Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The 46th President Joe Biden

Rudy

14 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Listen son, I will commit to any statement I like on here, thank you 😃 

The more it winds folk up, the better it is 😄 

You should know by now, and also know in real life, I am nothing like I am on here.....thank god 😉 

Tbf you are a cunt in real life too.  😎👍😂😘😜

2 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Yes, I mentioned Keystone XL last night.

You do know the Keystone pipeline was finished in 2016, its just phase 4 (the XL bit) is open under the hammer mainly because is cross over the Ogallala Aquifer which is the largest fresh water source in the would and covers parts of 8 states. So if i was getting some of my drinking water from there I would not want it either, and I work in the oil and gas game

3 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

You do know the Keystone pipeline was finished in 2016, its just phase 4 (the XL bit) is open under the hammer mainly because is cross over the Ogallala Aquifer which is the largest fresh water source in the would and covers parts of 8 states. So if i was getting some of my drinking water from there I would not want it either, and I work in the oil and gas game

Yes, had a look into it. It seems to be the Canadians who are more upset isn't it re the job losses ?

Are all the other projects in your industry safe now ? He isn't too keen on franking is he, don't blame him on that to be honest.

2 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

He later popped all their jimmy-jams in a tumble-dryer for ten minutes so they were nice and toasty, made them all hot cocoa with marshmallows, tucked them all in then beamed 'Over The Moon' onto the 130" telly he'd brought down...

Why are The National Guard in such numbers in Washington again?

Oh aye, because some reptilian scumfuck promoted the theory of a rigged election and urged 'action'.

A call that was heeded and ended in five dead.

I'm sure most fulltime military would consider bedding down in a (heated) garage as luxury.

Never forgiven them (The National Guard) for what they did to Johnny.

"Bullseye!" - what a c*nt.

All he wanted was a bite to eat.

Something that needs to be looked at. Ridiculous the amount of security personnel they’ve had in Washington the last couple of days.

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Yes, had a look into it. It seems to be the Canadians who are more upset isn't it re the job losses ?

Are all the other projects in your industry safe now ? He isn't too keen on franking is he, don't blame him on that to be honest.

Yea the Canadians what to move more oil that it.

Again on fracking the devil is in the detail, he wants to ban fracking on Federal land ( he can do nothing on privet land), and that only for new well, all existing well are still good and wells with existing permits, and that amounts to around only 10% of wells.

The ban of Federal land is the least of the fracking industry's issues at the moment, 97 fracking company's went to the wall last year, and the rest owe around 95 billion to the banks, they cant live on the price of oil as it is at the moment, they need 60 to 65 and some need more then that to turn a profit.

6 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

Yea the Canadians what to move more oil that it.

Again on fracking the devil is in the detail, he wants to ban fracking on Federal land ( he can do nothing on privet land), and that only for new well, all existing well are still good and wells with existing permits, and that amounts to around only 10% of wells.

The ban of Federal land is the least of the fracking industry's issues at the moment, 97 fracking company's went to the wall last year, and the rest owe around 95 billion to the banks, they cant live on the price of oil as it is at the moment, they need 60 to 65 and some need more then that to turn a profit.

Crikey, that's a lot of companies that went to the wall. What's the current price, not checked for a while, was around 52 when I last did.

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Thanks for that. Hope the POI picks up asap.

that what's make me laugh over here , everyone screaming blue murder at OPEC being a cartel, but without them manipulating the price of oil, the US oil would be well and truly fucked

The capitalism needs a cartel to make money, the irony is not wasted on me, but it is on them

38 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

that what's make me laugh over here , everyone screaming blue murder at OPEC being a cartel, but without them manipulating the price of oil, the US oil would be well and truly fucked

The capitalism needs a cartel to make money, the irony is not wasted on me, but it is on them

I've noticed a few people moaning about that online. 

What's your opinion for the next year or two in the oil industry ? 

Loads of talk online as always re the African countries,  but most never seem to get started.

11 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I've noticed a few people moaning about that online. 

What's your opinion for the next year or two in the oil industry ? 

Loads of talk online as always re the African countries,  but most never seem to get started.

See its people that moan, but not oil executive's 🙂

Its going to tough for the next few years, we've had a pause of 18 months 2 years on major projects (except for LNG) but even that as been slow, so even if a major project was action to day, you would see nothing from it for 4 to 5 years

Africa they are looking at and also south America

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/20/business/energy-environment/suriname-oil-discovery.html

Oil company are always looking for cheap oil, why pay say $20 a barrel when you can get it somewhere else $1 a barrel, and also it been in the ground for a few million years so what's another 20 to 30, its going nowhere

Edited by tyldesley_white

4 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

See its people that moan, but not oil executive's 🙂

Its going to tough for the next few years, we've had a pause of 18 months 2 years on major projects (except for LNG) but even that as been slow, so even if a major project was action to day, you would see nothing from it for 4 to 5 years

Africa they are looking at and also south America

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/20/business/energy-environment/suriname-oil-discovery.html

There's some folk i know who are involved with an outfit in Tunisia, but seems a real slow burner like you say. Same with the Nigerian outfit, just all promises,back handers and no actual progress.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

From twitter:

Sad day for women’s sports. Women must compete against biological males at the risk of injury and loss of title, thanks to a new Biden executive order. Don’t ever tell me this is “pro-woman.” It’s not. It’s destructive and malicious.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-does-bidens-executive-order-allow-transgender-athletes-compete-gender-their-1563790

On 'Planet Simpleton', they actually believe the President of the United States just signed an Executive Order that permits men to compete in Professional Womens' sports. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

From twitter:

Sad day for women’s sports. Women must compete against biological males at the risk of injury and loss of title, thanks to a new Biden executive order. Don’t ever tell me this is “pro-woman.” It’s not. It’s destructive and malicious.

It’s a good job you put “from Twitter” at the front of that.

I know a lad that was a lass a couple of years back. Now, whilst I wouldn’t be keen on such a swap personally, it’s his choice and he has many psychological reasons. What I do know is that as a chap, he’s the happiest I’ve ever known him and it’s great to see.

In terms of competing, you probably need to read the details of the order

9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Do you think a man who has transitioned to a women should be able to compete in womens athletics ?

I get there are sensitive issues about this, but the tweet was about trans woman in the U.S. being able to compete against other women.

My opinion, no, not a chance, women athletes train for years, it becomes their way of life, they make massive sacrifices to be the best or strive to be the best, I'm against it.

I'm all for people being who/what they want to be, but I'm with you on this.

If you were born a "man" (I know, it's delicate), then you can't compete fairly with those born as "women".