Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mansfield

Blondi

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

What a win.

I love Arthur, never fails to make an impact, always the first to be dropped.

Anyone know when we last came from 2 down in the 2nd half to win away?

I seriously cant remember one but there must be.

Blackburn? 1-0 up; 3-1 down; 4-3 up maybe. Don’t know if that’s the last.

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Just being realistic. 5 points might not seem a lot, but surmounting it means everyone around/above us loses when we win, which isn't going to happen in this mental League. I hope I'm very wrong of course.

There are 18 games left, remember.

Where were reading at this stage of the season...?* :) 

*and don’t say a higher division! 

Edited by Jol_BWFC

21 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Not one of the better recent performances but a hard fought 3 points, I love it when teams are winning and try time wasting then it comes back to bite them on the arse, great win

Genuine question, no recent performances have been "better" have they?  Not like we've been convincing to be honest.  Who cares, nobody else is convincing either.

Think this could be a big turning point, like Fergies Mark Robins moment. Fucking hope so. Psychologically this should be massive for the players

Lee could turn out to be the signing of the season

Strange how a win can change your mood, I looked at the table and thought if we win our game in hand and beat them at home, we are just 5 points off Cambridge in top spot 😄

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

There are 18 games left, remember.Where were reading at this stage of the season...?* :) 

*and don’t say a higher division! 

For us. Most have more than 18 games left, and are all wanting/thinking the same as us. Don't get me wrong, I'd love nothing more than to see us go on a massive run and rocket up the table. I'd really fucking love it.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Clearly Maddison isn't quite there yet, and what were viewers' thoughts on dapo?

I think Maddison will be ok. He's been sent off and subbed up to now. He's not got a full 90 in. That paddy field tonight wasn't for him. He just wants a clean shot on goal or a free kick and he'll be reet.

Dapo is settling in better. He's getting used to the pace (or lack of it).

They both want a bit of a run.

41 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

I'd agree with this.

Totally underwhelmed by Maddison and Williams is piss poor.

But we won!!!! 

Our only game this season in front of fans will be Wembley in the play off final!!!

Maddison will improve with game time, he’s rusty, Williams isn’t great on the ball but he’s a spoiler and doing a reasonable job. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

We just carry on doing our thing

still got the likes of Carlisle, Exeter Newport etc to play 

Bang on. Some of the initial high flyers have dropped off a bit, as often happens. Not unusual for a team to come on strong later. Players must believe, and just focus on winning their games.

Read a little comment a few days ago, from Evatt about us being the best team in the league- not sure this is the best approach, as he may be writing other managers' team talks, but if we can put on a succession of complete performances then he might be justified come the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Might have to take it as 6, given that Carlisle have 4 games in hand!  Hopefully it will be a 6 pointer by the time we play 'em late April.

Point however they’ve won 1 in 5 and go Salford Saturday we could hit form at the right time 

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Bang on. Some of the initial high flyers have dropped off a bit, as often happens. Not unusual for a team to come on strong later. Players must believe, and just focus on winning their games.

Read a little comment a few days ago, from Evatt about us being the best team in the league- not sure this is the best approach, as he may be writing other managers' team talks, but if we can put on a succession of complete performances then he might be justified come the end of the season.

Exactly as I’ve just put Johnny wheels are coming off others and we’re gaining momentum 

• Site Supporter

That was a massive 3 points which will look even more important if we can back it up on Saturday.

1st half we did ok without threatening too much, 2nd half piss poor until we scored.

Gilks on more than 1 occasion showed his age tonight with slow reactions, Jensen isn’t far away from starting imo.

John looks quality. Lee is quality, vital we can keep them fit.

Williams by and large I like. Won’t be mom too often but a steady 6 or 7 every game

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Absolutely. On their regularly, and I can confirm its lush and green. The odd glove, sliced drinks can, and motorcycle part, but looks good.

To be fair, my NHF memories are from late 70s and early 80s. Then it was a bit more sinister. Half concealed bricks, glass, tent pegs, barbed wire, everything.

Sliding in a massive white dogshit was like a breath of fresh air.