Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

My Dog is a Dick Head


Recommended Posts

Just now, Rudy said:

Saw a thing in Reddit last year that a huge rescue home in America was out of dogs they had al been rehomed. Loved that. 

Sad thing now is those in pounds won’t be being rescued to rehoming charities so these poor buggers won’t see the light of day again 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dogs like a Dalmatian need exercise, exercise and more exercise. What sort of lead are you using when walking? The best type is the single cord with the loop at the end, hold the grip in your lef

I've got a 13 yr old Manny Terrier and his eyes are going, he barks at wheelie bins on the pavement when they are left out at night... needs to go to spec-savers! Walks to heel really nicely all

Ours might chase a ball if youre lucky He might even bring it back, but no way is he letting you have it to chuck it away again Id forgotten birds, they are also on his bark list He was

  • Site Supporter
3 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

I know a patient who has a Shitz tzu that is probably 2 now that's never ever been on a walk. Only ever set foot in the garden and their house is covered in puppy pads because it pisses and shits everywhere. They can walk it. They just choose not too. 

Poor thing has no social skills and jumps all over me when I go in. Feel so sorry for it. 

Pick the poor thing up and take it away with you. They'll soon get up if they want it. Cunts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

More than pubs opening I can’t wait til this is all over so I can rehome a rescue dog as I’ve said before . It’s genuinely the bit that’s missing from my life and the day can’t come quick enough

madness that dogs are sat in pounds because nobody can rehome. Wonder how many poor dogs have been put to sleep because of it 😔

Don't wait, get on with it please

https://www.dorisbanhamdogrescue.org/wp/

There are too many dogs waiting for a home, we foster from time to time and do what we can for this charity who will never euthanise a healthy dog.

I paid £1 for my (pedigree) critter, I cannot support breeders and designer dogs while there is such a backlog and its going to get worse post covid.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dimron said:

Don't wait, get on with it please

https://www.dorisbanhamdogrescue.org/wp/

There are too many dogs waiting for a home, we foster from time to time and do what we can for this charity who will never euthanise a healthy dog.

I paid £1 for my (pedigree) critter, I cannot support breeders and designer dogs while there is such a backlog and its going to get worse post covid.

 

 

They charities can’t do home checks mate due to covid restrictions. Maybe that just up here but suspect it may be uk wide? 
 

I had found a perfect dog but sadly because of covid we couldn’t get it. Looking like it’s going to be 3/4 months before I will get the opportunity sadly 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Yep Buddy the little bastard. 

Have you met the old fella, has a limp and a retriever called buddy.

And another one; big, grey curly hair, great temperament and a chest like Schwarzenegger.

There's a golden lab too.

Loads of em.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't know that, I'll phone the lady at the kennel in the morning to clarify. Looks like I could end up with a garden full of mutts if this is true as I am approved as a fosterer... can't wait!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I didn't know that, I'll phone the lady at the kennel in the morning to clarify. Looks like I could end up with a garden full of mutts if this is true as I am approved as a fosterer... can't wait!

Yep I submitted an application which was accepted and then is on hold due to not being able to do home checks. Like I say may be up here only. 
 

but the charity I looked amongst a few others at havent had any new dogs in for 6 weeks now which tells me they aren’t taking dogs form council pounds and we know what that means sadly 😭

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Escobarp said:

They charities can’t do home checks mate due to covid restrictions. Maybe that just up here but suspect it may be uk wide? 
 

I had found a perfect dog but sadly because of covid we couldn’t get it. Looking like it’s going to be 3/4 months before I will get the opportunity sadly 

Do you get to reserve them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Brophy the labradoodle x wolfhound.. massive dog and soft as shit, 

You have to walk him on a short lead and keep him next to you it behind you NEVER infront, that's pack leader position and he pulls like crazy. I keep him roadside,  not the best way but he wants to sniff everywhere and cock his leg.. if he runs out if pee, he'll try to shit everywhere.  

Nearly every dog kicks off with him, hes scary as fook when he defends himself and at 40kg+ the other dogs owner are normally screaming,  despite their dog starting it.

Ted the cockerpoo is nuts,great on the lead.. only been off a few times unlike brophy who due to the aforementioned issue is lead only. Dads a champion working stock poodle, mums a champion working stock cocker.  Very clever and full of beans but loves to lie on people and get attention. 

Both very crate trained but the crates never closed now aside from if someones coming in the house that's scared of dogs. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Brophy the labradoodle x wolfhound.. massive dog and soft as shit, 

You have to walk him on a short lead and keep him next to you it behind you NEVER infront, that's pack leader position and he pulls like crazy. I keep him roadside,  not the best way but he wants to sniff everywhere and cock his leg.. if he runs out if pee, he'll try to shit everywhere.  

Nearly every dog kicks off with him, hes scary as fook when he defends himself and at 40kg+ the other dogs owner are normally screaming,  despite their dog starting it.

Ted the cockerpoo is nuts,great on the lead.. only been off a few times unlike brophy who due to the aforementioned issue is lead only. Dads a champion working stock poodle, mums a champion working stock cocker.  Very clever and full of beans but loves to lie on people and get attention. 

Both very crate trained but the crates never closed now aside from if someones coming in the house that's scared of dogs. 

 

would like to see a photo of Brophy if that is possible

Edited by crawshawbooth
spelt wrongly
Link to post
Share on other sites

we often walk with an Northern Inuit wolf dog that looks scary as fuck , but he is a pussy

trouble is all the ones with small dog syndrome , they have a go and then owners kick off about the big dog who is just minding his own 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

we often walk with an Northern Inuit wolf dog that looks scary as fuck , but he is a pussy

trouble is all the ones with small dog syndrome , they have a go and then owners kick off about the big dog who is just minding his own 

This is what happens with Brophy every time, he's huge and can handle himself, but other dogs kick off with him, and inevitably.. he ends it.. quickly..

Had a woman screaming at me once that he would killer her chihuahua, said to her, "keep it on a lead then". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, only1swanny said:

This is what happens with Brophy every time, he's huge and can handle himself, but other dogs kick off with him, and inevitably.. he ends it.. quickly..

Had a woman screaming at me once that he would killer her chihuahua, said to her, "keep it on a lead then". 

The wolf dog we walk with is exceptional , probably more intelligent than 40% of the people i have ever met

He reads every situation and micro reads everyone he meets , opens doors , fridges etc

but if he hasnt been allowed to greet you he will wait for hours until he sees that one chance to get to you , with a head like a lion he is scary as fuck

that said it is a privilege to know Luther and spend time with him 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Luther the wolf dog is an extraordinary animal

when you meet him his whole focus is to get at you, obviously thro training and family that dosent happen

if you have a new pup never let anybody greet them when they come to your house as it just pushes them up the pecking order

dogs are bottom of the list

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.