Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pwoppa walking gear

Burndens Bogs

Just now, bolton_blondie said:

Yeah it is, just looked at my app. Really really don't need more trainers! 😂

😂😂😂 She said google health service discounts, she added her email address and the offers came. 

This is the clever bit... Folk will save on average of 70% on rrp in to total. I'd start taking orders at 60%

😉

Went for a walk up to the Pigeon Tower and beyond today. I learned that my Karrimor jacket really is waterproof and breathable, my Karrimor fleece really is warm and breathable. My Karrimor boots are not as waterproof as I thought though. To be fair though, I was walking in a virtual stream most of the time on the top as the paths were flooded.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Too warm for a fleece today. Put a light one on, under the coat to walk the dogs.

Boiling!

Really? i had a T shirt on underneath 2 long sleeved T shirts, 2 fleeces, then a waterproof jacket & waterproof over trousers. Can’t say i was boiling, but i was out for over 2 hours. Must admit to being a bit of a wuss when it comes to cold/wet weather, some folk are just meant to be in warmer climes.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Really? i had a T shirt on underneath 2 long sleeved T shirts, 2 fleeces, then a waterproof jacket & waterproof over trousers. Can’t say i was boiling, but i was out for over 2 hours. Must admit to being a bit of a wuss when it comes to cold/wet weather, some folk are just meant to be in warmer climes.

T shirt, long sleeved T shirt, and thin fleece. Then gore tex.

Shirts soggy when I got back, not from rain.

20 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

By eck, what when it gets cowd?

21 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

By eck, what when it gets cowd?

Probably only 4 or 5  degrees admittedly - so not that cold in the great scheme of things, but the wind was cold + it was very wet.

I don't mind it colder, in fact i quite like those cold/crisp/sunny winter days.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

Probably only 4 or  degrees admittedly - so not that cold in the great scheme of things, but the wind was cold + it was very wet.

I don't mind it colder, in fact i quite like those cold/crisp/sunny winter days.

Aye.

Today though, thermal base layer, hoodie and goretex. Was fine. Maybe an additional t shirt at the most, but warm enough when moving.

Two walks this week, yesterday round Ide Hill - great little 4 miler, Kent's highest village and the inspiration for the beginnings of the National Trust.   By god its muddy out though, especially through the wooded areas and with more walkers it's getting churned up. 

And even with piss wet fields, 4inxh thick mud my feet had been as dry as a bone.....

Was warm yesterday though, did most of it in just a t-shirt and waterproof.

Edited by Not in Crawley