Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mansfield

Blondi

2 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Well, it would have been if you'd put a £grand on !

I put £2 on Bolton at 7/2 about  30 seconds before Mansfield went 1-0 up, its a pity there's no odds boost for going 2-0 down and still winning ;>

I think Bolton have spent enough money on wages and will be promoted this season, although it will probably be in a Reading style comeback in the play off final

• Members

I think Williams gets an unfair wrap on here, he runs all day, breaks up the play, gets stuck in, a bit of a ugly general in the middle. 
Give him time to make that position his own and he’ll be a good player for us.

Maddison will be better when he’s fully up to speed, his fitness is lacking as well 

Looked a lot better going forward when Fonz & Arthur came on 

8 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I put £2 on Bolton at 7/2 about  30 seconds before Mansfield went 1-0 up, its a pity there's no odds boost for going 2-0 down and still winning ;>

I think Bolton have spent enough money on wages and will be promoted this season, although it will probably be in a Reading style comeback in the play off final

That would be lovely if it's Tranmere

9 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I think Williams gets an unfair wrap on here, he runs all day, breaks up the play, gets stuck in, a bit of a ugly general in the middle. 
Give him time to make that position his own and he’ll be a good player for us.

Maddison will be better when he’s fully up to speed, his fitness is lacking as well 

Looked a lot better going forward when Fonz & Arthur came on 

I think Williams does the team stuff, like Lowe did that some fans can’t see. 

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

It seems the Stags fans absolutely hate Evatt, must have been from his time at Chesterfield and them being their nearest rivals.

I'm glad for Evatt, hope it's a turning point and I'm hoping for more than the play-offs, next 3 games against bottom of the table fodder should give us more of an idea.

Correct this team clicks it’s by far the best in the league play offs are a must 

• Site Supporter

Do you know what, I came for a look on here after a win to see who I could quote for a ridiculous comment after a great win, yes there are a few, but they are like pantomime villains, the thread wouldn’t be half as entertaining  if they didn’t offer their irrational, immediate, emotional responses. At the end of the day we all love BWFC and we all loved that third goal hitting the back of the net. 

I’m trying to think if anyone had a poor game... yes Gilks should have done better on that second one, (but he demanded the box pretty well), Williams isn’t as creative as Thomason, but on reflection that wasn’t needed tonight, he won quite a lot of ball in front of the back 4, yes not one of Doyle’s better games, but as always he worked hard till the death, Maddison still trying to add a special contribution (I don’t mind that) but on that pitch didn’t happen today. There’s only those 4 for me who you could offer any criticism against. The rest offered lots of quality.

Lee superb division 2 midfielder, Santos/Baptiste great today, Afolayan showed lots of promise again, Isgrove very industrious, Jones solid and Declan John for me MOM.

And all the subs contributed to the win  and what a filip that is, the subs coming on to win the game 

The dream is still on 👏

• Site Supporter

Just spent some time reading the posts through the second half. Piss funny.

A few thoughts:

When discussing the potential set up, a few of us expressed a desire for another midfielder in, with it being away. Then Evatt made a comment to that effect.

Then the set up was just as attacking as the last few. Mansfield, as folk were observing, are decent and it was a risk going in with that formation. They don't lose readily. 

Huge credit must be given to the players- and its harsh criticising Williams when there are only 2 proper midfielders in there. Of course players will make errors, we're in division 4, so can't expect too much.

Clearly Maddison isn't quite there yet, and what were viewers' thoughts on dapo?

A bloody fantastic win, and I'm glad I didn't follow the second half- Northwest tonight brought the score- not great for the ticker.

Get them rested, with a beer, then off to Southend. Confidence must be up after that. 

Well done to them all, looking forward to Saturday now.

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

How can you say that

5 points 

Just being realistic. 5 points might not seem a lot, but surmounting it means everyone around/above us losing/drawing when we win, which isn't going to happen in this mental League. And bear in mind most of them have got a game in hand on us. I hope I'm very wrong of course.

Edited by Cheese