Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tranmere A

DomRepWanderer

For me, this is going to be a test of nerve till maybe end of Feb, by when, hopefully, Evatt has got in the two of three more he wants, they've bedded in and are making a difference, along with Lee and John. 

We need to set up solid during Feb and grind out four or five results, ideally including clean sheets, so we go into March stabilised a bit and with a bit of confidence from getting those results. We could still have a decent finish to the season then. 

In the meantime it could get twitchy as we don't look much like getting a result against anybody.

To be honest, I'd sacrifice a couple of players in the squad at minute to bolster the coaching ranks, preferably with some nouse and experience. Appreciate it might be about different budgets and it might not be straightforward, but just now we need coaching support and expertise more than squad fillers who are nowhere near playing.

1 hour ago, ianofcleveleys said:

For me, this is going to be a test of nerve till maybe end of Feb, by when, hopefully, Evatt has got in the two of three more he wants, they've bedded in and are making a difference, along with Lee and John. 

We need to set up solid during Feb and grind out four or five results, ideally including clean sheets, so we go into March stabilised a bit and with a bit of confidence from getting those results. We could still have a decent finish to the season then. 

In the meantime it could get twitchy as we don't look much like getting a result against anybody.

To be honest, I'd sacrifice a couple of players in the squad at minute to bolster the coaching ranks, preferably with some nouse and experience. Appreciate it might be about different budgets and it might not be straightforward, but just now we need coaching support and expertise more than squad fillers who are nowhere near playing.

I posted something along these lines last summer. Our squad is way,way to big and i was laughed at saying 18/20 was enough for this season'.

Currently we have around 30 players in and around the first team about a dozen of these are picking up a wage and have no chance of a start come Saturday

We have players like Miller,Greenidge,Isgrove and to a extent Lee who we signed with fitness issues

I Would like us to have a squad of 15 quality for this league next season and maybe 8 under 21

Politic,Thomason,Riley,Finlay locket, and Sonny Graham are the future of this club and should be in or around the first team squad

9 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Decent analysis of the first goal, but I’d add Crawford losing the first header. 

The old saying of two wrongs don't make a right?

It doesn't matter who fucked up earlier, Delaney still has to do better. He's the only one to get near the ball. Concede the corner or throw in, but make connection.

17 hours ago, masi 51 said:

I posted something along these lines last summer. Our squad is way,way to big and i was laughed at saying 18/20 was enough for this season'.

Currently we have around 30 players in and around the first team about a dozen of these are picking up a wage and have no chance of a start come Saturday

We have players like Miller,Greenidge,Isgrove and to a extent Lee who we signed with fitness issues

I Would like us to have a squad of 15 quality for this league next season and maybe 8 under 21

Politic,Thomason,Riley,Finlay locket, and Sonny Graham are the future of this club and should be in or around the first team squad

Completely agree, I thought we would see something different this season, very few loan signings, a squad younger, fitter, fresher and playing a different style, apart from glimpses, we have seen the same old shite.

18 hours ago, masi 51 said:

We can't have so few first team players, it just doesn't work

By my reckoning we have 24 first team players who aren't either injured or out on loan

I'd be happy for the likes of Riley and Lockett to get minutes, but I wouldn't want to have to rely on them

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

He’s going to end up getting a ban for not getting a ban, isn’t he? 🤣

He's dead right, but perhaps needs to keep his trap shut publicly. Keeps pressing the powers that be, with the hierarchy of the club, in the right way.

Good on him generally though. 

That is an incredible decision.

Basically saying if the ref makes a mistake it is ok for a manager to have a go at him on the pitch. 

Or whatever Evatt said did not justify a yellow or the subsequent red. 

Either way makes the ref look a right twat. 

17 minutes ago, Ani said:

That is an incredible decision.

Basically saying if the ref makes a mistake it is ok for a manager to have a go at him on the pitch. 

Or whatever Evatt said did not justify a yellow or the subsequent red. 

Either way makes the ref look a right twat. 

I’m not one for having a go at referees but that on Saturday was diabolically incompetent. 

Good on the FA on this occasion m

The decision not to give a free kick and a card for the challenge on Saucey was as bad as it can get. 

Either a foul (which it was) or book Saucey for diving add that to changing his mind when shouted at for the penalty. 

Evatt has got things wrong but the ref was a major factor on Saturday. 

• The topic was unpinned
18 hours ago, Skiprat said:

And another 3 points in the bag

mind that gap scruffs

73 top flight seasons. Four FA cups. Two European campaigns, knocking Atletico out and drawing at Bayern.

Lofthouse, Anelka, Okocha, Djorkaeff, Hierro, Campo, Nakata. 

But well done. You beat fucking Harrogate. 

• 3 months later...
On 23/01/2021 at 17:17, Skiprat said:

Quick check in

cheers for the easy 6 points lads 😘

best of luck in the relegation dogfight with your conference manager and players 🤣

I wonder where Mr Skiprat of Birkenhead is this evening?

Funny what sticks in the mind.

Enjoy the play offs and your dogfight with Morecambe with your League 2 manager and players. 

Edited by paulhanley