Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mansfield

Blondi

5 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Yes it was ... Their keeper, rod Arnold ,  made a worldie in front of a packed embankment ... One of best saves I've seen even the ref clapped it . 

We won at field mill at Easter ,packed out with wanderers fans.

It snowed Saturday , Sunday here and temp has been sub zero sat, sun, Monday . It has been pouring down all afternoon , so rain on ice turf . Their pitch has looked dodgy on TV highlights .  A postponed game is no surprise

From memory wasn’t one of the goals  a long range shot from Ritson or Nicholson? 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

5 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Weren’t there a few Wigan & Swinton games played at Burnden as well because Central Park/Station Road were frozen, so that probably made a few quid? 

They had quite a few John Player Cup games played there. Semis with pretty decent crowds. Possibly some Challenge cup games as well. Remember watching a few Wigan games in seriously bad weather that wouldn’t have been played anywhere else

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Yes it was ... Their keeper, rod Arnold ,  made a worldie in front of a packed embankment ... One of best saves I've seen even the ref clapped it . 

We won at field mill at Easter ,packed out with wanderers fans.

It snowed Saturday , Sunday here and temp has been sub zero sat, sun, Monday . It has been pouring down all afternoon , so rain on ice turf . Their pitch has looked dodgy on TV highlights .  A postponed game is no surprise

Wasnt the home game on motd

Random choice, but ive a vague recollection

• Members
2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Just tell her it was a penalty to both teams in a 1-1 draw so if she sees the match result 

Mansfield P-P Bolton

She won't suspect a thing 

He spent weeks chasing a Russian bird around a park I doubt Mrs Zico is that arsed 

2 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

If they are anything like the 4 he has just brought in they should save the money. Some clubs are actually strengthening with game time for premier league youth 

Kieran Lee looks a good signing. Declan John is yet to play and the other two are loanees who may not be first choice when others are fit..

The weather forecast clearly indicated a milder afternoon and evening and the ref should be questioned over why he completely ignored that and inspected early. Personally, it could though work in our favour if IE really does get in this “eye turning” new striker signing. I’ll believe it when is see it though.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

This has a different feel now. They’ve not played in 10 days, we’ve got the relief and confidence of a 1st win in 6 weeks.

I’ll happily take a draw

Momentum.

We’ll win, I reckon.