Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (H)

globaldiver

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, TroySwoosh said:

Easy target because he looks awkward in his movements

Doesn't 'look' the part initially does he?

Doesn't appear athletic, but then he will put a foot in, make a quick body swerve, and play an accurate pass as calmly and effortlessly as anyone. When he makes it look so easy, it's easy for us fans to take it for granted and not realise what he might have just done.

Fine technique.

Could see someone possibly coming in for him maybe season end, and perhaps a loan back. 

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Doesn't 'look' the part initially does he?

Doesn't appear athletic, but then he will put a foot in, make a quick body swerve, and play an accurate pass as calmly and effortlessly as anyone. When he makes it look so easy, it's easy for us fans to take it for granted and not realise what he might have just done.

Fine technique.

Could see someone possibly coming in for him maybe season end, and perhaps a loan back. 

I think he's surprised us in that he looks like an EFL player, when we all expected him to look non league standard (like many of the new signings).  My opinion is he's a league two player, possibly league one in future, but no higher.  I don't see us losing him to a big bid any time soon, he's not stand out like maybe a Politic on a good day.  I would have thought he'd need more strength and/or pace to go higher, sometimes when back tracking the opposition players bypass him easily with their greater speed or physique (same criticism often aimed at Darcy).  

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I think he's surprised us in that he looks like an EFL player, when we all expected him to look non league standard (like many of the new signings).  My opinion is he's a league two player, possibly league one in future, but no higher.  I don't see us losing him to a big bid any time soon, he's not stand out like maybe a Politic on a good day.  I would have thought he'd need more strength and/or pace to go higher, sometimes when back tracking the opposition players bypass him easily with their greater speed or physique (same criticism often aimed at Darcy).  

Here we go again. Lad's played a handful of games and in some aspects looks a cut above what we've got.

But already no better than league one at best.

He's a teenager, with plenty of time to develop, physically, mentally and technically. 

As it happens and league one standard youngster is more than welcome at the moment. 

45 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Here we go again. Lad's played a handful of games and in some aspects looks a cut above what we've got.

But already no better than league one at best.

He's a teenager, with plenty of time to develop, physically, mentally and technically. 

As it happens and league one standard youngster is more than welcome at the moment. 

I find it bizarre that offering a considered, balanced opinion on a player based on seeing him a few times is seen as out of order.   What happened to opinion and discussion.  And yes, a league one standard youngster is more than welcome for the next few years, I wasn't aware I'd said otherwise.

• The topic was unpinned