Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recommend a supermarket 'secret' food that you always buy that folk might not be aware of

Kane57

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

I had @Not in Crawley & @kent_white down as men of culture, gentlemen clubs, smoking jackets, cravats the whole shebangabang 

To learn they eat pot noodle butties and microwave mash is ruining the illusion somewhat 

"If you can walk with Kings and not lose the common touch, you'll be a man my son..."

8 minutes ago, Rudy said:

@Youri McAnespie I’ve heard you’re known as the Keith Floyd of GL

Probably got his liver...

I actually worked in catering quite a lot in my twenties (proper catering, not 'fries with that' 😉). It was my fallback job when I got sacked/got bored in other jobs.

People slating Crawley for his Pot Noodle butties - I've known top drawer chefs (me too) who ate absolute shite off the clock; Pot Noodles, Ramen, Rustler Burgers, Space Raiders (sometimes on bread), Fray Bentos Pies, Holland's Puddings, Garage Forecourt butties, pastie barms, elephant leg kebabs, Koolios Fried Chicken...

The last thing anyone wants to do getting in at 11pm is fuck about cooking (after doing it all day).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
11 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I reckon Youri is the sort of person who thinks it's acceptable to have gravy with fish, from the chippy. Or the sort of animal who dunks biscuits into his tea/coffee

Security guard at work dunks his toast in his brew

I assume his dead mother is stuffed on the couch

• Members
10 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Won't it lead to a buttery layer on top of your brew? That's dirty that is. 

Drinks the lot as well

So soggy buttery toast crumbs in the bottom of it 

Just now, Sweep said:

Kevin Webster on Corrie does that every now and then

He looks the sort 

35386294-8925601-Legendary_The_actor_who

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Has your wife ever owned one ? 

Not in the 11 years she’s been with me no 😁. She lived at home before she met me (she was only a whippernsapper) Her mum and dad have one but I refuse to eat anything that they put in it. Not because there is anything wrong with it but because I’m a cunt and it winds her mum up (36dd) who I fucking hate and vice versa. 

ive even left perfectly tasty food on the pretense of not liking it just to piss the witch off. I’m such a dick 

23 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I reckon Youri is the sort of person who thinks it's acceptable to have gravy with fish, from the chippy. Or the sort of animal who dunks biscuits into his tea/coffee

Club shop, now.

Fish with gravy?

Why not just accuse me of being a stand-up wiper and be done with it?

I was brought up in a working class family in the 80's - I was one of the aspirational 'hankering for a wok' Miami Vice generation.

I rejected my heritage with extreme prejudice. I was cooking for myself from 13ish.

I bought my 1st bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau at about 15 from the old Sainsbury's (I was still supping Breaker and Colt45 on Friday street/fairground pissups).

Jacques Pepin, Keith, Ken Hom...I used to watch them all.

I am an excellent chef. So up yours. 😀

I bet you mince around Waitrose putting poncey foodstuffs you've no idea what to do with in your trolley to try and impress the other faux posho shoppers and the tillperson.

You stick this stuff in the cupboard and fridge to slowly go off whilst you speeddial Dominos for your regular 22" stuffed crust family mealdeal.

I bet you've sent back screwtop in restaurants claiming it's 'corked'.

I bet you think Salsify is QPR's reserve 'keeper.

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

They are though. With some milk, butter salt and pepper. The only real difference in how they taste is how well mashed they are and what you add to them. 

Mash can be overmashed - the carb cells broken down to the point of gloop.

Mash making is an art.

Freezing mash is good, one can ice-skim water, creating a very light and fluffy mash.

Youri Bloomenttall.

20 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Mash can be overmashed - the carb cells broken down to the point of gloop.

Mash making is an art.

Freezing mash is good, one can ice-skim water, creating a very light and fluffy mash.

Youri Bloomenttall.

I've only recently discovered freezing mash instead of throwing out spuds that are a little bit past their best. Absolute revelation, really can't believe how well they turn up. I very much draw the line at buying pre-frozen mash though.

30 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Chippy curry sauce on fish and chips?

Perfectly acceptable.

Not just perfectly acceptable - it should be compulsory, i struggle to eat a chippy fish without curry sauce on it - its got to be that yellow chinesey type stuff though, owt else is just wrong.

Edited by Burndens Bogs