Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

"A nutritious economic meal made with the season’s vegetables"

SatanGreavsie

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

As its Potato Hash, as in Corned Beef Hash.

What you've got there is a really tasty Salford Stew.

It's just a regional variation that's all. 'Ash, lobby, hotpot, scouse. Call it what you want they're all essentially a stew of potatoes, onions (and sometimes other veg) and cheap cuts or left over meat. 

Bacon hotpot for instance is corned beef hash with bacon instead of corned beef

1 minute ago, dave2980 said:

It's just a regional variation that's all. 'Ash, lobby, hotpot, scouse. Call it what you want they're all essentially a stew of potatoes, onions (and sometimes other veg) and cheap cuts or left over meat. 

Bacon hotpot for instance is corned beef hash with bacon instead of corned beef

Ah but Scouse has carrots, so they're animals and are discounted from this discussion.

For me it's tater ash only with corned beef. Everything else, like you say is a hotpot or stew.

23 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

My other half is an amazing cook, its her real passion and subsequently we eat very, very well. We're also so.lucky to have so many amazing international food shops on our doorstep, and so many world cuisine restaurant and at the moment takeaways - my current love is a Pida, so bad for you but sooooo good.

But Saturday afternoons are reserved for chip butties, maybe a pasty or a pot noddle. It's the law.

I’ve never stuck my hand in a fire but I don’t want to try it, as I doubt I would like it

For the same reason I don’t want to try a pot noodle sandwich 

28 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Ah but Scouse has carrots, so they're animals and are discounted from this discussion.

For me it's tater ash only with corned beef. Everything else, like you say is a hotpot or stew.

You're wrong. It can be with minced beef......

36 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

I’ve never stuck my hand in a fire but I don’t want to try it, as I doubt I would like it

For the same reason I don’t want to try a pot noodle sandwich 

You'll know you'll get burned in a fire. You don't know that your taste buds will be doing somersault with the taste sensation that is hot noodles melting butter on soft white bread.

7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

You'll know you'll get burned in a fire. You don't know that your taste buds will be doing somersault with the taste sensation that is hot noodles melting butter on soft white bread.

I know what a pot noodle tastes like 

I know what bread tastes like 

Combining the two with no cooking involved and simply putting one on top of the other doesn’t take a leap of imagination to know it’ll be shite

7 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

I know what a pot noodle tastes like 

I know what bread tastes like 

Combining the two with no cooking involved and simply putting one on top of the other doesn’t take a leap of imagination to know it’ll be shite

Oh how the closed minded shut off new delightful experiences.

I think everyone has a treat that other people would think odd.

What is one man's pot noodle butty, is another man's shit sandwich. Be not to cast first stone my good man.

• Members
1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

My other half is an amazing cook, its her real passion and subsequently we eat very, very well. We're also so.lucky to have so many amazing international food shops on our doorstep, and so many world cuisine restaurant and at the moment takeaways - my current love is a Pida, so bad for you but sooooo good.

But Saturday afternoons are reserved for chip butties, maybe a pasty or a pot noddle. It's the law.

I’ll get the nutritionists at work to include it on the diet sheets 

I didn't think we'd be stooping much lower than the pot noodle butty but a leftover fried spaghetti butty on Blackpool milk roll has surely got to be as low as we go. 

That's 'my mum and dad spend all their money on heroin' tackle that. 🤣

3 hours ago, stevieb said:

I didn't think we'd be stooping much lower than the pot noodle butty but a leftover fried spaghetti butty on Blackpool milk roll has surely got to be as low as we go. 

That's 'my mum and dad spend all their money on heroin' tackle that. 🤣

Hark at little lord fontenroy here.