Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mansfield

Blondi

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I'm already red raw after tonight's game. If all that comes true, I'll be bashing away at a bloody stump, trying to pump the last drop out of a pair of withered raisins, and won't have enough energy to apply for Wembley tickets.

🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Fuck em. Should have been down to 10. Bottler ref, moaning manager.  Deserved nowt.

I prefer thinking they deserved a point but got fuck all, makes it sweeter. 

But definitely Fuck 'em

Played ok first half.

First half hour of the second half didn’t turn up.

had no shots on target in first 75 (did hit post)

another one of those 15 minute “spells” 

maddison trying too many Hollywood balls.

lee really good

arthur quality and what a finish, thought we missed Thomason 

Results like that change seasons

Clough was not a happy chappy in his post match interview, just kept calling us flukey.

few teams above us play each other on Saturday, so could make good in roads if we can win again.

ps great result Wigan......

Edited by marple whites

Effectively, that's 4 straight wins & yet we still haven't played our best over 90 minutes or peaked yet. I don't want to jinx it, but with Sarce to come back,MM & others still to settle in, a squad good enough to rotate when the games come thick & fast & still have a strong bench, we could get better.

& Williams......an upgrade on Comley & White , & probably better than Tutte, he's not in for his silky skills but to do the unglamorous defensive cover work.........not perfect - he missed a tackle for their 2nd goal - but doing a good job for the team overall.

Hard to pick a MOM, Jones & John both had solid games, as did Lee. ( it almost goes without saying how good Santos was again )

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Effectively, that's 4 straight wins & yet we still haven't played our best over 90 minutes or peaked yet. I don't want to jinx it, but with Sarce to come back,MM & others still to settle in, a squad good enough to rotate when the games come thick & fast & still have a strong bench, we could get better.

& Williams......an upgrade on Comley & White , & probably better than Tutte, he's not in for his silky skills but to do the unglamorous defensive cover work.........not perfect - he missed a tackle for their 2nd goal - but doing a good job for the team overall.

Hard to pick a MOM, Jones & John both had solid games, as did Lee. ( it almost goes without saying how good Santos was again )

Baptiste is another who deserves a mention. He's been immense last few games. Just does his job, and goes under the radar.

Edited by Cheese

That stat about Santos isn't surprising, his game management has improved hugely over last half dozen games, the formation suiting him a lot more I reckon. Baptiste also a big help, rock steady over same period, didn't put a foot wrong tonight.

Santos just doing the stuff defenders should do really well, picking his times better to play out or go long, and throwing in an occasional Yaya Toure-style charge for good measure. 

Whole back four looked a solid, competent unit tonight

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, ianofcleveleys said:

That stat about Santos isn't surprising, his game management has improved hugely over last half dozen games, the formation suiting him a lot more I reckon. Baptiste also a big help, rock steady over same period, didn't put a foot wrong tonight.

Santos just doing the stuff defenders should do really well, picking his times better to play out or go long, and throwing in an occasional Yaya Toure-style charge for good measure. 

Whole back four looked a solid, competent unit tonight

Thing with Santos is, he's not scared to take it forward as well. Few times tonight he skinned a couple of players and created something when he could've just booted it out of the ground. His positioning is spot on. Makes a mockery of everyone who doubted him after a few dreadful rusty performances early on. Another reason I think it's worth giving Maddison more time. He's definitely got something, just lacking a bit of sharpness.

Edited by Cheese

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Thing with Santos is, he's not scared to take it forward as well. Few times tonight he skinned a couple of players and created something when he could've just booted it out of the ground. His positioning is spot on. Makes a mockery of everyone who doubted him after 2 games.

Positioning a big part of his improvement, must have headed or cleared half a dozen crosses in that last ten minutes

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, ianofcleveleys said:

Positioning a big part of his improvement, must have headed or cleared half a dozen crosses in that last ten minutes

I've editted that post to include some bollocks about Maddison, but I agree with you 100%. Be delighted if Santos and Baptiste stay fit for the remainder of the season. First names on the teamsheet for me.

My favourite Wanderers player of all time is Gudni, so probably explains my thinking.

Edited by Cheese