Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Zach clough

Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

I like Clough and would usually be delighted if we could get him back but it's not the right time just now, we have 1 or 2 who are similar. Let him have a short term deal somewhere and see where his fitness and performance levels are in summer then make a decision if he's available.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I like Clough and would usually be delighted if we could get him back but it's not the right time just now, we have 1 or 2 who are similar. Let him have a short term deal somewhere and see where his fitness and performance levels are in summer then make a decision if he's available.

I’ve previously not been a massive fan of Clough when he returned for the second spell. He didn’t seem as sharp; as hungry.

But he sure as hell wouldn’t be behind anyone currently playing an attacking role at our club.

• Site Supporter
Just now, MickyD said:

I’ve previously not been a massive fan of Clough when he returned for the second spell. He didn’t seem as sharp; as hungry.

But he sure as hell wouldn’t be behind anyone currently playing an attacking role at our club.

Not saying he would - but would he greatly improve on Crawford or Lincoln lad (didn't do much on Saturday but give him chance). 

If we only have 1 space available and i have no idea if that's the case, i'd rather fill it with someone who is a different type to what we currently have

41 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Not saying he would - but would he greatly improve on Crawford or Lincoln lad (didn't do much on Saturday but give him chance). 

If we only have 1 space available and i have no idea if that's the case, i'd rather fill it with someone who is a different type to what we currently have

He'd be an alternative to Doyle as a striker or Sarcevic as the most attacking of the midfielders/'in the hole'.  I'd see him competing with Arthur and Fonz to get a very occasional start or 20 minutes off the bench.  I think it would become another Darcy situation where when we play badly we all debate if Clough should have been brought on, I could be wrong but wouldn't expect IE to find a regular place for him while we have Doyle/Sarce.

26 minutes ago, Carlos said:

When was the last time he played a game? Would take until March to get sharp.

From my source he wasn't even making the stiffs at Forest but if we can get him at the right price what harm can it do? Can't see him being put to shame by the current squad and it might do him (and us) some good.

• Moderators

It means you have to spend time and resources getting him fit, basically. Would that money, given we are on a shoestring, be better spent on the actual first team squad in this window? Also, to what end? We aren't making the play-offs, especially with someone who hasn't kicked a ball in anger this season. The only person who would benefit a move would be Zach himself, as without playing this season he may well have to hang the boots up.

3 hours ago, mikepearson said:

Looks like Wigan have got him, can't understand this one. 

Makes no sense whatsoever. Wigan have signed one or two recently yet they clearly are borasic.

Anyway, as soon as they're not paying their waves they can all feck off for free.

Him joining them upsets me more than us not going for him. He'll be months of match fit.

• Site Supporter

Only got to look at Declan John and Kieran Lee, he’ll have niggling injuries through lack of conditioning for the rest of this season.

I hope he gets up to speed by the end of the season on a personal level, just hope the team lose. That way, he can move to a real club in summer - not necessarily saying us, just not a toy town club

I liked Zach

He was never as good as some folk made out, but he was a bright hope in dark times (we didn't know it would get darker!) and he didn't shit on us or anything.

Not sure why it's not worked out for him since leaving us but I don't see any reason not to wish him well.

The lad must be desperate for a game and to rekindle his career; can't blame him for going to any club, and anyone who's upset with him for going to Wigan is crackers.

Perfect scenario - he does well, secures another club in the summer and they still go down

Perfect scenario  -  he takes them for thousands in wages, money that is the final straw in tipping them over the edge, - regains his fitness without ever actually getting onto the pitch for them - joins us in the summer all revitalised while wiggin go tits up never to be seen again.

My lad who comes game with me but rarely mentions BWFC other than matchday just ran downstairs shouting nooooo, was a bit worried at first as he came crashing through the living room, door I said what’s up, he said Clough signed for Wigan, I said I know, he said you could of told me. 😂