Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feel like I'm in The Twilight Zone or summat, we've a striker scoring a goal every other game and folk want him dropped. The mind fucking boggles.

Here we go again. Lad's played a handful of games and in some aspects looks a cut above what we've got. But already no better than league one at best. He's a teenager, with plenty of time to

I'm surprised Thomason is getting criticism. His emergence has to be one of the few successes this season. Playing 9th tier football in October FFS. Not afraid to get stuck in, looks to play it f

38 minutes ago, Piemon said:

My old man has watched the Wanderers since March 25 1953 (PNE at home I’m told first game) anyway he’s said he’s never felt as discouraged with recent  home performances. The worst run of results in all that time! Cheltenham 1-1 Crawley 0-1 Tranmere 0-3 and Port Vale 3-6. 
 

How long before FV realise that IE isn’t the man the take this great club forward?

 

Bet at 3 nil up in the cup final he thought it was easy sailing being a Bolton fan before the wheels came off 😢
Hopefully like the rest of us he will see us on the up at some point 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Frustrating today, but I thought we should have been at least 2 up at half time and almost out of sight.  

Reading this thread, amazed at how many are throwing in the towel on the season.  I'll stick my neck out and take the contrary view.

Evatt is a decent manager and here for some time.  He has lots to learn but I think he has the same energy, drive and determination (bloody mindedness) as Allardyce. I think he will sort it out.

We will go up this year probably without the need of the playoffs.  Need to turn draws into wins but I think we will get stronger and better as the season goes on and will finish at least 3rd.  Another 23 games to play for.

Just checked the front door no men in white coats coming for me.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ray said:

Yes our marking on set pieces and corners have been a shambles all seaon

Despite my above post to offer some balance there’s some clear areas for improvement and this is one of them.

Another one is Delaney. He was better today, but losing his man so easy was non-league at best

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Underpants said:

Seriously does anyone think we will make the playoffs? We are an average team in this league, and it's a shit league, at best.

Depends if he gets the right 2 players he’s on about signing, if we do we can reach play offs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Depends if he gets the right 2 players he’s on about signing, if we do we can reach play offs. 

Come on, Mounts. Phoenix might have thrown a spanner in the works but IE has been building a squad with the "right" players since day 1. If average is what IE is looking for then he has indeed got the right players.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Contrary to some on here I thought Cheltenham were decent hardworking & organised they seemed to have more players on the pitch at times.

Plus they had the little annoying twat that most teams in this league seem to have playing up top.

Add to that ours is a decent pitch to play on unlike the usual shitheaps they are used to week in & week out , it gives them a bit of a lift.

Whenever we attacked even at our ‘quickest’ they had men behind the ball.

Anyway it was the best home 45 minutes that we have played , mixture of bad luck good goalkeeping & bad final pass meant 0-0 at HT.

Their goal as bad as it was came against the run of play.We definitely lost our way after that even the belated entrance of Arthur failed to galvanise the team & Isgrove switching didn’t work.

At the end of the day the tenacity of Arthur saved the day , why he wasn’t starting baffles me after Tues nights effort.

Young  left fullback gave us some balance but the other loanee guy shouldn’t have started ahead of Arthur.

Can’t figure Evatt out , he is a contrary individual.Then again a lot of managers are.

We need a result next week to get some momentum.

Edited by Take Hunt Off
Shit grammar
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Come on, Mounts. Phoenix might have thrown a spanner in the works but IE has been building a squad with the "right" players since day 1. If average is what IE is looking for then he has indeed got the right players.

I just think we’ve been unbalanced virtually all season, add to that bad keeper and no one holding the ball up top and a formation that doesn’t suit the players and that’s why we are where we are, couple of decent signings and tweeks here and there and it won’t take much to shoot into the play offs. The next 2 signings are massive for us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Anyone else think the pitch was a bit threadbare in places?

Plenty of players slipping too, seemed very wet.

Yes, noticed that, think a lot have suffered though with this weather, Blackburn's looked like a farm field on Soccer Saturday

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I just think we’ve been unbalanced virtually all season, add to that bad keeper and no one holding the ball up top and a formation that doesn’t suit the players and that’s why we are where we are, couple of decent signings and tweeks here and there and it won’t take much to shoot into the play offs. The next 2 signings are massive for us. 

Where I am really, this season has a sort of whiff of that one with Freedman when we were bumping along in relegation zone at end of Jan, Dawson and Juke sorted two big problem areas and we were in for play offs by May. We could still do that but we definitely do have to get that physical, hold up player to work close to Doyle though. Evatt's wasted half a season thinking he could tiki taka out of this Division, which is just not on

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

I don’t think we have seen any were enough of darcy to see how he would fair in league 2 . 
Is energy in midfield would be a bonus compared to sarc drifting in and out of the game 

What we know we don't need is a vanilla midget who is as weak ac a kitten. Darcy would be overwhelmed in this division. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Bet at 3 nil up in the cup final he thought it was easy sailing being a Bolton fan before the wheels came off 😢
Hopefully like the rest of us he will see us on the up at some point 

Was it 3-0, or 3-1?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

What we know we don't need is a vanilla midget who is as weak ac a kitten. Darcy would be overwhelmed in this division. 

Obviously you don't rate Darcy, but he would have no problem in this division, I am pretty sure if he the lad had been given as many chances as Crawford & Sarcevic he would have had a better impact on games and results and would have performed better than those 2, taking in to account on games played so far, that doesn't take much considering they have both been shite at best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Obviously you don't rate Darcy, but he would have no problem in this division, I am pretty sure if he the lad had been given as many chances as Crawford & Sarcevic he would have had a better impact on games and results and would have performed better than those 2, taking in to account on games played so far, that doesn't take much considering they have both been shite at best.

I agree, certainly on Crawford. Robbing a living that mon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

I listened to todays game on Bolton FM. Was sure they kept mentioning Helpless Eddy, turns out it was that new lad from Lincoln.

Not easy for a new lad to come in to a new set-up at any level, he kept his position and gave us some width, thats all really, maybe he would have been better on the bench, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I'm not excusing the lads performance, it was okay at best, just trying to put some perspective on the situation, if anybody was at fault, it was IE selecting him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Can only think IE doesn’t rate darcy or something has happened behind the scenes the lad certainly did ok in L1

I feel for the lad, I bet he is sat there today thinking wtf! 🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites

The key to getting up this league for me is to sort out the Sarcevic issue . While being no better or worse than others so far this season  for whatever reason we clearly are getting nowhere near the best from the lad.

There seems to be no logic to having him sitting so deep when he was brought in for his attacking abilities , and he's now starting to cut a frustrated figure who looks good when we have our tails up but for the majority of the time he's too deep to be helping the attacks .

I'm not sure what the full problem is , whether it's a formation unsuited to him , carrying excess weight or basically being played out of position . I was buzzing when we signed him and I hope we find a way of getting the best out of him but at the minute he's achieving no more or no less than the other midfielders and from one of our marquee signings i think we need to start seeing the lad who was tearing up the league last season . 

Edited by dusan nikolic
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Not easy for a new lad to come in to a new set-up at any level, he kept his position and gave us some width, thats all really, maybe he would have been better on the bench, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I'm not excusing the lads performance, it was okay at best, just trying to put some perspective on the situation, if anybody was at fault, it was IE selecting him.

I wasn't being nasty, I genuinely thought he was saying Helpless Eddy in his Scottish accent, only when I checked the team I realised who he was on about

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alf Hartigan said:

I wasn't being nasty, I genuinely thought he was saying Helpless Eddy in his Scottish accent, only when I checked the team I realised who he was on about

Aye I know wee fella 😅

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DazBob said:

Thought Brockbank did ok.

Crawford was, as usual, absolutely dreadful.

 

I think you must have wrote that before you watched him play.  Did nothing wrong and the only time there is any quality delivery from dead balls is if he's playing.  Just because our centre halves clear it for the opposition doesn't make it a bad ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Casino unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.