Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mansfield

Blondi

Its a triple whammy for our preparation time compared to Southend's.

They are one of the few EFL teams to have no midweek game so have all week to prep for a home game.

Compared to our 2 away trips totalling 700 miles in about 3 days, we could have done without the late change to Wednesday.  But easy to see why the EFL want the games played asap.

13 hours ago, MickyD said:

Tuesday at Bournemouth and Friday at Hull were pretty special.

You’re not wrong! We did a stopover in Bourney after all day on the lash, then on to the game - late Phil Brown winner 1-2? Went into Bournemouth till 3am and there were loads of Wanderers fans around.Then on the Friday Hull game a dozen of us piled into the back of a tranny van, we set off for Hull just after lunch. We bumped into Rioch & the players in a hotel on the outskirts of Hull - Bruce said “ Enjoy yourselves boys, but behave yourselves” Rioch had an aura about him & you listened when he spoke! A man down and a late winner 1-2 again? Carnage followed. After the match we went Into a village called South Cave just outside Hull for lashings of beer and a sing song,then back to Bolton for a curry.I had a feeling back then that BWFC were on the verge of some special times ahead and to a slightly lesser extent i get that same feeling now! Top, top days. 

Edited by Burndens Bogs

7 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

a dozen of us piled into the back of a tranny van

South Cave just outside Hull.

Not sure jumping into a trannie van would be legal today, lockdown or not.

South Cave is in the press today ... just got astonishing positive positive Covid numbers & no-one's a clue why.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

You’re not wrong! We did a stopover in Bourney after all day on the lash, then on to the game - late Phil Brown winner 1-2? Went into Bournemouth till 3am and there were loads of Wanderers fans around.Then on the Friday Hull game a dozen of us piled into the back of a tranny van, we set off for Hull just after lunch. We bumped into Rioch & the players in a hotel on the outskirts of Hull - Bruce said “ Enjoy yourselves boys, but behave yourselves” Rioch had an aura about him & you listened when he spoke! A man down and a late winner 1-2 again? Carnage followed. After the match we went Into a village called South Cave just outside Hull for lashings of beer and a sing song,then back to Bolton for a curry.I had a feeling back then that BWFC were on the verge of some special times ahead and to a slightly lesser extent i get that same feeling now! Top, top days. 

Great story that one 👏. Hull I think is my favourite away game ever

55 minutes ago, desperado said:

Great story that one 👏. Hull I think is my favourite away game ever

Bournemouth and Hull, one of best weeks to be a Wanderer, back home on Easter leave I think so did both! What a week...

Shit scared of heights but somehow ended up on top of that electronic scoreboard at Bournemouth!

52 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

I went to Bournemouth then missed Hull. One of the worst decisions in my life

I do wonder that of those that missed it how many couldn't make the Friday evening.  I reckon if it had been on the Saturday as planned it would have been one of the truly huge away followings, we took about 3,500 but definitely room for a few more and they rarely bothered making it all ticket in those days.

10 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I do wonder that of those that missed it how many couldn't make the Friday evening.  I reckon if it had been on the Saturday as planned it would have been one of the truly huge away followings, we took about 3,500 but definitely room for a few more and they rarely bothered making it all ticket in those days.

They still hate us for invading the pitch and having the stand down the side which away fans never got normally. 

Seem to recall they did a similar thing with Bradford a few seasons later and Hull fans got pissed off and tried to get into their normal end via the pitch

22 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Popped on yesterday and clicked the Mark's out of 10 for Saturday link, just crap, register, sign up, advert, I fucking gave up and I'm not going back on again.

I've sacked it too, I used to use it a lot.  The adverts and assaults on the eyes are unbearable and whenever I've read comments I wonder about the IQ of most of them, its not worth the hassle.

7 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

That Hull game brings back memories of stardom for me.. we were filmed eating fish & chips with Rob Palmer outside a chippy which was shown on Granada’s kick-off show!

51 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Weathers good over here at the moment sunny and mild with just light showers possible later, so hopefully no problem with the game going ahead tonight. No excuses from the camp, a win is essential tonight to have any hope of making the play offs. Ditch Fonz and play Lee instead.

Keep The Fonz & play Lee instead of MJ..

• Site Supporter

If the pitch is a shocker, I think he might still hold Lee back, not wanting to risk injury. If he makes changes it will be to make us more resolute away from home, with possibly Tutte and Isgrove coming in.

Gilks

Jones

Santos

Baptiste 

John

Williams

Tutte

Thomason

Isgrove

Doyle

Arthur