Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tranmere A

DomRepWanderer

In the last couple of minutes Sarcevic has fallen over the ball and 'trapped' a simple ball four yards giving away possession on both occasions. I'd take him off now and put Thomasson on.

Edited by tkonion
Forgot the word 'off'

2 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

If he wants genuine width then get Delf leading the line, a la Super keV, and get Doyle close to him. 

No way is that the answer. Arthur G has done more in two subs appearances than that lazy arse did in ten previous games.

Sarcevic is a big plump pillow, made of feathers. Despite his bulk he's as weak as piss. Pulled out of a tackle midway through the half.

We are too lightweight throughout, physically out muscled and out tackled in every game. We just don't win duels anywhere on the pitch

What that idea was in first 20 mins of Santos and Delaney launching half a dozen long diagonals to that big striker we haven't got?

3 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

No way is that the answer. Arthur G has done more in two subs appearances than that lazy arse did in ten previous games.

I know, I have been as pissed of with him as anyone else, but he hadn't played as the target man. Yet game in game out we can't hold the ball up the pitch.

So why no change it, as persisting with Doyle in that position, in this formation, clearly isn't working.

Another half without a shot on target I can remember. Play Doyle behind him and drop a midfielder maybe?

Edited by JimmyRiddle

Just now, ianofcleveleys said:

What that idea was in first 20 mins of Santos and Delaney launching half a dozen long diagonals to that big striker we haven't got?

I couldn't understand that either. Lack of confidence on the ball and/or nobody showing maybe? Can't have been a "plan" surely

Just now, JimmyRiddle said:

I know, I have been as pissed of with him as anyone else, but he hadn't played as the target man. Yet game in game out we can't hold the ball up the pitch.

So why no change it, as persisting with Doyle in that position, in this formation, clearly isn't working

Aye, we agree on that. 

20 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Imagine if there was a big away following here. Be so poisonous

Let off lightly atm evatt 

Edited by radcliffewhite1

This season is a complete shambles on and off the pitch. its a bloody good job theres been no fans in there. No choice but to keep Evatt but i no longer believe in him. Too many things arent right. yes we are in a state financially but by now we should be doing the basics right. 

Still dont get the goalie situation, new bingo machine, playing 'style", the defending the midfield Doyle utterly wasted in fact everything but the desire to play nice football and that aint working either! At all

Very hard not to get emotional about this, so many basic errors, strange team selections, brought in a Lincoln reserve to balance the left and played most of the half on the right. Side stripped of youth and enthusiasm. As for the captain the fat bastard can fuck right off, massive second half for him and also the manager.

There is a total lack of confidence throughout the team. Every easy option is taken after too many touches. Then a millionaires ball is tired with no chance of success.  

The players are also not that good which despite every other factor is the biggest problem we have. They are up against players week in week out that are really not better or worse and that is the only glimmer of hope.