Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (H)

globaldiver

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

If he’d of played reasonably well last 5 games he’d not of been sat on the bench, can’t complain Evatt has dropped him his recent performances been terrible. 

He suddenly became Bone Idle for some reason , perhaps frustration at a lack of service I don't know . But you can't afford to have a striker stood on one spot waiting for the ball to come to him .

3 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Doyle is the least of our problems 

I don't really disagree, but just get left feeling underwhelmed by him. He was our marquee signing, and as such, has not produced enough, in my opinion. And also grates that he seems tobeyond reproach by some, including Evatt!

1 minute ago, JimmyRiddle said:

I don't really disagree, but just get left feeling underwhelmed by him. He was our marquee signing, and as such, has not produced enough, in my opinion. And also grates that he seems tobeyond reproach by some, including Evatt!

I'm on board with this. He's been good, but I expected more. 

Can’t have that much dominance first half and not score.

still a few times where we should be shooting and don’t.

sarc goes missing again for first 20 of second half.

arthur on again and rescues a point.

would have been a travesty not to get something.

getting punished for missed chances and we aren’t taking enough chances.

jackson looked decent

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If he’d of played reasonably well last 5 games he’d not of been sat on the bench, can’t complain Evatt has dropped him his recent performances been terrible. 

Though named in the subs today, he wasnt on the bench

Back injury

7 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Feel like I'm in The Twilight Zone or summat, we've a striker scoring a goal every other game and folk want him dropped.

The mind fucking boggles.

Nobody half sensible thinks Doyle should be dropped. We don't have an alternative

1 hour ago, Kane57 said:

It's not that I don't rate him, he had some great moments last season but they were just that, moments. He's never taken a single game by the scruff of the neck and dominated. 

We're too desperate to risk our arses on a 'maybe' like Darcy. 

So which Bolton player do you think has taken games by the “scruff of the neck” in the last 12 months?

Cannot believe the bollocks spouted on here...Darcy is as good as anything in our midfield maybe Lee is a class above him and Tutte does a job Darcy cannot do.

Anyone who is having a go at Doyle needs to give there head a shake or go shopping Saturday afternoon with there wifes ffs

8 hours ago, Cheese said:

I couldn't bring myself to sit through iFollow yesterday.  Based on that ^ we've battered the 6th placed side (a team we've already beaten) and on another day the game would be over by half time.

We're not far off.

Keep the faith.

Alot of people on here say this division is shite but I think we underestimated how good it is. Some decent tidy football played by most of the teams. No world beating players but some good ones.

Until we have eleven above average players for this division we are going nowhere.

At the moment we have 5 players who are better than most in this division and one of those is Jackson.

Most of the players just aren't good enough that's why we are so inconsistent.

4 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Watching the highlights you can’t believe we only drew.

isgrove got all the crosses in for the chances first half.

we should be dealing with a header that far out for their goal.

Agree, the header should have been dealt with. Santos was busy wrestling with their other centre half.

Isgrove had his best game yet IMO.