Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

My Dog is a Dick Head

Dr Faustus

1 minute ago, Dimron said:

Don't wait, get on with it please

https://www.dorisbanhamdogrescue.org/wp/

There are too many dogs waiting for a home, we foster from time to time and do what we can for this charity who will never euthanise a healthy dog.

I paid £1 for my (pedigree) critter, I cannot support breeders and designer dogs while there is such a backlog and its going to get worse post covid.

They charities can’t do home checks mate due to covid restrictions. Maybe that just up here but suspect it may be uk wide? 

I had found a perfect dog but sadly because of covid we couldn’t get it. Looking like it’s going to be 3/4 months before I will get the opportunity sadly 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Yep Buddy the little bastard. 

Have you met the old fella, has a limp and a retriever called buddy.

And another one; big, grey curly hair, great temperament and a chest like Schwarzenegger.

There's a golden lab too.

Loads of em.

2 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I didn't know that, I'll phone the lady at the kennel in the morning to clarify. Looks like I could end up with a garden full of mutts if this is true as I am approved as a fosterer... can't wait!

Yep I submitted an application which was accepted and then is on hold due to not being able to do home checks. Like I say may be up here only. 

but the charity I looked amongst a few others at havent had any new dogs in for 6 weeks now which tells me they aren’t taking dogs form council pounds and we know what that means sadly 😭

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Escobarp said:

They charities can’t do home checks mate due to covid restrictions. Maybe that just up here but suspect it may be uk wide? 

I had found a perfect dog but sadly because of covid we couldn’t get it. Looking like it’s going to be 3/4 months before I will get the opportunity sadly 

Do you get to reserve them?

• Site Supporter

Brophy the labradoodle x wolfhound.. massive dog and soft as shit, 

You have to walk him on a short lead and keep him next to you it behind you NEVER infront, that's pack leader position and he pulls like crazy. I keep him roadside,  not the best way but he wants to sniff everywhere and cock his leg.. if he runs out if pee, he'll try to shit everywhere.  

Nearly every dog kicks off with him, hes scary as fook when he defends himself and at 40kg+ the other dogs owner are normally screaming,  despite their dog starting it.

Ted the cockerpoo is nuts,great on the lead.. only been off a few times unlike brophy who due to the aforementioned issue is lead only. Dads a champion working stock poodle, mums a champion working stock cocker.  Very clever and full of beans but loves to lie on people and get attention. 

Both very crate trained but the crates never closed now aside from if someones coming in the house that's scared of dogs. 

7 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Brophy the labradoodle x wolfhound.. massive dog and soft as shit, 

You have to walk him on a short lead and keep him next to you it behind you NEVER infront, that's pack leader position and he pulls like crazy. I keep him roadside,  not the best way but he wants to sniff everywhere and cock his leg.. if he runs out if pee, he'll try to shit everywhere.  

Nearly every dog kicks off with him, hes scary as fook when he defends himself and at 40kg+ the other dogs owner are normally screaming,  despite their dog starting it.

Ted the cockerpoo is nuts,great on the lead.. only been off a few times unlike brophy who due to the aforementioned issue is lead only. Dads a champion working stock poodle, mums a champion working stock cocker.  Very clever and full of beans but loves to lie on people and get attention. 

Both very crate trained but the crates never closed now aside from if someones coming in the house that's scared of dogs. 

would like to see a photo of Brophy if that is possible

Edited by crawshawbooth
spelt wrongly

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

we often walk with an Northern Inuit wolf dog that looks scary as fuck , but he is a pussy

trouble is all the ones with small dog syndrome , they have a go and then owners kick off about the big dog who is just minding his own 

This is what happens with Brophy every time, he's huge and can handle himself, but other dogs kick off with him, and inevitably.. he ends it.. quickly..

Had a woman screaming at me once that he would killer her chihuahua, said to her, "keep it on a lead then". 

1 minute ago, only1swanny said:

This is what happens with Brophy every time, he's huge and can handle himself, but other dogs kick off with him, and inevitably.. he ends it.. quickly..

Had a woman screaming at me once that he would killer her chihuahua, said to her, "keep it on a lead then". 

The wolf dog we walk with is exceptional , probably more intelligent than 40% of the people i have ever met

He reads every situation and micro reads everyone he meets , opens doors , fridges etc

but if he hasnt been allowed to greet you he will wait for hours until he sees that one chance to get to you , with a head like a lion he is scary as fuck

that said it is a privilege to know Luther and spend time with him 

Luther the wolf dog is an extraordinary animal

when you meet him his whole focus is to get at you, obviously thro training and family that dosent happen

if you have a new pup never let anybody greet them when they come to your house as it just pushes them up the pecking order

dogs are bottom of the list

On 15/01/2021 at 20:57, Dimron said:

Don't wait, get on with it please

https://www.dorisbanhamdogrescue.org/wp/

There are too many dogs waiting for a home, we foster from time to time and do what we can for this charity who will never euthanise a healthy dog.

I paid £1 for my (pedigree) critter, I cannot support breeders and designer dogs while there is such a backlog and its going to get worse post covid.

The Boxer x in there, Lucky.  9 years old and spent his life in a shed.  Heartbreaking.  I couldn't tire of kicking the feckers that did that to him.

Mine gets up whenever I make a move... I just went for a piss and he was waiting for me.

Flattering, annoying and worrying all at the same time, but we're best of pals, he's coming to work with me tomorrow for the ride out (We'll be back for Tranmere)