Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cats - we love em . Elite posters obviously

embankment

I don't think I have ever not had a cat or cats . 

Ideal family pets . And contrary to popular thoughts they are loyal.

At the moment we have

Ozzy ( Osborne) and Freddy (Mercury). Both now around 7ys . They are rescue cats, came to me after a shit start in life. They are funny , intelligent and calming.

Who else has a moggy ?

( note to anyone in Westhoughton, we are talking cats not mice ).

Cats are ace, I've had them all my life.  JFTR dogs are ace too and I've had them all my life too.

Best thing about cats is their independence and, unlike when you have a dog, you don't have the guilt if you have to work late knowing they're sat at home miserable without you.

The anti-cat brigade usually have never had one and see only what the cat is like outdoors where it comes across as shifty ... which they are to a certain extent and that's how they survive in the outside world.  Once in the house they're a completely different animal, especially if you treat them as a pet rather than just an animal that you have to feed.  Like dog, they all have different personalities.

As mentioned on another thread, when I had one that was poisoned with antifreeze it absolutely broke my heart.  Especially as she was so young, had a hard start to life and was such a sweet natured, quiet little thing.  As a kid I also had a cat we all loved that was rat poisoned by next door but one - could never prove it be we all know the evil old cunt did it.

Animals, especially cats and dogs, are as much part of the family as anyone else.

Off topic - neighbours once put rat poison tainted meat in my back garden. ( Dog ate it).  Cats had more sense.

Result - Front door bust open. Meat stuffed into husbands mouth. 20mins later police in my front room , heavy squad. Me sat in my best shirt and pants ( proper family scene). Luckily one was a dog handler. Showed him more of the meat in the garden. 10 mind later I was handing over £25 for a new door catch .

Next morning I erected the Berlin Wall. Bloody eyesore but it stopped up for 3years.

39 minutes ago, embankment said:

I don't think I have ever not had a cat or cats . 

Ideal family pets . And contrary to popular thoughts they are loyal.

At the moment we have

Ozzy ( Osborne) and Freddy (Mercury). Both now around 7ys . They are rescue cats, came to me after a shit start in life. They are funny , intelligent and calming.

Who else has a moggy ?

( note to anyone in Westhoughton, we are talking cats not mice ).

Good tatse in music, good taste in pets.

Ours is called Midnight, lost its leg trying to fight a fox, which there are loads round here. Size of a large kitten but tries to fight anything that comes into her garden.

Falls asleep on my belly each night, then moves down to sleep down by my feet, at 6am comes and curls up between me and the mrs. Sleeps all day next to me while I work at home.

she's fab and grumpy as fuck. Her son fucked off when we moved house and has been adopted by the whole street. Comes for food at 9am everyday an then don't see hi again. Saw him oce a coupe of miles away from home - looks like he's got a pretty big patch. She hates him.

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Polari - oooh oooh ooh ooh....polari...oooh oooh oh oh

I think Embankment and Miami might have a slight issue with inferring cat ownership is gay.

Also, did you know how many words we use in common parlace that's from polari?

Yews you old dilly boy!

Anyway don't shoot the messenger! 😁

Two at ours at the minute, one is a rescue and the other is a stray or had been abandoned or neglected for whatever reason, it was in a right state when it decided to let us sort it out.

Wife has always had rescues or strays while I've been with her, the current ones are easy going and no bother.

She'd love another, might even consider it because she's struggling a bit at the minute.

1 hour ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Two at ours at the minute, one is a rescue and the other is a stray or had been abandoned or neglected for whatever reason, it was in a right state when it decided to let us sort it out.

Wife has always had rescues or strays while I've been with her, the current ones are easy going and no bother.

She'd love another, might even consider it because she's struggling a bit at the minute.

Get her one, I mean it's not like looking after a needy dog, it's a grown up's pet is a cat.

Got a black cat called Barney (darts world champs was on when we got him)

Paid 50 quid for him as a kitten from Cats Protection. Love him to bits. As somebody said he's funny as fuck, affectionate, clean and well behaved. He often comes in through the upstairs window and has done for ages. Jumps on the bins, onto the fence, up to the extension roof and then just sits and waits on the windowsill. Love the mad places you find them sleeping in the house too.

3 at the minute, all related. 

Chinese George (tabby with a cross on his back, questionable eye sight) 

Axl (the ginger) 

And Socks. 

All pretty chilled, don't like the dog though. Socks and George put their head forward when offering to fist bump. A lot more socialable since the eldest moved out. 

Previously had Kevin Davies, but she disappeared 

Was I wrong to fall for a cheating cat? - BBC News

Cats are fucking great - so independent once you've taught them to shit in your neighbours gardens..... 😁

Once had 3 at one stage, all hand mi downs. Loved em to bits. Was amazing how they have such different personalities.....

I was surprised how loving they can be....

I'm gonna get another once I've moved......

I like dogs as well, but they need too much attention. I couldn't pick up their shit!!

6 minutes ago, jeep said:

Was I wrong to fall for a cheating cat? - BBC News

Cats are fucking great - so independent once you've taught them to shit in your neighbours gardens..... 😁

Once had 3 at one stage, all hand mi downs. Loved em to bits. Was amazing how they have such different personalities.....

I was surprised how loving they can be....

I'm gonna get another once I've moved......

I like dogs as well, but they need too much attention. I couldn't pick up their shit!!

Woah- you cannot drop that on me .

Mind you hopefully we won't get another old grumpy bugger.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, kent_white said:

Can I just shock you? I like cats. Despite what I said just earlier. At any one time, I have nine cats in my house.

I do like them too. Used to look after my gran's as a kid when they went away.

Neighbour has(d) 2, until a few months back- one never came home one night.

Both brothers have/had them. 

Wouldn't have one myself though.

I know cats annoy a lot of people by crapping in their gardens . And I totally agree.

But if given a chance and provided with a litter tray they will use it.

Ours , can spend all day in the garden but come in for a crazy.. They also cover it up.

Now that can be annoying, sometimes they take ages making sure its all covered up.