Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The 46th President Joe Biden

Rudy

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Fact Checking sites, snopes 😏 ....oh dear.

Non-Partisan Factchecking Websites in the US

Nonpartisan Fact-Checking Websites in the US:

FactCheck.org - (Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania). Fact checks political and scientific statements, videos etc., as well as talking points of political parties and presidential speeches.  If you run across a claim that hasn't been fact checked, you can submit it to this organization for review.  They have partnered with Facebook to factcheck Facebook posts flagged by Facebook users.  How to Flag Fake News on Facebook.

FlackCheck, a 'sister site' to factcheck.org offers "resources designed to help viewers recognize flaws in arguments in general and political ads in particular. Video resources point out deception and incivility in political rhetoric."

Snopes - Researches urban legends, Internet rumors, e-mail forwards, and other stories of questionable or unknown origin.

Factchecker - Run by journalist Glenn Kessler of the Washington Post, this site assesses claims made by politicians or political advocacy groups. 

Politifact - From the Tampa Bay Times.  Researches and rates the accuracy of claims made by national,state and local elected officials, candidates, leaders of political parties and political activists.

Punditfact - From the Tampa Bay Times. Researches and rates the accuracy of claims by "...pundits, columnists, bloggers, political analysts, the hosts and guests of talk shows, and other members of the media."

You do know "non-partisan" means "not affiliated with any political party", don't you?

4 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Is this another one of them bets you had with RW to see who'd reply first to a clearly bollocks tweet? 

I'll post it again for your benefit.

Who is lying ? National TV in Amercia at the time it was spoken, or snopes which I don't think existed then ?

I genuinely don't know the answer, but had my research done ready,and knew the likes of you would be smarmy with your answer

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

See above smartarse

See above 

"It was in that context, then, that Biden confronted Reynolds by reading out loud portions of the memo detailing racial slurs used by Louisiana legislators: “[Your staff] brought to your attention the allegation that important legislators in defeating the Nunez plan, in the basement, said, ‘We already have a n—– mayor [in New Orleans], we don’t need any more n—– big shots.’”"

• Members
6 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Found this one which contradicts the snopes one, which is left biased as we knew.

Would the other 2 comment on the inaccuracies ?

Completely taken out of context, where’s he’s using someone else’s quote  

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

See above 

"It was in that context, then, that Biden confronted Reynolds by reading out loud portions of the memo detailing racial slurs used by Louisiana legislators: “[Your staff] brought to your attention the allegation that important legislators in defeating the Nunez plan, in the basement, said, ‘We already have a n—– mayor [in New Orleans], we don’t need any more n—– big shots.’”"

Oh right.....you believe snopes over national .....priceless

8 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Found this one which contradicts the snopes one, which is left biased as we knew.

Would the other 2 comment on the inaccuracies ?

I was surprised when I saw that. But apparently it was taken out of context (that's why you only see that tiny clip) and he was referencing the remarks of another person. 

Which would explain it wouldn't it? 

Just now, kent_white said:

I was surprised when I saw that. But apparently it was taken out of context (that's why you only see that tiny clip) and he was referencing the remarks of another person. 

Which would explain it wouldn't it? 

I've not said anything different did i, other than watch the first 4 seconds, and reports from national TV differ to snopes version.

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I suspect miami is on a wind-up with this one. Nobody can be that thick or gullible, surely?

Thank you......😄 🤣 😂 

I knew exactly where it came from, hence the two links ready at hand. 

Just baffled why one says whilst campaigning and the other says Senate hearing.

Doesn't look like a campaign rally to me.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Thank you......😄 🤣 😂 

I knew exactly where it came from, hence the two links ready at hand. 

Just baffled why one says whilst campaigning and the other says Senate hearing.

Doesn't look like a campaign rally to me.

But your second clip was just the same 4-seconds of footage you referred to in the first one. Your form over the last few days is shocking.

Just now, Cheese said:

But your second clip was just the same 4-seconds of footage you referred to in the first one. Your form over the last few days is shocking.

Both reports differ. Did you hear one said on a campaign rally in New Hampshire or words to that effect whilst snopes said at a Senate hearing ?

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The thing is most YouTube, social media clips, videos and media snippets are taken out of context and doctored across all political spectrums and used by the press and media for sensationalism.

Fact checking sites are the same, they have political allegiance to certain political parties and the information they gather is biased.

But those creepy Biden stroking up kids video's look pretty damn real to me 🤪

You’re becoming a menace. They will seek to shut you down 😎

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The thing is most YouTube, social media clips, videos and media snippets are taken out of context and doctored across all political spectrums and used by the press and media for sensationalism.

Fact checking sites are the same, they have political allegiance to certain political parties and the information they gather is biased.

The information you posted in your previous post labelled Snopes as nonpartisan.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Oh right.....you believe snopes over national .....priceless

See Cheese's YouTube link of the full speech 

Note the use of the words "quote"

Seriously mate you're on your arse here 

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Theres a couple more doing the rounds today. Something not right there 

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

See Cheese's YouTube link of the full speech 

Note the use of the words "quote"

Seriously mate you're on your arse here 

Why ? I'm questioning the National news which said on a campaign rally and snopes which said a Senate hearing.

Questioning the sources as I've said repeatedly here, have I not ? 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Why ? I'm questioning the National news which said on a campaign rally and snopes which said a Senate hearing.

Questioning the sources as I've said repeatedly here, have I not ? 

Sorry, I missed the question mark when you said 

"You only need to watch the first 4 seconds of this."

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Apparently, all fact checking sites will claim they are non partisan, but their research methods are not very or factually kosha.

Snopes: Researches urban legends, Internet rumors, e-mail forwards, and other stories of questionable or unknown origin.

How are the fact checking cunts funded? How do they make money? Is it through on site advertising etc? @ZicoKelly you’re into all this I think when you’re not breaking covid rules. What’s the craic with them? 

@Cheese how many posts is that now pal ? Cheers 

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Apparently, all fact checking sites will claim they are non partisan, but their research methods are not very or factually kosha.

Snopes: Researches urban legends, Internet rumors, e-mail forwards, and other stories of questionable or unknown origin.

Factcheck were the same re Corbyn and the wreathlaying for the Black September bombers and in denial, even though Corbyn himself had admitted it.

Couldn't script it mate

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

But what you've posted there is just a list of the things they like to reasearch, it's not a comment on their research methods?