Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Evatt in or out

• Site Supporter

He's turned the situation around well this season.

That said, the criticism of performance during our slump was wholly justified. He and his team have to take the rough with the smooth.

Still learning and no doubt will make more good decisions and bad ones.

We are making progress though, and so long as that continues all is well.

• Site Supporter
On 23/01/2021 at 17:32, JimmyRiddle said:

Out!!

On 23/01/2021 at 17:34, DaveTheRave said:

In until the end of the season.

No sign of improvement by then...

Out

On 23/01/2021 at 17:37, Burnden Pies said:

Out. No discernable plan, players not motivated and no improvement or even a prospect of it in my eyes. I fear the guy is an over confident fraud unfortunately 

On 23/01/2021 at 18:31, Dr. Feelgood said:

Out. Three months ago.

He's a bag of contradictions, he's a bullshitter and a Charlatan. There's a point when, whatever your hopes & dreams, you can see he's not going to improve us.

Fucking morons.

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Fucking morons.

Yep. I called that wrong. Not on my own of course. But those first 3 months were pathetic & if we'd had fans in the ground I'm not sure he'd have survived.

Getting Crellin off the pitch and the January window more than did the job.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

On 23/01/2021 at 18:00, kent_white said:

I think I can only think of one or two games where we've been the poorer of the two sides. We're losing games by fine margins and in most of those games we have a period of time (sadly only 20 mins or so) where we look like we're battering them.

I still think there's something there with Evatt. But it needs to be a lot more consistent and for 90 minutes. 

Still don't feel like it's 'his team' particularly.

Mind you I remember arguing similar points in favour of keeping Dougie Freedman! So what do I know? 😁

Ladies and gentlemen. The words........ of a genius! 😁

3 minutes ago, DaveTheRave said:

What did I say wrong there?

Thought I was being quite fair tbh 

And no need for the insult.

That’s how he works

its a message board and believe it or not people have different opinions and yes they will differ from person to person but it doesn’t make someone a moron 

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, desperado said:

I was looking for the “Brand Evatt” thread to post this, but it’s disappeared. 

This one makes better reading mind! Good job Sharon had a bit more faith and patience than some on here! 😂

Good article, which shows the philosophy and method behind recruitment. 

He nearly went a bit Keith Hill there going on about baking a cake, but a good read that

• Members
7 minutes ago, Zico said:

He nearly went a bit Keith Hill there going on about baking a cake, but a good read that

I thought he was going that route a few weeks ago talking about us and Conor McGregor. 

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, DaveTheRave said:

What did I say wrong there?

Thought I was being quite fair tbh 

And no need for the insult.

Fair enough. I retract. Probably shouldn't have included your comment. 

51 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Been a belting read this.

Two words.

Joey Barton.

Fuckin hell. 

As I said at the time, Joey Fucking Barton?

Just read the thread again, it's possibly the most I've publicly supported an under-fire manager.

It's easy to forget how bad we were at one point.  Was it Orient away? Lost 4-0 and 1 to 11 looked lost and hopeless, yet within a month or so of this thread starting, we were playing leaders and eventual champions Cambridge, off the park.

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I thought he was going that route a few weeks ago talking about us and Conor McGregor. 

I think it's probably the years he spent working under Ian Holloway that have rubbed off on him, he has cited him as a big influence in the past, best motivator he's worked under or something

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Burnden Pies said:

You are a very strange bloke. 

That may be. But you thought we should've sacked Ian Evatt just over a year ago. When we were still in League 2. And you announced it proudly on here.

Edited by Cheese

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

You thought we should've sacked Ian Evatt a year ago.

Yes in January 2021 based on what I was seeing and answering the question posed 'In or Out' that was my opinion. No one was happier than me that Evatt went on to have a fantastic transfer window, drop Crellin and then ultimately get us promotion.

I called you strange because 15 months later you dig up said thread and called the people responding to the thread that posed the a question back then fucking morons. It's really odd.

• Members
30 minutes ago, Traf said:

As I said at the time, Joey Fucking Barton?

Just read the thread again, it's possibly the most I've publicly supported an under-fire manager.

Not a hindsight brag but I don’t think I’ve ever called for him to go.

Parky yes

Hill yes

Lennon yes

Dougie yes

Coyle fuck me yes

Megson god yes

Sammy Lee yes

Never did with BSA, Todd or Rioch. 
IE is in great company there. 

He’s done great to ride out tough times, we’ll never know if it was ever in doubt with FV but I suspect not, but it does show what a difference a good board behind a manager can do, especially a young and relatively inexperienced managers.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Burnden Pies said:

Yes in January 2021 based on what I was seeing and answering the question posed 'In or Out' that was my opinion. No one was happier than me that Evatt went on to have a fantastic transfer window, drop Crellin and then ultimately get us promotion.

I called you strange because 15 months later you dig up said thread and called the people responding to the thread that posed the a question back then fucking morons. It's really odd.

It would seem odd if you're a fucking moron.