Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mansfield

Blondi

5 hours ago, Ratwhite said:

Lee's touch and play is a class above. If he stays fit he will be the difference, reminds me a bit of Gary Speed.

Yes, I thought exactly the same, he’s cool, uncomplicated, no fuss, just does his job with ease and technically is probably our best player (at the moment)..

It feels nice to say we’ve now got a very strong squad for this division. If the season was just starting now, we’d be up there & looking at winning this League. I reckon we would be better just missing out this season, then be confirmed as Champions after a 0-5 win at Wigan on Easter Saturday 2022 with 10,000 Wanderers fans in all sections of the cheap Unibol copy that is the DW. Everyone on the pitch at the final whistle to take the piss, obvs.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

16 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

It feels nice to say we’ve now got a very strong squad for this division. If the season was just starting now, we’d be up there & looking at winning this League. I reckon we would be better just missing out this season, then be confirmed as Champions after a 0-5 win at Wigan on Easter Saturday 2022 with 10,000 Wanderers fans in all sections of the cheap Unibol copy that is the DW. Everyone on the pitch at the final whistle to take the piss, obvs.

Nice vision, but I'd rather Wigan didn't exist next season.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Site Supporter

If we don't go up this season, not sure next will be any easier.

We've got some decent players in now, but a number are loans. Going to have to do the same next season, as we cant expect to keep them if we remain as a division 4 side.

Don't see us having a load of cash to spend neither.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If we don't go up this season, not sure next will be any easier.

We've got some decent players in now, but a number are loans. Going to have to do the same next season, as we cant expect to keep them if we remain as a division 4 side.

Don't see us having a load of cash to spend neither.

Its not that it will be "easier".  Its more that we dont have to give the others a 15-20 point start.

We can be competitive from day 1, with a real goalkeeper (whoever that may be), real fullbacks, 4-4-2 and of course a better standard of player generally eg Lee instead of White, from day one.  And Politic back hopefully. 

No transfer embargo or wage cap won't do us any harm.

We'll still lose games and we wont run away with it but it would be a major cock up if we weren't top 7 all season.

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Its not that it will be "easier".  Its more that we dont have to give the others a 15-20 point start.

We can be competitive from day 1, with a real goalkeeper (whoever that may be), real fullbacks, 4-4-2 and of course a better standard of player generally eg Lee instead of White, from day one.  And Politic back hopefully. 

We'll still lose games and we wont run away with it but it would be a major cock up if we weren't top 7 all season.

Easier then?

Point is, we'd still have to bring quality players in, and as we have seen nothing is guaranteed. They would also need time to bed in. Dont forget, its not only the loans we have now that we'd lose, but those players already given contracts that Evatt doesn't want to get rid of.

Another rebuilding job for Evatt, which is so much easier with the positivity of a promotion behind him.

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Fuck that.

I want to go up this season.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Anyway.

Do you think Nigel Clough has calmed the fck down yet ?

I hope so; if they're all still lacking their wounds, then perhaps they won't do so well tomorrow. Iirc, they're playing Cambridge and maybe taking points off the top team could help us?