Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tranmere A

DomRepWanderer

Just now, DazBob said:

The reaction of the players to the ridiculous awarding of their penalty and to the Delaney sending off sums up our players.

None of them looked like they really give a shit. Just a shrug of the shoulders.

Very true as I said earlier IE can’t fire this lot up 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

How many times are we going to concede in the first 5 minutes of games, clearly something wrong with our mentality.  I’m still not in favour of sacking him, he’s got to get a balanced squad, and I’ll judge him then. 

I'm with Mounts on this. Every week we have the same discussion. We need t start at kick off time, not wait until we either concede or have a scare.

Discipline is going to fuck as well. It's alright saying the ref is shite, we know they are in this league but we're struggling with eleven on.

29 minutes ago, captainmed said:

For me IE has the next 2 games.

Fail to win either of them and he goes.

This cannot go on any longer......

It’s the same thing week after week after week.

I'd snatch your hands off for 2 draws, in fact I'd settle for 1 draw from those 2, just counting down to Stevenage when hopefully they are as bad as the first time we played them.

2 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

I'm with Mounts on this. Every week we have the same discussion. We need t start at kick off time, not wait until we either concede or have a scare.

Discipline is going to fuck as well. It's alright saying the ref is shite, we know they are in this league but we're struggling with eleven on.

Can't disagree that we concede too many early goals, but if we dont concede early we concede later.  It makes no odds if its 0-0 after 30 minutes, the first goal is still going to the opposition.  We cant pretend that how we start games is the problem, its much deeper than that. 

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Didn't want to agree with this, as I really wanted it to work out with Evatt, but I do.

Similar. 

If we were further up, comfortably mid table with clear freedom from the drop, I'd be more than happy to leave things.

Still want to, and for it to work; but Sharon is going to be getting a bit worried sooner or later.

What isn't helpful is the bonkers selection of players who have done nothing, and leaving out others who have looked half decent, or not even giving them a chance.

Morale must be low, and its resembling another merry-go-round of players like we've had over the least few years.

Don't care how well he says they're training: its performances in games that count- and within games there are some trends that are baffling; continued concession of goals from set pieces, inability to put our own in with quality, not dominating games (apart from last few minutes), starting slowly with sluggish build up, and a clear soft underbelly. 

Not much to put right.

Ref was shite but the perfect excuse for Evatt. First half was such a poor display again. This team has nothing about it, barely any complaints about the penalty apart from Gilks, the challenge from monthe is a straight red but at no point did anyone remonstrate with the referee, Sarcevic just sat there and laughed. There is no motivation amongst the players and Evatt has no idea how to change it. Doyle having to come into centre mid just to touch the ball must be frustrating for him and would have been looking at his manager since day one to play to his strengths and here we are 24 games in and we still can’t provide for him. 

1 minute ago, Farnywhite said:

I had really high hopes with evatt . But fuck me keith hill looked clue less last season especially at Accrington . Evatt has took us backwards Hill looks likely to get them in the play offs . 

Hill won't ever take Tranmere any higher than League 1 though. 

We've loftier ambitions so a safe pair of hands in League 2 isn't good enough to cut it long term. 

Young, hungry talented managers are definitely the way I think we should be going. I know IE is at least 2 of those things. Whether he's all three we'll learn in time 😁

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Hill won't ever take Tranmere any higher than League 1 though. 

We've loftier ambitions so a safe pair of hands in League 2 isn't good enough to cut it long term. 

Young, hungry talented managers are definitely the way I think we should be going. I know IE is at least 2 of those things. Whether he's all three we'll learn in time 😁

They won’t go up. They’re shit. We were just shitter 

1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

They won’t go up. They’re shit. We were just shitter 

I don't think they'll go up either. Even on today's performance you could argue we were the better side over 90 minutes.

What I really meant is Tranmere aren't equipped as a club to ever sustainably keep themselves higher than League 1. 

Barring someone coming in with Megabucks.

32 minutes ago, Skiprat said:

Quick check in

cheers for the easy 6 points lads 😘

best of luck in the relegation dogfight with your conference manager and players 🤣

Never been to the Conference. It has featured in your lame history though.

When you plumb the depths you end up encountering the likes of Tranmere Rovers.

Enjoy your eternity in obscurity and nothingness .. looking back on your one and only era of being noticed in the 90s.