Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recommend a supermarket 'secret' food that you always buy that folk might not be aware of

Kane57

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Don’t forget spring onions & cucumber, you get 12 pancakes so you’ll need help to finish it. 

Er........no!!!! It’s a meal for one 😀. One of my regular friday night teas. I’m with you mounts they are bloody lovely

Edited by MancWanderer

48 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Well the Hello Fresh Bix has arrived. That's us sorted for the week. Decent mix this week.https://www.hellofresh.co.uk/

I'd give this a go for two of you, saves us a fortune. 

The Mrs signed up for this, we're on the second week of it. Was sceptical before hand but have been well impressed with it. Would recommend to anyone. Really reasonably priced as well, as you say, especially with half price first week 👍

Helps with portion size also, as I'm always guilty of going back for seconds when cooked a pan full of something. 

My menopausally enraged mother rammed my little face onto a plate with a Goblin meat pudding on it after it was flat out refused like a horse at Beecher's Brook.

It was the impression of the can bottom in it, looked like dogfood.

I made a very sad Shepherd in the school Nativity play the same evening. 🙁

They sell that tinned bacon roll at the corner shop, I was served that fried as a kid and liked it - often thought about getting some.

But I don't own a frying pan.

Now that's food related snobbery.

(Apologies to the italicscist).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
8 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

My menopausally enraged mother rammed my little face onto a plate with a Goblin meat pudding on it after it was flat out refused like a horse at Beecher's Brook.

It was the impression of the can bottom in it, looked like dogfood.

I made a very sad Shepherd in the school Nativity play the same evening. 🙁

They sell that tinned bacon roll at the corner shop, I was served that fried as a kid and liked it - often thought about getting some.

But I don't own a frying pan.

Now that's food related snobbery.

(Apologies to the italicscist).

Thats so sad 😢

• Site Supporter
Just now, bolton_blondie said:

Eww didn't even know people boiled parsnips. 

We’ve long since established that gastronomy in these parts is a wild tapestry ranging from sensible, tasty sounding concoctions, all the way to dishes that would only be eaten by Double Y chromosome lunatics.

Boiled parsnips is about par.

Ive just had a load of TGI Friday branded chicken wings from Iceland. My excuse is that it was the choice of my lad for his birthday.

Just now, bolton_blondie said:

'the change' is no excuse. Cow. 

That 'cow' is long dead...

You swine. 😀

Anyhow I'm probably of the last generation where a crack was expected, my parents weren't particularly smack-happy either.

It made us.

Tough but dysfunctional - I'll take that over mard but well-rounded.

• Members
16 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

That 'cow' is long dead...

You swine. 😀

Anyhow I'm probably of the last generation where a crack was expected, my parents weren't particularly smack-happy either.

It made us.

Tough but dysfunctional - I'll take that over mard but well-rounded.

Sorry. I get very emotional when it involves kids getting a crack. Maybe it's because I got one too many as a kid. 

• Members
18 minutes ago, Spider said:

We’ve long since established that gastronomy in these parts is a wild tapestry ranging from sensible, tasty sounding concoctions, all the way to dishes that would only be eaten by Double Y chromosome lunatics.

Boiled parsnips is about par.

Ive just had a load of TGI Friday branded chicken wings from Iceland. My excuse is that it was the choice of my lad for his birthday.

TGIs is shit. And expensive. Little one always wants to go for her birthday. I always end up crying at the cost. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

TGIs is shit. And expensive. Little one always wants to go for her birthday. I always end up crying at the cost. 

They’re all shit those places: TGI, Frankie and Bettys; Chiquito; Coast to Coast.

Theyre not shit because they’re not authentic. Ironically, when I’ve been to America the place is brimming with gaffs of their nature that serve platefuls of generic meats smothered in syrup.

They’re shit because the food is rank and the prices lamentable.

But kids like it and I like an easy life.

• Members
Just now, Spider said:

They’re all shit those places: TGI, Frankie and Bettys; Chiquito; Coast to Coast.

Theyre not shit because they’re not authentic. Ironically, when I’ve been to America the place is brimming with gaffs of their nature that serve platefuls of generic meats smothered in syrup.

They’re shit because the food is rank and the prices lamentable.

But kids like it and I like an easy life.

Only decent chain restaurant I like is Las Iguanas. Think the 2 for 1 cocktails helps