Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (H)

globaldiver

• Members
11 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

It is, unless you apply even a moment of analysis to what we actually did with that possession. 

Did we dominate more than Cheltenham?

Did we create more chances?

did we defend well when they had the ball? 

Did we press to get the ball back?

Did we press in the right areas?

Did we win the second balls? 
Yeah we did. 

We didn’t get ripped apart because we didn’t let them.

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Did we dominate more than Cheltenham?

Did we create more chances?

did we defend well when they had the ball? 

Did we press to get the ball back?

Did we press in the right areas?

Did we win the second balls? 
Yeah we did. 

We didn’t get ripped apart because we didn’t let them.

Wow

16 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Last 15 minutes of the 1st half we were very good without popping the ball in the onion bag, before and after that we were distinctly average, the worse thing is Cheltenham were shite!

C’mon the first half was good. We played well and we were very unlucky not to be ahead at half time.

When your confidence is fragile you need to score, especially when you’re on top and we didn’t.

Had we done, I have no doubt that we would have gone on to win the game.

You are right though Cheltenham were fucking rubbish and they are in the play-off places currently.

This division is awful. 

The biggest problem is the weak mentality. We have no leaders or talkers.

You cannot teach that.

Edited by captainmed

• Members
3 minutes ago, captainmed said:

C’mon the first half was good. We played well and we were very unlucky not to be ahead at half time.

When your confidence is fragile you need to score, especially when you’re on top and we didn’t.

Had we done, I have no doubt that we would have gone on to win the game.

You are right though Cheltenham were fucking rubbish and they are in the play-off places currently.

This division is awful. 

The biggest problem is the weak mentality. We have no leaders or talkers.

You cannot teach that.

Lee looks a leader, and a good pro. Different story when he went off. 

9 minutes ago, Ray said:

We need a decent centre half cos delaney is shite 

That marking at the corner . Regardless of how the corner was conceded you cannot stand ball watching like that . These moments change the whole course of matches and we went from being pretty much in control to then trying to break down an 11 man defence . 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

A bit of perspective 

Lee going off changed a lot of things

Doyle needs to be more clinical, we didn’t look like conceding.

The last two games we’ve conceded from individual errors. 

Two new lads in today and we were the better team. A couple of more bodies in and we’ll be different in the run up to the end of the season. 

We aren’t that far off. 

Lee is quality but he wasn't exactly having a stormer, he was ticking along, not dominating, I thought Tutte was an improvement, played with more urgency and accuracy.  Individual errors or not, we cant say scoring 1 goal each for Cheltenham and Exeter flattered them, they each had plenty of half chances, 1 goal against reflected our performance.  I never thought we were better overall, had a purple patch for 15 minutes 1st half and some occasional dominance 2nd half, they had more controlled possession than us and even when 1 up had more attacks and corners than us.  We are a long way off currently but today was a step in the right direction for home games - at long last 4 at the back, a real left back, an alternative to Tutte, a chance for Arthur and the first goal-that-meant-anything since November.

2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

That's another shit youth who shouldn't be in a football league team, Politic and Darcy being two others.

I'm struggling to think of a post I've disagreed with more this season.  But each to their own, I'd personally have all 3 as starters in this league, Politic in the Sarce position and Darcy instead of Thomasson or Isgrove.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm struggling to think of a post I've disagreed with more this season.  But each to their own, I'd personally have all 3 as starters in this league, Politic in the Sarce position and Darcy instead of Thomasson or Isgrove.

It’s a wiggin dirty munich twat troll account. Ignore is the way forward

My old man has watched the Wanderers since March 25 1953 (PNE at home I’m told first game) anyway he’s said he’s never felt as discouraged with recent  home performances. The worst run of results in all that time! Cheltenham 1-1 Crawley 0-1 Tranmere 0-3 and Port Vale 3-6. 

How long before FV realise that IE isn’t the man the take this great club forward?

Edited by Piemon

20 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Forget the 65 percent bollocks it means nothing . Evatt’s actually words are we completely dominated the game . The truth is we didn’t 

8 wins from 28 competitive matches is a win rate of 28.6%, most managers walk with those stats but I keep being told it is a long term  project and this is all work in hand. Just hope patience and funds don't run out.

Possession doesn't win matches, sticking it in the back of the net usually does the trick

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Piemon said:

My old man has watched the Wanderers since March 25 1953 (PNE at home I’m told first game) anyway he’s said he’s never felt as discouraged with recent  home performances. The worst run of results in all that time! Cheltenham 1-1 Crawley 0-1 Tranmere 0-3 and Port Vale 3-6. 

How long before FV realise that IE isn’t the man the take this great club forward?

They’ve just given the go ahead for 4 new signings so won’t be any time soon