Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tranmere A

DomRepWanderer

It's all well and good him saying these things in interviews but i've seen nothing on the pitch to suggest what he says is playing out on the field.

He can say that our last game was a good performance and the best we've played all season but we didn't win and that's what he and the players are supposed to be doing.

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, burnden said:
𝗘𝘃𝗮𝘁𝘁: 'Kieran (Lee) will add a lot of quality to the squad. Unfortunately he’s got a bit of damage to his muscle tissue so he’ll be out at the weekend but no longer than that.'

👍

Worryingly, it is no surprise he's injured.

Hope we can get a continued tune out of him.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

👍

Worryingly, it is no surprise he's injured.

Hope we can get a continued tune out of him.

Surprised they didn’t give him a contract till the end of the season just to see how he copes with the next couple of months first 

43 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Surprised they didn’t give him a contract till the end of the season just to see how he copes with the next couple of months first 

He made 30 appearances for Sheff Wed last season, we're already asking him to drop 2 divisions, if he was only looking for a 4 month deal surely he could have got a league one club.  It may have been the "longer" deal that secured him.

• Site Supporter

I long for the days when you went to the match thinking that the opponents had the better team but because we were Bolton Wanderers their was a very good chance we would get a result. That feeling seems to have been lost forever, is it a lack of motivation from coaching staff or does the modern generation of players just not get it? I think its why my love of the game as deteriorated so much, I always feel we are beaten before a ball is kicked.

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

I long for the days when you went to the match thinking that the opponents had the better team but because we were Bolton Wanderers their was a very good chance we would get a result. That feeling seems to have been lost forever, is it a lack of motivation from coaching staff or does the modern generation of players just not get it? I think its why my love of the game as deteriorated so much, I always feel we are beaten before a ball is kicked.

I don’t think you can blame the current management team for something that hasn’t been the case for 15 years plus. If anything IE, more than any of the other incumbents of the post, has attempted to use the stature of the club, its fans, it’s history to build us/the players up. It’s probably worked more against us than for us this season as it raised hopes beyond realism. Unfortunately the sooner we accept just being Bolton Wanderers isn’t enough to get out of this league the more fans will accept the current situation.

If you are looking for positives let’s hope the rot and demise of the last few years is behind us. Think of our situation in the previous 2 years to the day. One year ago season over, languishing at bottom, nothing to play for, -12 points, no hope whatsoever of staying up. 2 years ago it was the fan protest against Anderson. The worst owner of our club, leading us to near extinction.

This year we have stable owners, there are signs of improvement, we are blending experience with young talent, we are in the transfer market to improve the squad, a couple of good results could be a platform to greater things. While the realism may be that we are building foundations still for next season, there’s hope and possibility that it may be a better outcome. 

Try to use that to be a bit more positive.

A win and we are looking upwards again 

0-2 Doyle Sarcevic 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, desperado said:

I don’t think you can blame the current management team for something that hasn’t been the case for 15 years plus. If anything IE, more than any of the other incumbents of the post, has attempted to use the stature of the club, its fans, it’s history to build us/the players up. It’s probably worked more against us than for us this season as it raised hopes beyond realism. Unfortunately the sooner we accept just being Bolton Wanderers isn’t enough to get out of this league the more fans will accept the current situation.

If you are looking for positives let’s hope the rot and demise of the last few years is behind us. Think of our situation in the previous 2 years to the day. One year ago season over, languishing at bottom, nothing to play for, -12 points, no hope whatsoever of staying up. 2 years ago it was the fan protest against Anderson. The worst owner of our club, leading us to near extinction.

This year we have stable owners, there are signs of improvement, we are blending experience with young talent, we are in the transfer market to improve the squad, a couple of good results could be a platform to greater things. While the realism may be that we are building foundations still for next season, there’s hope and possibility that it may be a better outcome. 

Try to use that to be a bit more positive.

A win and we are looking upwards again 

0-2 Doyle Sarcevic 

Your glass is half full my friend and you've given me the top up I needed. I see us getting a win against these no marks tomorrow. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

Your glass is half full my friend and you've given me the top up I needed. I see us getting a win against these no marks tomorrow. 

Good lad. As always with BWFC, the hard times make the wins/good times even better. Lets hope that this feeling comes back this Saturday 👏

25 minutes ago, desperado said:

I don’t think you can blame the current management team for something that hasn’t been the case for 15 years plus. If anything IE, more than any of the other incumbents of the post, has attempted to use the stature of the club, its fans, it’s history to build us/the players up. It’s probably worked more against us than for us this season as it raised hopes beyond realism. 

It's nicer to hear than the club's manager Gary Megson telling the supporters its a tinpot club that should be delighted to finish 4th bottom.

Always nice coming on here and reading Nobby noblots comments pre match. For a group of fans who proclaim not to give a shit about Tranmere you haven’t half got some hate fuelled views. 
Wishing you all a horrible weekend. Much love Aldo and Birkenhead. ❤️

Edited by Aldos Dipper
Typo