Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (H)

globaldiver

41 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Not won in 5 these in the league......

Can do what we want with stats...so I will. Just looking at their away games:

Kept 6 clean sheets in 10 games and only lost 3, they don't concede or score many, we can rule out a 6-3 or even a 3-2.

They've won 2, drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 5 away.

I'll take avoiding defeat, an improved (home) performance, and a goal as a sign of improvement.

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

Aye, running out of time aren't we

I keep thinking a draw or loss isn’t a disaster because of some blind faith from somewhere that we’ll go on a good run at some point and end up at least in the play offs - then I realise that we’re half way through Jan and still 15th in the league!

• The topic was pinned
2 hours ago, Eddie said:

I keep thinking a draw or loss isn’t a disaster because of some blind faith from somewhere that we’ll go on a good run at some point and end up at least in the play offs - then I realise that we’re half way through Jan and still 15th in the league!

I think we are in this division for at least one more year

FFS

Edited by boltondiver

Just now, Steejay said:

Look on the bright side.

We get another chance for Barrow away. 😁

And plenty of others

In a post covid war world, we'll have a ball!

I actually don’t think it’s the end of the world if we don’t go up this year AS LONG AS our finances are in a strong enough position to spend another year in L2.

Let’s be honest, we’re not getting to a game this year, so the novelty of being in this league and going to some of the new grounds won’t have worn off, any players that I’d give a shit about keeping are contracted for another year, and in theory another year of building the team/system and stability should mean that we are far stronger and should win a lot more games next year and be at the top of the league from the off (I know that’s a big presumption but the Rose-tinted glasses are on).

Obviously I’d rather us get promoted, but like I say, if FV can sustain us in this league for another season then I won’t be too worried by having another go next year with crowds back.

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I actually don’t think it’s the end of the world if we don’t go up this year AS LONG AS our finances are in a strong enough position to spend another year in L2.

Let’s be honest, we’re not getting to a game this year, so the novelty of being in this league and going to some of the new grounds won’t have worn off, any players that I’d give a shit about keeping are contracted for another year, and in theory another year of building the team/system and stability should mean that we are far stronger and should win a lot more games next year and be at the top of the league from the off (I know that’s a big presumption but the Rose-tinted glasses are on).

Obviously I’d rather us get promoted, but like I say, if FV can sustain us in this league for another season then I won’t be too worried by having another go next year with crowds back.

people are very naive if they think another season in L2 won’t have an impact on the club financially.

But it’s ok as there’s decent away games 

8 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

people are very naive if they think another season in L2 won’t have an impact on the club financially.

But it’s ok as there’s decent away games 

Its for the other thread, but can't see away fans being allowed in 2021.  I've lowered expectations on that front but more than happy if we can just get back in home games this year and also see crowds for televised games.  But its all going to be socially distanced till nobody can realistically pass on Covid to someone not vaccinated.