Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Our Goalkeeper Situation


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evatt wants to play nice football Loads of you wanted nice football I'm a results first fella and he even has my backing so you fancy dans really need to give him 2 years

We began the season on a hope & a prayer with Crellin. God knows what he'll develop into but he's no use as first choice at present. It was a mistake. Many, many goals were shipped due to his pres

I'm happy with Gilks, but at his age , fit as he is, if he gets a knock we'd be bollocked without a reliable alternative.  I'd sooner get someone in and have Gilks  as a spare.

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Didn’t check but sure I heard commentators say he was, must of misheard them. 

Website says no keeper on the bench. Must be injured or got covid 🤷🏻‍♀️

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Gilks has to take a lot of credit for our turnaround. Seems like he’s taken responsibility for the Crellin situation and put himself well and truly in the firing line. To go from a position of thinking retirement is round the corner, you’ll probably never play professional football again, to trying to save our season, is outstanding. Both as a player and a coach he’s had such a positive impact.

Edited by desperado
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, desperado said:

Gilks has to take a lot of credit for our turnaround. Seems like he’s taken responsibility for the Crellin situation and put himself well and truly in the firing line. To go from a position of thinking retirement is round the corner, you’ll probably never play professional football again, to trying to save our season, is outstanding. Both as a player and a coach he’s had such a positive impact.

Agree completely desp, people give our new signings all the plaudits, which is deserved but Gilks has been an enormous presence and is a major reason we’ve done so well. Let’s just hope he stays fit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Agree completely desp, people give our new signings all the plaudits, which is deserved but Gilks has been an enormous presence and is a major reason we’ve done so well. Let’s just hope he stays fit.

Very easy to forget just how much of a short term measure it seemed at the time and waiting for an inevitable mistake that never really materialised. Can’t underestimate how much of an effect Gilks has had on building the confidence of Baptiste and Santos as a partnership. 

Edited by Leyther_Matt
Stop typing when sat on the bog
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Very easy to forget just how much of a short term measure it seemed at the time and waiting for an inevitable mistake that never really materialised. Can’t understand how much of an effect Gilks has had on building the confidence of Baptiste and Santos as a partnership. 

I only recall him making two mistakes since he’s been in but the difference he’s made to Baptiste & Santos is incredible. He’s the loudest man on the pitch by far

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I only recall him making two mistakes since he’s been in but the difference he’s made to Baptiste & Santos is incredible. He’s the loudest man on the pitch by far

I did mean to type 'underestimate' rather than 'understand' but I'm glad that you knew what I meant!

Always likely to get a mistake or two from a goalkeeper over the course of the season at any level but as a percentage it must be a fraction of Crellin.

Regardless of what division we're in next season, it'll be interesting to see what happens over the summer in terms of the goalkeeper situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I did mean to type 'underestimate' rather than 'understand' but I'm glad that you knew what I meant!

Always likely to get a mistake or two from a goalkeeper over the course of the season at any level but as a percentage it must be a fraction of Crellin.

Regardless of what division we're in next season, it'll be interesting to see what happens over the summer in terms of the goalkeeper situation.

It’ll be a no.1 priority in summer, whether we sign Jensen or look elsewhere 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

It’ll be a no.1 priority in summer, whether we sign Jensen or look elsewhere 

If Jensen was to be such a big part of the plan then I'd have thought we'd have seen a lot more of him by now.

I'd hope we learn our lesson and don't go down the unproven youngster route. Will be plenty of experienced keepers without a club.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

If Jensen was to be such a big part of the plan then I'd have thought we'd have seen a lot more of him by now.

I'd hope we learn our lesson and don't go down the unproven youngster route. Will be plenty of experienced keepers without a club.

Gilks record since coming in must make it quite hard to drop him 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Depends whether he thinks he's capable of another year given he turns 39 in the summer.

Oh I don’t think he’ll do another season as a player, just think the run we went on it would have been hard to drop him regardless of how good Jensen is

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rudy said:

Oh I don’t think he’ll do another season as a player, just think the run we went on it would have been hard to drop him regardless of how good Jensen is

Not sure Rudy the way he’s talking. He looks pretty fit to me and seems to be agile enough to continue next year if he wants to. If we sign a good back up keeper then I’d be more than happy for him to continue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Not sure Rudy the way he’s talking. He looks pretty fit to me and seems to be agile enough to continue next year if he wants to. If we sign a good back up keeper then I’d be more than happy for him to continue.

I think it’s more to do whether he’ll be good enough for the next league. Different animal league 1

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.