Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Manchester Borough of Bolton, anyone?

globaldiver

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Spider said:

We’ve been part of Manchester for 30 odd years.

Apart from Horwich, which is vying to maintain its Lancastrian roots of course.

You lot can fuck off with your feral kids and expensive car/home insurance. Chorley has enough dickheads without adding a fuck load more.

On current displays I suggest:

'Bolton Manchester Tarts FC'.

In non-wumland I know folk living a stone's throw from Manchester proper who are proud Salfordians...

Bolton will never be part of Manchester.

But I've always been glad of it and it's proximity.

There's a direct train at 22:24, I could get dressed now, take a leisurely walk to the station and be in Manchester City Centre for ten to eleven...

If traffic's bad it can take longer to get to, say, Harwood or Belmont Road...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Is his argument that by making it like london's boroughs it'll help it compete? Like living here in bromley, it's a London Borough, but has its own postcode and I write Kent in my address. 

I don't think Gtr Manchester could work like Gtr London because as he himself says its a collection of villages, the towns of gtr Manchester have too much individual identity. Plus London has grown and consumed throughout history (there's even poems about it around some Kent villages about if London comes over the hills and pulls them in, always remember this was a village etc etc)

The North West didn't develop like that.

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

GMR is fine as it, it just needs reflecting in transport prices and the funds being distributed evenly, most of it goes to Manc-hattan city centre, or at least a big portion of it.

Just kick Wiggin into Merseyside and it will be reet.

Leigh is in Wigan 😁

Edited by Escobarp

7 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Political boundary, I'm from Deane in Bolton, lived in Leigh for the last 6 years, and these fuckers around here hate the Wiggin cunts.

Leigh is Leigh, it's like no other place on earth, the home of joggers, slag wellies, Lonsdale and people with no teeth, I'm like Simon Cowell around here, me and the missus are the only ones with teeth, although Leigh White still has 3 of his own...apparently 😁

He does I can verify that 🤣🤣🤣