Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (H)

globaldiver

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

A bit of perspective 

Lee going off changed a lot of things

Doyle needs to be more clinical, we didn’t look like conceding.

The last two games we’ve conceded from individual errors. 

Two new lads in today and we were the better team. A couple of more bodies in and we’ll be different in the run up to the end of the season. 

We aren’t that far off. 

Thing is though, we've not been far off most of the season, but I just don't see us galvanising a charge this season sadly.

Hope I'm wrong.

And as annoying as it is, I'd stick with him. TBH if only to piss Hugh off 😁

At least we'll get to do them Div 4 aways we've missed out on this season  

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Been there mate, wishing you a speedy recovery.  Had days when I've been pleading with BWFC to be a positive and not a further negative.  Touch wood I feel strong enough to take whatever this team throws at me today!  It will turn for you so that you're looking forward to games again, irrespective of whether the team improves.

Cheers pal, back from my walk went through Longsight park along the river down to Bury Road and back.Cant say its completely alleviated my feelings of doom and gloom but looks like I did the best thing avoiding that. They are just making me angry.

We just can't nail home games. It feels like we are papering over the cracks of poor summer recruitment. Which in themselves were an attempt at papering over the cracks of the club's overall situation. 

I remain unnerved by the fact we are only 7 points above the bottom two. I'll be happier once we've picked up one or two wins. In Feb we play Barrow, Scunthorpe, Southend and Stevenage all close to each other. If we fail in those games it may prove to be an anxious Spring. Unthinkable really. Hope it doesn't go down that route.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

For me the Darcy conundrum continues.

2 loanees come in overnight and he doesn't even make the bench, although the new lad Jackson looks okay and we do need a LB, if he can cut out the Beevers diagonals he will be fine.

Lee going off is a worry, he looks a class apart.

Delaney can't pass, when he does its behined the player, and is shocking from corners defending his own box. 

I would have Brockbank over Jones at RB, he's just an all round better player.

We deserved a point, but overall it's still not good enough.

I think Jones is fine. Better going forward for me, but Brockbank looks a centre half in the making.

Neither are at the heart of our issues.

Unless he does something crass we're stuck with this preening, shape-changing, charlatan for this & into next season.

So it's to be hoped he can develop some sort of system. At the moment I don't see any coherent thinking from him at all.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Brockbank defended well. Perhaps not as good going forward, but did the job.

Crawford and sarc amongst others are responsible for us going forward.

Imo, the shitshow that has been our left side has taken a lot of heat off jones

Hes not up to much, i reckon

Then brockbank came on

Jones improved the longer harry played

2 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

That's another shit youth who shouldn't be in a football league team, Politic and Darcy being two others.

Politic right 

He'd be a first name pick in this team, if fit. At least he's got an end product unlike half of these pricks 

I've been as negative as anybody in recent weeks but I didn't think it was so bad today. Half an hour up to half time was really good, should have gone in at least one up.

They changed things, stopped us working right side and got on top early second half but we still had to gift them the goal, another mess at a set piece. 

We huffed and puffed to get back into it, not surprising given they parked the bus, goal came from the thing we're crying out for the most, somebody bothering defenders closer to Doyle. Evatt reckons he knows that's needed and is trying to sort it, if he does I'll reserve further judgement on him till he's tried it for a run of games. 

Haven't been much of a fan of Isgrove but he was all right today. Not that easy to judge the two new lads on one outing but they were ok by and large. 

Santos played a fair bit better today.

• Members

Why can't we play football for 90 minutes? We only ever play good in one half and rarely capitalise on the chances we get in the good half , doyle should have had 3 or 4 first half.

3 of the teams below us have 2 games in hand on us now  1 team below have 1 game in hand ......it feels like we are almost standing on the trapdoor .

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Give over.

Arthur should have been in yes, but no way is he 'more negative than Parky'.

Confidence isn't great and still making mistakes defensively, but we created more chances in the first half than Parky did in a month. 

I believe he’s worse, Parky was playing against better teams week in week out and at a higher level so I can understand why he was negative, Evatt not got that excuse, the standard at this level is woeful, set your team up to play at high tempo and on the front foot and you beat most teams in this league, seems Evatts bottles gone to me, sets up not to lose and it shows. 

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I think Jones is fine. Better going forward for me, but Brockbank looks a centre half in the making.

Neither are at the heart of our issues.

Brocky is a basic full-back.

No bad thing in itself, but it's difficult for him in a system which asks the full-backs to push forward.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Amazingly were still only 8 points off being in the thick of the Play offs . We do need some wins soon though.

It’s a ridiculous looking table. So close and compact from top to bottom

11 minutes ago, Rudy said:

A bit of perspective 

Lee going off changed a lot of things

Doyle needs to be more clinical, we didn’t look like conceding.

The last two games we’ve conceded from individual errors. 

Two new lads in today and we were the better team. A couple of more bodies in and we’ll be different in the run up to the end of the season. 

We aren’t that far off. 

And that offers a realistic perspective of our current situation 👍

If we had won that game, like we ought to have done after our first half performance, then we would all be happy.

However we one again go a goal down and react slowly.

The home form is a big big concern and Arthur should have started.

We need a couple of wins because at the moment we’re looking down rather than up.

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I believe he’s worse, Parky was playing against better teams week in week out and at a higher level so I can understand why he was negative, Evatt not got that excuse, the standard at this level is woeful, set your team up to play at high tempo and on the front foot and you beat most teams in this league, seems Evatts bottles gone to me, sets up not to lose and it shows. 

I didn't see that first half, we got the ball to Doyle more in half an hour than we did in a couple of games combined, had 10 efforts on goal, 4 on target. What was concerning was that we didn't pick the thread up after half time and lost the initiative too easily, just because they tweaked their shape a bit.