ? Jones seems to be saying Kioso may come back depending on their injury situation.They have a lb who played in their last game & was coming back from injury Brendan Galloway .Indicated in his interview that this player needed to go out on loan , needed game time.

Edited by Take Hunt Off
Senior moment

4 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Kioso is a loss. He was the only bloke in the squad capable of winning a header!

FFS! Is Declan John this seasons Will Buckley?

Agree with that, we'll miss his heading ability.  For decades we've always had good header's of the ball even when we've struggled, generally - Trevor Morgan, Philliskirk in 80s, McGinlay, Mixu, Blake, Taggart, Bergsson etc in 90s....then the BSA and SKD years and even recently with Wheevers and Madine.  I took it a bit for granted but god this team is a waste of space in the air.

• Site Supporter

Tactically this is as bad a news day we could have had. So much emphasis has has been placed on this 10 day break to bring in new bodies and get them playing to a system which suits. To get to the eve of the game and have the 2 wide players, who potentially would have the quality to get us moving upwards consistently, now unavailable, is gut-wrenching for all, especially for IE and the coaching team.

On the back of this I feel it will be back to the inconsistent, lack of quality width performance that makes the score prediction impossible. I now unfortunately feel it will be difficult to get anything here 🙁 

53 minutes ago, desperado said:

Tactically this is as bad a news day we could have had. So much emphasis has has been placed on this 10 day break to bring in new bodies and get them playing to a system which suits. To get to the eve of the game and have the 2 wide players, who potentially would have the quality to get us moving upwards consistently, now unavailable, is gut-wrenching for all, especially for IE and the coaching team.

On the back of this I feel it will be back to the inconsistent, lack of quality width performance that makes the score prediction impossible. I now unfortunately feel it will be difficult to get anything here 🙁 

And we don’t know which two players are out with COVID 🤷‍♂️ Team news Might get even worse 

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Nixon reckons Northampton interested in taking Kioso on loan , following his loan being ‘ cut short at Bolton’ .Nixon shit stirring ? or some manoeuvring going on ?

Kioso could turn Northampton down if he wanted to come back here. Proper club not a cricket ground.

23 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

We need more height !!

I blame Toby.

Its technique we need more than height.  The centre halves are all big enough but don't seem to have the ability to win headers especially in the opposition box.  Kioso and Baptiste win their fair share, without being the tallest.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Its technique we need more than height.  The centre halves are all big enough but don't seem to have the ability to win headers especially in the opposition box.  Kioso and Baptiste win their fair share, without being the tallest.

Yep, it seems the taller the centre halves we get, the worse they are in the air. 

Santos & Greenidge are terrible.

3 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Include Brockbank in that. I think he won every one last time out.